Zeke Just Can't Stay Out of Trouble

H2o

haha except that he's the best RB in the league and is 21 years old and playing for peanuts compared to some other RB's including our own. by dumb i think you mean best player in the draft, period

No RB is worth a top 10 draft pick, period. When their offensive line breaks down in a couple years it will become obvious. 4th overall picks are for the best elite defenseman you can get, not RBs.

Edited by HappyDays

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

haha except that he's the best RB in the league and is 21 years old and playing for peanuts compared to some other RB's including our own. by dumb i think you mean best player in the draft, period

He's a very good RB but the oline is the stars of the team. EE averaged 5.1 ypc last year while Darren McFadden averaged 4.6 while rushing for 1,000 yards. Obviously, EE is the better player but it is a great situation for a RB.

And he seems very dumb.

I'd suspend him every time he flashes his abs on TV. Just makes me jealous.

He kinda has the fat guy abs. He looks like a slightly thinner Prince Fielder.

giphy.gif

I mean the discussion is only 4 guys. Zeke, David Johnson, Le'Veon Bell and Shady

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/4gi2e3/every_rb_drafted_in_the_first_round_since_2000/

That's a rough list. RBs don't help you win a Super Bowl unless you have the defense to match, and chances are if you're drafting high in the 1st your defense isn't good enough to make up for it. I would only consider a RB in the 1st if that was the final piece missing on my Super Bowl caliber team and I was picking in the 20s. More injury risk too.

That's very much the look I'm going for :lol:

:) but they aren't TO level.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/4gi2e3/every_rb_drafted_in_the_first_round_since_2000/

That's a rough list. RBs don't help you win a Super Bowl unless you have the defense to match, and chances are if you're drafting high in the 1st your defense isn't good enough to make up for it. I would only consider a RB in the 1st if that was the final piece missing on my Super Bowl caliber team and I was picking in the 20s. More injury risk too.

Rbs certainly has been a devalued position but how many other positions drafted in the 1st win you SBs? QBs, pass rusher, & maybe cb.

But a lot of rbs would be monsters in Dallas. EE has a great all around game though.

:) but they aren't TO level.

Rbs certainly has been a devalued position but how many other positions drafted in the 1st win you SBs? QBs, pass rusher, & maybe cb.

But a lot of rbs would be monsters in Dallas. EE has a great all around game though.

True but just looking through that list only Chris Johnson stands out as a good pick since 2008. AP is really the only great pick of the last decade. There is just not very good recent history in drafting 1st round RBs.

...and Zeke was the best RB prospect since Peterson. This was a case of the player, not the position. He was a sure fire superstar and was going to be elite immediately. This wasn't reaching for a good player like a Melvin Gordon. This was taking a guy that was going to be a Pro Bowler on any team as a rookie. There weren't any question's about Zeke on the field. He graded as the best blocking back ever, a good pass catcher, power, speed, balance and a dominant player in the biggest games. Zeke was the best player in the draft going in and after 1 year he still probably holds that distinction. I'm not sure how that translates to the worst pick in the draft? Edited by Kirby Jackson

i'd say shady is the best rb in the league. Bell can't stay on the field but if he does he's it. zeke may not be able to as well but also just 1 year in. johnson has to do it a couple more years. freeman is up there and murray for me.

I'd go with shady on the sheer fact he is the epitome of consistency. He has the most rushing yards since 2009 when he entered the league. With all of the changes he has experienced when it comes to head coaches and OCs. He has that rare ability to make people miss in a phone booth.

...and Zeke was the best RB prospect since Peterson. This was a case of the player, not the position. He was a sure fire superstar and was going to be elite immediately. This wasn't reaching for a good player like a Melvin Gordon. This was taking a guy that was going to be a Pro Bowler on any team as a rookie. There weren't any question's about Zeke on the field. He graded as the best blocking back ever, is a good pass catcher, power, speed, balance and was a dominant player in the biggest games. Zeke was the best player in the draft going in and after 1 year he still probably holds that distinction. I'm not sure how that translates to the worst pick in the draft?

Good post. If not for injury, I'd put Gurley up there for best RB prospect since Peterson. Hopefully, the crappy Rams don't ruin his career (and my keeper fantasy teams!).

I also think Dalvin Cook, if he keeps his head on straight, is a really good all around prospect.

Is this why there was a debate last season about taking Karlos over Zeke

In hindsight, Zeke should have found a better mentor than Karlos.

I'm not 100% serious but could there be something to the position of RB that makes them do stupid things? I would guess they are up there for the position that gets in the most trouble off the field. I'm starting to think running head first into giant men 300 times a year isn't that great for you.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

I'd go with shady on the sheer fact he is the epitome of consistency. He has the most rushing yards since 2009 when he entered the league. With all of the changes he has experienced when it comes to head coaches and OCs. He has that rare ability to make people miss in a phone booth.

yup. shady has been consistent and doesn't miss games. what is the list of yards since 2009?

I think he looks more like an Ewok

Last week I was racist for only fancying New England's white players and today when I compliment Zeke's abs I am accused of fancying a fat ewok.....

I mean no self disrespecting metrosexual man can win can they? :P

Edited by GunnerBill