Zeke Just Can't Stay Out of Trouble

H2o

@robphillips3

More from Jerry Jones today on Ezekiel Elliott:

DFCMJugUIAEi7Ct.jpg

Right, because as a rock-star athlete in H.S., and then THE Ohio State University, Zeke wasn't exposed to anything and is just a babe in the woods.

It's embarrassing for Jones to makes statements like this. Players need to be held accountable.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry...but I'd put Zeke at the very bottom of your list. Id also put several others ahead of him. AP, Marshawn, Forte...to name a few. You gotta earn that status. After one year, he hasn't

Btw...!@#$ hillary👍

Really?!? He had 1,631 yards as a rookie in 15 games!! That's more yards than Marshawn has ever had in any season and 300 yards more than Forte has had in any year in his career. In addition his 15 rushing TDs are more than either guy has ever had in any year and would be the 2nd most that Peterson ever had in a season. Neither Forte or Lynch has ever averaged 5.1 YPC. This doesn't even get into guys like Martin. It's not 2011 anymore. If the small sample size is your issue I don't know how you could be comfortable including Fournette?

In summation his one season is better than the best season that any of those guys (not named Peterson) has ever put together. There isn't a team in the league that would take Forte or Lynch over Zeke for 2017. I highly doubt anyone would take Peterson over him either as evidenced by Gillislee getting a bigger FA contract.

Zeke is absolutely in that top tier with Johnson, McCoy and Bell. He had 300 yards more than the 2nd best back, he's a good pass catcher and maybe the best blocking RB in the league. I'd have Bell 1st but he's the least dependable, Zeke 2nd because he has had a bigger effect on games than Johnson, who would be 3rd with his all around skill set and McCoy 4th who may be the best runner of the group but is approaching the back 9. The next tier would be guys like Howard, Gordon, Freeman, Miller, Peterson, Crowell, Murray and Ajayi (in no particular order).

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Really?!? He had 1,631 yards as a rookie in 15 games!! That's more yards than Marshawn has ever had in any season and 300 yards more than Forte has had in any year in his career. In addition his 15 rushing TDs are more than either guy has ever had in any year and would be the 2nd most that Peterson ever had in a season. Neither Forte or Lynch has ever averaged 5.1 YPC. This doesn't even get into guys like Martin. It's not 2011 anymore. If the small sample size is your issue I don't know how you could be comfortable including Fournette?

In summation his one season is better than the best season that any of those guys (not named Peterson) has ever put together. There isn't a team in the league that would take Forte or Lynch over Zeke for 2017. I highly doubt anyone would take Peterson over him either as evidenced by Gillislee getting a bigger FA contract.

Zeke is absolutely in that top tier with Johnson, McCoy and Bell. He had 300 yards more than the 2nd best back, he's a good pass catcher and maybe the best blocking RB in the league. I'd have Bell 1st but he's the least dependable, Zeke 2nd because he has had a bigger effect on games than Johnson, who would be 3rd with his all around skill set and McCoy 4th who may be the best runner of the group but is approaching the back 9. The next tier would be guys like Howard, Gordon, Freeman, Miller, Peterson, Crowell, Murray and Ajayi (in no particular order).

Yikes! You are a fan of this kid, sorry. Fact is, the ROOKIE had a good year behind probably the best O-line in the league. Does that make him a top 4 rb in this league? Not in my eyes. He's a head case ready to pop. Honestly...regardless of numbers, Karlos was more impressive as a runner and catcher from the backfield in his rookie year after seeing moves he made, defenders missed/ran over.

My only true arguement is, he did it one year..best line...and good supporting cast. Thats not top 5 in my book. Maybe even not top 8! Ever hear of sophmore slump? We should debate this in 2 years. Im not saying he's not good, but c'mon man...the best? I wonder how he'd do behind a lesser line. Idt top 4..yet

You're a Cowgirl fan, huh?

P.S....i didnt say this season. You said he was top 4..gave me the dumb Hillary look. But to say he's better than 30 other proven starters in this league is not accurate or even debatable yet due to his mere 15 games. ..behind the best line in football. Gimme a break. Dont annoint him just yet!

Edited by BuffAlone

Yikes! You are a fan of this kid, sorry. Fact is, the ROOKIE had a good year behind probably the best O-line in the league. Does that make him a top 4 rb in this league? Not in my eyes. He's a head case ready to pop. Honestly...regardless of numbers, Karlos was more impressive as a runner and catcher from the backfield in his rookie year after seeing moves he made, defenders missed/ran over.

