When was the last time you got really mad?

Not just a little upset or irritated where you're having a hard time controlling yourself....something that made your bad temper come out. What happened or what was the reason?

It's been a while for me because generally I'm pretty laid back.

Mine was in 2010 playing in a company softball league. My company was playing a bar.

It was basically office employees vs bartenders/servers/bouncers.

One of the bouncers was this arrogant !@#$. He was loud and obnoxious....and he had a fohawk haircut. He popped out and for whatever reason, started running his mouth at our dugout on the first base side. We weren't talking any trash....he just wanted to start some ****.

Our 1st baseman was our intern. When he was running by her, he looked at her and grabbed his junk and said "you want to play with this bat after the game?" I FLIPPED OUT. He was jogging back towards his dugout and I went after him. I got right in his ear around home plate and the fight was on. What sucked is that my team took their time to get out there in this benches clearing brawl. Their dugout was out in seconds and I had 3 guys on me quickly. They eventually took me down. I've trained in jiu jitsu and when I was on my back, I got the guys right arm in an arm bar. I was getting ready to really pull back but then the fight was broken up and we got separated.

I was still steaming and I tried to follow the guy to the parking lot but our Area VP was at the game and my boss told me that I need to stop. I can get fired for company outings like this.

I was shaking I was so mad. Looking back at it now, I'm glad it was broken up. I had the guys arm sunk and I could have snapped it...probably would have because I lost control of my temper. That would have gotten me in a lot of trouble.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not just a little upset or irritated where you're having a hard time controlling yourself....something that made your bad temper come out. What happened or what was the reason?

Mine was in 2010 playing in a company softball league. My company was playing a bar.

One of the bouncers was this arrogant !@#$. He was loud and obnoxious....and he had a fohawk haircut. He popped out and for whatever reason, started running his mouth at our dugout on the first base side. We weren't talking any trash....he just wanted to start some ****.

Our 1st baseman was our intern. When he was running by her, he looked at her and grabbed his junk and said "you want to play with this bat after the game?" I FLIPPED OUT. He was jogging back towards his dugout and I went after him. I got right in his ear around home plate and the fight was on. What sucked is that my team took their time to get out there in this benches clearing brawl. Their dugout was out in seconds and I had 3 guys on me quickly. They eventually took me down. I've trained in jiu jitsu and when I was on my back, I got the guys right arm in an arm bar. I was getting ready to really pull back but then the fight was broken up and we got separated.

I was still steaming and I tried to follow the guy to the parking lot but our Area VP was at the game and my boss told me that I need to stop. I can get fired for company outings like this.

I was shaking I was so mad. Looking back at it now, I'm glad it was broken up. I had the guys arm sunk and I could have snapped it...probably would have because I lost control of my temper. That would have gotten me in a lot of trouble.

This didn't happen.

It most certainly did.

Oh, ok.

Well the last time I got really mad was when I was walking with my girlfriend and these street punks started hassling us. At first it wasn't that bad, just them whistling and making crude comments about her so we decided to ignore them and just kept walking. But they followed us and got increasingly aggressive. Eventually their leader got in front of me and was blocking my path. He said he wasn't going to let us go unless he got a kiss. I planted a big wet one on him but I guess he wanted one from her. They formed a circle around us and the taunting escalated. I could feel my blood boiling and warned them that I was livid and they wouldn't like what was coming next. That's when he pulled a knife. One of his lackeys grabbed my girls ass and then I f@#$ing lost it. I turned bright green and grew three times my normal size and proceeded to totally wreck shop. Beat the hell out of all of them. It was like a I was a different person. I eventually returned to my normal form and vowed to never lose my temper again. She and I eventually broke up and I just walked off into the sunset.

i had a straight up adult tantrum a few months ago. i'm in the process of trying to build a new building for work. i put a so called team together with the help of someone i've know a while who was working as the project manager. well...after months of me telling them what i wanted, and what my budget was, they came up with plans that were way too over done, and far too over budget. we're talking 6 months of work to learn that i'd have to pay more to have draw ups done the way i wanted them done in the first place. i refused to pay them a dime and called a meeting.

at this meeting, one of the heads of the engineering firm brought down a higher up to confront me about payment. holy **** did we get into it. it ended with me screaming at a room full of men, swearing, and slamming the door on my way out. needless to say, most of the team is still not together.

Oh, ok.

Well the last time I got really mad was when I was walking with my girlfriend and these street punks started hassling us. At first it wasn't that bad, just them whistling and making crude comments about her so we decided to ignore them and just kept walking. But they followed us and got increasingly aggressive. Eventually their leader got in front of me and was blocking my path. He said he wasn't going to let us go unless he got a kiss. I planted a big wet one on him but I guess he wanted one from her. They formed a circle around us and the taunting escalated. I could feel my blood boiling and warned them that I was livid and they wouldn't like what was coming next. That's when he pulled a knife. One of his lackeys grabbed my girls ass and then I f@#$ing lost it. I turned bright green and grew three times my normal size and proceeded to totally wreck shop. Beat the hell out of all of them. It was like a I was a different person. I eventually returned to my normal form and vowed to never lose my temper again. She and I eventually broke up and I just walked off into the sunset.

Was this punk spouting off rap lyrics by chance?

Do you mean "by chance,?" as in - coincidentally?

Or do you mean lyrics by Chance the Rapper?

Sometimes rap lyrics are misinterpreted...maybe this punk was just reciting some good natured, motivational words and Jauronimo took it the wrong way.

Do you mean "by chance,?" as in - coincidentally?

Or do you mean lyrics by Chance the Rapper?

