Position battle(s) starting odds

Only difference is I think Dawkins/Mills is closer to 50/50. Dawkins will need to be at least on the same level as Mills, otherwise the coaches may go with the more experienced Mills until Dawkins shows the improvement.

Also, I think the #2 TE position will be a close, important competition, and I think O'Leary will win the battle.

Where does Groy factor in?

Only difference is I think Dawkins/Mills is closer to 50/50. Dawkins will need to be at least on the same level as Mills, otherwise the coaches may go with the more experienced Mills until Dawkins shows the improvement.

Also, I think the #2 TE position will be a close, important competition, and I think O'Leary will win the battle.

Mills is occasionally just brutal at pass protection. Dawkins will need to show he's better at that and I think he can snag the job.

I think both Brown, Ragland & Hodges should start, save wear and tear on Alexander who should be a rotation DE.

I don't think the starting 3 will be the same 2 in the nickel. There isn't a "3 down linebacker" on the roster.

Hodges will see a lot of time in the Nickel. Same with Humber, and maybe Milano? I think zo plays SAM for when we do the traditional 4-3 under. Not sure who's the traditional Will, but it seems like the options are Brown/Hodges. When we go over, i could see subbing out zo for one of the others.

Edited by dneveu

There are a few battles that will be decided during camp and I thought that we should apply odds to the starters. Please determine if you think that the odds are different or if they are right, identify the starter(s).

Let's start with LB because this could shake out in a variety of ways (pick 3):

- Ragland 80%

- Brown 65%

- Hodges 60%

- Alexander 50%

- Humber 35%

- Field 10%

S

- Poyer 95%

- Field 5%

CB (pick 2):

- Darby 95%

- White 92%

- Seymour 10%

- Field 3%

RT:

- Dawkins 60%

- Mills 40%

RG:

- Miller 85%

- Ducase 10%

- Field 5%

WR 2:

- Jones 65%

- Holmes 30%

- Field 5%

Hard to argue with that

CBF

Where does Groy factor in?

Mills is occasionally just brutal at pass protection. Dawkins will need to show he's better at that and I think he can snag the job.

It was hard to watch. That's why Dawkins was drafted, and the staff certainly hopes he can start sooner than later. Maybe that gives him a bit of an edge.

@TBNSports

Who starts – Preston Brown or Reggie Ragland? @JaySkurski's #Bills training camp countdown begins at [bN] Blitz: http://bit.ly/2u5ovCd

I read an article somewhere, where McDerminator called out Humber, Brown, and Lorax as the starting LBs at this point so far.

It was hard to watch. That's why Dawkins was drafted, and the staff certainly hopes he can start sooner than later. Maybe that gives him a bit of an edge.

Right. Also wondering how our O-Line transitions to the Zone blocking schemes, vs the man-blocking schemes we ran for the past 2 seasons.