My only true arguement is, he did it one year..best line...and good supporting cast. Thats not top 5 in my book. Maybe even not top 8! Ever hear of sophmore slump? We should debate this in 2 years. Im not saying he's not good, but c'mon man...the best? I wonder how he'd do behind a lesser line. Idt top 4..yet

Wow! Not IMO. Not even close.

Wow! Not IMO. Not even close.

To each their own. Karlos did more with less opportunity and a lesser line than Zeke did..is what i meant. Hell, Freddie Jackson could've put up those numbers with Dallas Oline Edited by BuffAlone

You're a Cowgirl fan, huh?

You named a bunch of guys who've never had a single year as good as his only year. I'm a Zeke fan (OSU) but this has nothing to do with being a homer. His first year was incredible. He was destined for that though. He was the best RB prospect since Peterson. This wasn't some guy that came out of nowhere and produced a good year. He was the best player entering the draft and produced one of the great rookie seasons of all-time. I don't know what games you are watching but he had 300 more rushing yards than anybody else (in 15 games)!! You put him behind Mark Ingram and Doug Martin?!?!? If Zeke has a down year we are probably talking 1,400 yards and 10 TDs. That 1,400 yards would have been the best in the league. I don't think that you realize the prospect that he was coming in. He wasn't a solid player, he was a dominant superstar. He had the complete skill set with the production to match. He was expected to be great and was. I don't know what evidence on the field you are seeing that says "he's no Matt Forte?"

How many current NFL players have had at least 1,631 yards and 15 TDs in a season? He did it in his ONLY season.

To each their own. Karlos did more with less opportunity and a lesser line than Zeke did..is what i meant. Hell, Freddie Jackson could've put up those numbers with Dallas Oline

Are you trolling now? You can't be serious with that. Edited by Kirby Jackson

To each their own. Karlos did more with less opportunity and a lesser line than Zeke did..is what i meant. Hell, Freddie Jackson could've put up those numbers with Dallas Oline

Not to each their own. By any objective measure, Zeke is by far the more talented player in every way.

You named a bunch of guys who've never had a single year as good as his only year. I'm a Zeke fan (OSU) but this has nothing to do with being a homer. His first year was incredible. He was destined for that though. He was the best RB prospect since Peterson. This wasn't some guy that came out of nowhere and produced a good year. He was the best player entering the draft and produced one of the great rookie seasons of all-time. I don't know what games you are watching but he had 300 more rushing yards than anybody else (in 15 games)!! You put him behind Mark Ingram and Doug Martin?!?!? If Zeke has a down year we are probably talking 1,400 yards and 10 TDs. That 1,400 yards would have been the best in the league. I don't think that you realize the prospect that he was coming in. He wasn't a solid player, he was a dominant superstar. He had the complete skill set with the production to match. He was expected to be great and was. I don't know what evidence on the field you are seeing that says "he's no Matt Forte?"

How many current NFL players have had at least 1,631 yards and 15 TDs in a season? He did it in his ONLY season.

Are you rolling now? You can't be serious with that.

If you are gonna quote me, start by getting it right! I NEVER SAID"he's no Matt Forte"! What I mean is.. Ir was ONE year! Best line. Fortuitous. Lets see it again. He hasnt shown sustainable success. For that reason alone he's not top 4!

And for the record, I watched most of his college carreer. He's awesome, no doubt. But until I see it again, he gets a top 10 nod from me, not top 4. But I digress to the professionals

Not to each their own. By any objective measure, Zeke is by far the more talented player in every way.

agreed. But do you honestly feel that Karlos couldn't have had numbers very close behind dallas' line? Is Zeke better than Carlos Hyde? Maybe..im not ready to say top 4 in the nfl just yet

If you are gonna quote me, start by getting it right! I NEVER SAID"he's no Matt Forte"! What I mean is.. Ir was ONE year! Best line. Fortuitous. Lets see it again. He hasnt shown sustainable success. For that reason alone he's not top 4!

And for the record, I watched most of his college carreer. He's awesome, no doubt. But until I see it again, he gets a top 10 nod from me, not top 4. But I digress to the professionals

agreed. But do you honestly feel that Karlos couldn't have had numbers very close behind dallas' line? Is Zeke better than Carlos Hyde? Maybe..im not ready to say top 4 in the nfl just yet

I do not. Karlos was a nice change of pace back, but wasn't nearly instinctive or decisive enough and lacked the feet and vision of Zeke.