That reminds me of the time when I was traveling across the country to meet up with some of my old college buddies. Good old fashioned road trip. I roll into this small town in Idaho and immediately I start getting flack from the local sheriff. They toss me in the slammer for a night and that's when I start having flashbacks. I go full PTSD. They fly in a whole special forces team to get me!! Luckily for me, I had covert, black ops, super commando training. Had to take them all out. It was a massacre.

Oh, ok.

Green is a good look on you.

That reminds me of the time when I was traveling across the country to meet up with some of my old college buddies. Good old fashioned road trip. I roll into this small town in Idaho and immediately I start getting flack from the local sheriff. They toss me in the slammer for a night and that's when I start having flashbacks. I go full PTSD. They fly in a whole special forces team to get me!! Luckily for me, I had covert, black ops, super commando training. Had to take them all out. It was a massacre.

This reminds me of a time when I was traveling for work. I had to do an audit to close a file with a dairy farmer.

I get to his house and him being a dairy farmer, I asked him for a glass of milk. Best milk I ever had....I told him to compliment the cows for me.

Anywho, I was looking for a certain family and I figured this dairy farmer knew their whereabouts. He said he didn't but knew he was lying...made me angry.

After I got done smoking my overly large tobacco pipe, I was able to get him to admit he was sheltering enemies of the state under neath his floor boards.

I brought in my team to do some clean up but one enemy of the state got away. Real pretty girl who I found out went to a small town in France and run a cinema.

Edited by Teeflebees

That is actually pretty funny & I got to agree with Jauranimo, this didn't happen or it has been greatly embellished by you. I am not sure what company you work for but if this happened at a company held event my guess is you would have been fired before you would have had a chance to get back in the dugout & take your spikes off.

Oh, ok.

Well played sir, well played.

That is actually pretty funny & I got to agree with Jauranimo, this didn't happen or it has been greatly embellished by you. I am not sure what company you work for but if this happened at a company held event my guess is you would have been fired before you would have had a chance to get back in the dugout & take your spikes off.

Well played sir, well played.

It did happen and it wasn't embellished. I worked for this company out of Scottsdale, AZ.

The game was forfeited.

I didn't fight another employee, I went after someone who sexually harassed our intern who was one of ours.

The Area VP at the game was with another business line and worked out of a different office. He didn't say a word after it was done and just went back to his hotel room.

I have other interesting stories of my time there but not worth telling because I guess I would be lying.

Past Sunday. At work... A bassboat came out of the "woodwork" along the upper guidewall at the lock... There is an alcove 1,000' feet up wall. Of course he was chasing smallmouth. An 800'x70' towboat loaded with 10,000 tons of coal was leaving lock and the pleasure boat (PC) was in the channel (deep water) between wall and just in front of approaching tow. He froze... Then cut right in front of tow.

Loaded barges, project depth draft is 9' deep. A bassboat, drafts just a few inches... They would have been smashed like a pancake between wall and the 10,000 tons. If he just went to other side where the other PC were waiting lock turn, if something happened, the barges would have ran aground and PC could scoot around. You know, the "queuing area" where "everybody else" was waiting.

Most boaters simply do not get it. He was hiding in my blind spot when I realeased the tow. Tow blowing his horns, etc... Dude just froze... Then at last second cut in front. If his motor died, he would have been under the rakes (sweeping bow of a barge) of the first two barges in the 6-pack of the tow.

Anyway... I was a screaming muthaph**ka on the PA, I think I dropped the EffBomb on Marine VHF Channel 16 trying to get a hold of the towboat pilot to warn them!

I wasn't a happy camper when I locked down the group of PC after giving them the green light to lock. I am like: "Take off the blinders people!"

And he had a child on board... At least the child was wearing a personal floation device (PFD). Could have popped and floated to top. Easy peezy for the USCG. Adult, PFD-less would have been dragged under the tow for God knows how long, divers called in.

I was a bit miffed to say the least.

And that is not the best part. Just before I realeased the tow north... Another plastic PC stalled in channel. Got their prop caught on the tube they were towing. It cuts the towing line... They get to other side and leave tube to get run over. I have to speed on golf cart, grab pike pole and snag said humongous torpedo tube. I should have gaffed the thing w/the pole. I left it on chamber wall for them when they came in to lock through. And when I get the tube, they are on the fantail with an open flame grill... Effing grilling! Not gonna profile, but by all accounts they may have been patrons of the south side of the wall somebody, who shall remain nameless, wants to build. Tejano music blasting away, not a care in the world. The smell of grilled tacos did smell nice, I do admit. :-/ Cilantro has a nice aroma. Boat was over crowded too... Women, children the whole 9 yards. :-/

Besides that. I don't get mad, except when three grown people in house walk past a litter box and can't clean it. :-/

Please merge this w/Peeved thread. ;-)

It did happen and it wasn't embellished. I worked for this company out of Scottsdale, AZ.

The game was forfeited.

I didn't fight another employee, I went after someone who sexually harassed our intern who was one of ours.

The Area VP at the game was with another business line and worked out of a different office. He didn't say a word after it was done and just went back to his hotel room.

I have other interesting stories of my time there but not worth telling because I guess I would be lying.

Did the rag tag group of bartenders eventually come together as a team and win the softball championship against the corporate bad guys in the upset of the century and save the Rec center from being bulldozed and turned into luxury condos?? I bet the quiet guy who was never good at sports and can't hit remembered some key bit of advice from the practice montage and jacked a homer in the bottom of the 9th to win the game.

Did the rag tag group of bartenders eventually come together as a team and win the softball championship against the corporate bad guys in the upset of the century and save the Rec center from being bulldozed and turned into luxury condos?? I bet the quiet guy who was never good at sports and can't hit remembered some key bit of advice from the practice montage and jacked a homer in the bottom of the 9th to win the game.

Don't know....I was suspended by the league for the season. I didn't keep up.

Also FYI...it's 7 inning games and not 9.