Position battle(s) starting odds

There are a few battles that will be decided during camp and I thought that we should apply odds to the starters. Please determine if you think that the odds are different or if they are right, identify the starter(s).

Let's start with LB because this could shake out in a variety of ways (pick 3):

- Ragland 80%

- Brown 65%

- Hodges 60%

- Alexander 50%

- Humber 35%

- Field 10%

S

- Poyer 95%

- Field 5%

CB (pick 2):

- Darby 95%

- White 92%

- Seymour 10%

- Field 3%

RT:

- Dawkins 60%

- Mills 40%

RG:

- Miller 85%

- Ducase 10%

- Field 5%

WR 2:

- Jones 65%

- Holmes 30%

- Field 5%

There are a few battles that will be decided during camp and I thought that we should apply odds to the starters. Please determine if you think that the odds are different or if they are right, identify the starter(s).

Let's start with LB because this could shake out in a variety of ways (pick 3):

- Ragland 80%

- Brown 65%

- Hodges 60%

- Alexander 50%

- Humber 35%

- Field 10%

S

- Poyer 95%

- Field 5%

CB (pick 2):

- Darby 95%

- White 92%

- Seymour 10%

- Field 3%

RT:

- Dawkins 60%

- Mills 40%

RG:

- Miller 85%

- Ducase 10%

- Field 5%

WR 2:

- Jones 65%

- Holmes 30%

- Field 5%

100% chance that Miller starts at RG.

Linebacker (pick 3):

- Ragland 80%
- Brown 50%
- Hodges 50%
- Alexander 65%
- Humber 45%
- Field 10%

S
- Poyer 95%
- Field 5%

CB (pick 2):
- Darby 95%
- White 92%
- Seymour 10%
- Field 3%

RT:
- Dawkins 50%
- Mills 50%

RG:
- Miller 75%
- Ducase 20%
- Field 5%

WR 2:
- Jones 45%
- Holmes 50%
- Field 5%

100% chance that Miller starts at RG.

I hope so. I do think Castillo is a Ducasse fan though worryingly.

EDIT: This Field chap should definitely make the roster...... McDermott loves versatility and this guy is in the mix at every position!

Edited by GunnerBill

Linebacker (pick 3):

- Ragland 80%

- Brown 50%

- Hodges 50%

- Alexander 65%

- Humber 45%

- Field 10%

S

- Poyer 95%

- Field 5%

CB (pick 2):

- Darby 95%

- White 92%

- Seymour 10%

- Field 3%

RT:

- Dawkins 50%

- Mills 50%

RG:

- Miller 75%

- Ducase 20%

- Field 5%

WR 2:

- Jones 45%

- Holmes 50%

- Field 5%

I hope so. I do think Castillo is a Ducasse fan though worryingly.

EDIT: This Field chap should definitely make the roster...... McDermott loves versatility and this guy is in the mix at every position!

He's there at every game no matter the venue.

The best ability is availability.

Can't step on that at all. :thumbsup:

Yeah, that wouldn't be on the list except for OTAs. I think Miller is pretty good.

I do as well. If Vlad is starting, then I worry about the productivity of the offense. I could see Groy at RG well before Vlad if Miller is injured or doesn't perform.

Don't care about OTAs. When they line up against the Jets on opening day, Miller will be in at RG if he's healthy.

we'll see. it's definitely not 100%. they really like Ducasse for some reason

Really can't take what happens in OTAs seriously. I mean, Dez Lewis is the king of OTAs then disappears once pads are put on.

I think Miller will be the starting RG no questions about it. Only spot I see up for grabs is RT. Praying Dawkins will emerge as our starter. I don't know if I can take another seeing speed rushers blow by Mills on the regular.

Really can't take what happens in OTAs seriously. I mean, Dez Lewis is the king of OTAs then disappears once pads are put on.

I think Miller will be the starting RG no questions about it. Only spot I see up for grabs is RT. Praying Dawkins will emerge as our starter. I don't know if I can take another seeing speed rushers blow by Mills on the regular.

I think that with Jones and Dawkins I feel more strongly than most. The Bills traded up in round 2 to acquire each guy. I'm confident that they didn't say "we need to get our hands on Jones and Dawkins because they'll be quality depth behind Holmes and Mills." Their actions tell me that they intend for these guys to be starters.

I think that with Jones and Dawkins I feel more strongly than most. The Bills traded up in round 2 to acquire each guy. I'm confident that they didn't say "we need to get our hands on Jones and Dawkins because they'll be quality depth behind Holmes and Mills." Their actions tell me that they intend for these guys to be starters.

Agree but starters week 1? Wouldn't surprise me in either case to see Holmes and Mills as week 1 starters giving way to Dawkins and Jones by the bye. Both are close battles though and if the rookies shine in camp and pre-season they will start week 1. Both Holmes and Mills have received personal praise from coaches through the spring.

Edited by GunnerBill

Agree but starters week 1? Would surprise me in either case to see Holmes and Mills as week 1 starters giving way to Dawkins and Jones by the bye. Bothe are close battles though and if the rookies shine in camp and pre-season they will start week 1. Both Holmes and Mills have received personal praise from coaches through the spring.

Yeah, I expect it to be week 1. I think Mills and Holmes will be quality depth. The Bills are going to roll with their guys.