When wasn't he successful though? It's pretty contradictory too that you included Fournette who has as many carries as you and I. Obviously you don't like Zeke but any objective measure would have him in the top 4 backs. The players just voted him the #7 overall NFL player and top overall back.

Karlos was a nice change of pace back but couldn't have carried Zeke's cleats. Karlos was a 5th round pick that played pretty well. Zeke was arguably the top rated player in the draft. They aren't similar and have never been.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

When wasn't he successful though? It's pretty contradictory too that you included Fournette who has as many carries as you and I. Obviously you don't like Zeke but any objective measure would have him in the top 4 backs. The players just voted him the #7 overall NFL player and top overall back.

Karlos was a nice change of pace back but couldn't have carried Zeke's cleats. Karlos was a 5th round pick that played pretty well. Zeke was arguably the top rated player in the draft. They aren't similar and have never been.

The reason I included Fournette is because of the hype. I understand your take, Zeke IS awesome. But not top 4 IMO. Not yet.I truely see him as a flash in the pan, behind that line. Do you suppose he's really top 4? On any team besides Dallas? I jyst aint seen it yet. Status comes with time. He hasn't accrued enough for me, personally

The reason I included Fournette is because of the hype. I understand your take, Zeke IS awesome. But not top 4 IMO. Not yet.I truely see him as a flash in the pan, behind that line. Do you suppose he's really top 4? On any team besides Dallas? I jyst aint seen it yet. Status comes with time. He hasn't accrued enough for me, personally

I guess what I keep going back to "when did he struggle?" He had 3,700 yards and 41 TDs in his last 2 seasons at OSU (in 28 games). He was a much more consistent performer than Fournette in college. When they won the title he had 220, 230 and 246 in the last 3 games to go with 8 TDs. He ran all over Wisconsin, Alabama and Oregon. I'm not sure where you are seeing a "flash in the pan?"

Adam Schefter

14 mins ·

Facebook Mentions ·

Here's what Ezekiel Elliott's father told @MerrillLiz last year for ESPN The Magazine:

"My biggest worry is ... I don't believe my son knows how to navigate in life being a superstar," Stacy says. "He's like a little boy who wants to play football and have fun and enjoy people. We've always said this about Ezekiel, ever since he came into the world. He's just happy to be alive. He's a happy guy. But this world is not."

I guess the fact that hes happy guy gives him a pass. Good luck with that superstar thing Zeke. Bankruptcy court has you penciled in for two years after your retirement. Enjoy!

I guess what I keep going back to "when did he struggle?" He had 3,700 yards and 41 TDs in his last 2 seasons at OSU (in 28 games). He was a much more consistent performer than Fournette in college. When they won the title he had 220, 230 and 246 in the last 3 games to go with 8 TDs. He ran all over Wisconsin, Alabama and Oregon. I'm not sure where you are seeing a "flash in the pan?"

Dude...!@#$ college.you agree?

Dude...!@#$ college.you agree?

Im not the one that said "flash in the pan" though. If anything his production has been EXTREMELY consistent. There have never been any signs of him being good and then bad. You predicted a sophomore slump. I'm just trying to figure out what is driving that thought? We've never seen him struggle at any level. What's making you think that it's about to happen?

FWIW, the Alabama defense is full of NFL players. Guys don't run all over them. Check what Fournette did against them as opposed to Zeke. Zeke had 20 carries for 230 yards and 2 TDs. Fournette had 17 carries for 35 yards last year, 19 carries for 31 yards and a TD in 2015, and 21 carries for 79 yards in 2014.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Im not the one that said "flash in the pan" though. If anything his production has been EXTREMELY consistent. There have never been any signs of him being good and then bad. You predicted a sophomore slump. I'm just trying to figure out what is driving that thought? We've never seen him struggle at any level. What's making you think that it's about to happen?

FWIW, the Alabama defense is full of NFL players. Guys don't run all over them. Check what Fournette did against them as opposed to Zeke. Zeke had 20 carries for 230 yards and 2 TDs. Fournette had 17 carries for 35 yards last year, 19 carries for 31 yards and a TD in 2015, and 21 carries for 79 yards in 2014.

There is also no reason to believe that any back would struggle running behind that line.