Q about getting to airport after game at New Era...

eball

I think that is a horrible route. Trust me mine is much quicker.

I'm sure there's more than one way to do it and everyone has their preferred parking lot to go to, etc. I generally prefer the ECC lot to the stadium lots because I've gotten stuck in stadium lots many times and I'm sure that's because I don't know the best places to park in each of those lots due to lack of experience. I'll wager that if we polled all of the major lots you'd be able to get a good way out and to the airport from each of them.

What I know for certain is there was nothing better than the spot I was able to use when I had my season's back in the early 90's. If you remember the old bus/limo lot that no longer exists there was a tiny bit of parking in there. Needed to show a pass to the Cop directing traffic at that pedestrian crossing. We were out of there before most people even got to their cars.

^^^^ Thats a decent walk from the stadium to back lot of ECC...and I would think a good bit of time is based where your seats are located.

But ECC lot is where we park when there is a pressing need to get out of the lot.

^^^^ Thats a decent walk from the stadium to back lot of ECC...and I would think a good bit of time is based where your seats are located.

But ECC lot is where we park when there is a pressing need to get out of the lot.

That's true, it's a good 10 minute walk. I always park on the far side of the campus as well. But as you said, those 10 minutes translate into getting straight out of the lot every time.

Security at Buffalo Int. Airport is always very quick and smooth. There is hardly ever a line. Don't see why that time would be an issue.

When I flew to Buffalo last year for a game, Buffalo airport was by far the easiest to deal with out of the 3 airports I had to go through, it was quite nice, granted it was Monday, but TSA was great there

They're supposed to have an Uber station at the stadium too, right?

I live about 3 miles from the new Atlanta Braves stadium. Uber to a game is great. Uber FROM a game is a nightmare unless you can find a spot that's away from the crowd and easy to get picked up. I'm not sure how well that will go at the Ralph. Good luck and have a blast!

This. I've made that flight several times. I parked out at the far lot of ECC and walked quickly after the game. Not running, just walking with a purpose. Unless the game goes to OT you'll be fine. Of course if it's a blow out you should just leave early to be safe.

In terms of route, I turned left out of ECC onto Southwestern, right onto Brompton, right onto McKinley, right into the first McKinley Mall entrance, cut through the parking lot up to the light, turn left and use the light to cross over McKinley into the other parking lot on the other side, turn right and cut through the parking lot all the way around to the Home Depot. Use the light at Home Depot to turn left onto Milestrip, right onto the Thruway and the hard work is finished. Get out in the left lane and put your foot down.

I'm not normally a guy who advocates cutting through parking lots but getting to the airport is a special circumstance.

Lol... Brilliant!

I heard the Donner Party is looking for a shortcut to California. What could possibly go wrong!

;-)

This. I've made that flight several times. I parked out at the far lot of ECC and walked quickly after the game. Not running, just walking with a purpose. Unless the game goes to OT you'll be fine. Of course if it's a blow out you should just leave early to be safe.

In terms of route, I turned left out of ECC onto Southwestern, right onto Brompton, right onto McKinley, right into the first McKinley Mall entrance, cut through the parking lot up to the light, turn left and use the light to cross over McKinley into the other parking lot on the other side, turn right and cut through the parking lot all the way around to the Home Depot. Use the light at Home Depot to turn left onto Milestrip, right onto the Thruway and the hard work is finished. Get out in the left lane and put your foot down.

I'm not normally a guy who advocates cutting through parking lots but getting to the airport is a special circumstance.

You won't find this on Goggle Maps folks!

:lol: No, but it's brilliant! There ya go, eball!

Found it completely by accident one time. I was driving down McKinley on a Saturday before the game when I noticed that all the parking lots on that side of McKinley are connected together in some fashion all the way around to the lots on Milestrip. Don't you all go ruining it for me now. Save the Batcave for special occasions only. Of course you can also just go through the mall parking lot over to Milestrip and use the light there to get you out but it's still on the wrong side of the McKinley intersection.

When I flew to Buffalo last year for a game, Buffalo airport was by far the easiest to deal with out of the 3 airports I had to go through, it was quite nice, granted it was Monday, but TSA was great there

Yes, TSA in B-Lo has been good on Sunday nights as well. I think they staff it appropriately on home game Sundays realizing that there are more people coming through than on a typical Sunday night. If you have the TSA pre-check it's even better.

Edited by That's No Moon

Moon, been using a variation of that coming and going to the games since the 80's!!!!

Last 8 years or so, we tend to stay a lot later and hit no traffic anyway, but when my brother was alive and we needed to get home so his wifey no kick his arse, we used that route a ton..nobody has caught on yet!!!

How much does ECC charge to park?

It is not impossible. Park in lot 5. Get to your car as fast as you can right after the game. Once you get past California your in the clear. You could take transit road all the way to the airport. I live in south Lancaster & it only takes me about 25 minutes to get home after a game. I mean he is going to have to hustle but it is definitely doable.

It's possible but tight. From a lifelong southtowner: park off of California road (not at wings), hustle to the car after the game, turn right into southwestern and take it to rt 277 (orchard park road, then union) and take that straight to genesee street in Cheektowaga and from there to the airport. Visiting team busses have used that route to avoid thruway traffic.

Good call. Careful on the Brompton turn, though. I've been stuck there trying to make the right for several minutes when I've used that escape.

It's possible but tight. From a lifelong southtowner: park off of California road (not at wings), hustle to the car after the game, turn right into southwestern and take it to rt 277 (orchard park road, then union) and take that straight to genesee street in Cheektowaga and from there to the airport. Visiting team busses have used that route to avoid thruway traffic.

Good call. Careful on the Brompton turn, though. I've been stuck there trying to make the right for several minutes when I've used that escape.

Got pulled over on brompton on a non-gameday speeding. So... be careful, theres a decent trap spot near some bushes.

It is not impossible. Park in lot 5. Get to your car as fast as you can right after the game. Once you get past California your in the clear. You could take transit road all the way to the airport. I live in south Lancaster & it only takes me about 25 minutes to get home after a game. I mean he is going to have to hustle but it is definitely doable.

In order to drop off a car , and clear security if you have no bags latest you can get to the airport is 5:15. If you have a checked bag you are looking at 4:45 latest to make sure you get through. all it takes is one delay en route or at the airport and you are screwed.