Linkin Park lead singer Chester Bennington dead

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find a lot of things amusing and I'm savage sometimes among interaction with my friends. But I cannot ever joke about suicide and apparently most of you cannot understand it or you wouldn't be either.

As a Resident Therapist, I can tell you that you are very lucky to never felt as low as those who attempt and commit suicide. Ideation or the thought of killing oneself is nothing but the act and willingness is beyond what most can comprehend/understand unless you have been there.

That is why mental health has problems.......people are embarrassed because of douches who make fun of others who have problems which creates a bigger problem.

I find a lot of things amusing and I'm savage sometimes among interaction with my friends. But I cannot ever joke about suicide and apparently most of you cannot understand it or you wouldn't be either.

As a Resident Therapist, I can tell you that you are very lucky to never felt as low as those who attempt and commit suicide. Ideation or the thought of killing oneself is nothing but the act and willingness is beyond what most can comprehend/understand unless you have been there.

That is why mental health has problems.......people are embarrassed because of douches who make fun of others who have problems which creates a bigger problem.

I could not agree more.

I am dumbfounded when I came back to this thread this morning to see people making jokes at this poor guy's expense

Show some respect people. It doesn't matter if you hated the band. I wasn't a huge fan either but I'm not about to go and make cracks at the guys suicide.

CBF

I could not agree more.

I am dumbfounded when I came back to this thread this morning to see people making jokes at this poor guy's expense

Show some respect people. It doesn't matter if you hated the band. I wasn't a huge fan either but I'm not about to go and make cracks at the guys suicide.

CBF

I'm not sure what these people stand to gain from it other than looking like asses. Then again, that's been at least one of the poster's MO in his brief time here.

I could not agree more.

CBF

I only see one post joking about the suicide. I think it's sick, too. But discussing the band's music is a) relevant; b) not disrespectful; and c) not making light of his suicide.

I unfortunately had to deal with it with two family members who hung themselves. To find people saying good and nice and joking about this shows how classless people can be.

Suicide is hilarious! You are so cool.

I liked Linkin Park for what they were. Far from a great band but they served a big purpose in my early 20s.

I feel terrible for his kids. It has to be so hard to understand why their dad is gone. But to laugh at a guy who had a lot of money, fame, and a family killing himself at 41 makes you kinda sick. The guy obviously had very serious issues going on.

I only see one post joking about the suicide. I think it's sick, too. But discussing the band's music is a) relevant; b) not disrespectful; and c) not making light of his suicide.

I don't mind people saying they don't like the band but when someone posts "Nice! Those guys sucked!" It upsets me.

Also, when another poster posts a pic of a Tweet from Linkin Park and circles the words "hang with us" I just find that very disrespectful

CBF

I don't mind people saying they don't like the band but when someone posts "Nice! Those guys sucked!" It upsets me.

Also, when another poster posts a pic of a Tweet from Linkin Park and circles the words "hang with us" I just find that very disrespectful

CBF

That's our society. It's cool to be a prick and say awful things when you hide behind a computer screen.

If you don't like the guy or the band, don't be an a hole and post in the thread. People are such losers.

Dating back to 1983 to present day - with the last one being late night Jan., 15, 2015 - I've known, well, eight people who have committed suicide. No family. All friends and/or co-workers.

The last one hurt the most. Her name was Rebecca and she lived life to the fullest. Took it right by the balls and I envied her for it. She worked for me for years and was a friend. I had ZERO idea that she battled depression.

At least once/week, I think about her. I think about her very last moments and whether she was crying and wrestling with actually doing it. Or if she was certain and she was at peace before she hanged herself.

I've never been mad at her and I know there's nothing I could have done to prevent it. But I do miss her and I just feel sad that she was that sad.

I've spent many years devoting time to a NFP for homeless vets. Since Becky's suicide, I've often thought that switching gears and latching onto a Suicide Prevention/Awareness NFP is something I should do. I think I will.

To the person who put up the picture and circled the "hang with us," part. Just delete it.

CBF

I agree 100%. I definitely missed one.

Dating back to 1983 to present day - with the last one being late night Jan., 15, 2015 - I've known, well, eight people who have committed suicide. No family. All friends and/or co-workers.

The last one hurt the most. Her name was Rebecca and she lived life to the fullest. Took it right by the balls and I envied her for it. She worked for me for years and was a friend. I had ZERO idea that she battled depression.

At least once/week, I think about her. I think about her very last moments and whether she was crying and wrestling with actually doing it. Or if she was certain and she was at peace before she hanged herself.

I've never been mad at her and I know there's nothing I could have done to prevent it. But I do miss her and I just feel sad that she was that sad.

I've spent many years devoting time to a NFP for homeless vets. Since Becky's suicide, I've often thought that switching gears and latching onto a Suicide Prevention/Awareness NFP is something I should do. I think I will.

To the person who put up the picture and circled the "hang with us," part. Just delete it.

Well said Gug.

Yes I agree. If you cant be respectful in this thread then please do not post here

CBF