NBA 2017-18

21 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

See the game last night? Multiple times he didn’t get a call on the offensive end and stood there or walked towards half court. Never made it on the defensive side of the court. 

I said before the game it would be interesting to see if Cleveland could rebound from such a loss in game one and predicted they wouldn’t be able to. Within the first few minutes the answer was clear. Granted, there’s a reason the Cavs are the biggest finals underdog in 30 years, but it’s one thing to get whipped physically, quite another to lose mentally like they did last night. Game three will be an even bigger mental challenge, too.

Detroit is a disaster of a franchise 

They were in financial peril before cynically brining in Blake in a long shot attempt to get 8th place while capsizing the next five years.

Edited by row_33

26 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Stephen A. saying that LeBron will talk to the Celtics during FA. No thanks. If they bring in LeBozo I will move south and hunt Lion Fish for the rest of my existence.

What?!

bill Simmons said this but I thought he was just being bill Simmons 

46 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

What?!

bill Simmons said this but I thought he was just being bill Simmons 

Bill has mentioned about 15 teams so far

as a fan of the game I wish i wasn't jaded and beyond really caring what LeBron chooses to do...

I can’t see him going back to play with Irving so I just can’t imagine it’d be Boston.

Golden State would be an affront to Basketball fans everywhere.

At least if he goes to Philly it’s a young team that hasn’t proven a whole lot yet. I wouldn’t mind seeing Lebron there if he must leave Cleveland. 

18 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

I can’t see him going back to play with Irving so I just can’t imagine it’d be Boston.

At least if he goes to Philly it’s a young team that hasn’t proven a whole lot yet. I wouldn’t mind seeing Lebron there if he must leave Cleveland. 

I think he actually wants to play with Kyrie. He told Rachel Nichols he did not want him traded. I have a hard time seeing him in a Celtics uni though. He’s always seemed to hate the team and Boston fans.

I really don't want him here in Philly, i believe he would upset the youth movement going on here.  Lebron, imho, is not a team builder, he is like the boss that doesn't trust his subordinates to do the task at hand and does the tasks for them.  This doesn't mean i don't consider him among the top 5 greatest NBA players of all time.  Sadly it does seem Philly might be his landing spot, major speculation that his son will be enrolled at Malvern Prep, less than a few hundred yards from my house.  I want to see the Sixers get rid of colangelo, bring back hinkie :D, and let the process continue.  I think this young team has promise and doesn't need an  'intrusion' like lebron, despite his immense skills as a ball player

23 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

12 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

I really don't want him here in Philly, i believe he would upset the youth movement going on here.  Lebron, imho, is not a team builder, he is like the boss that doesn't trust his subordinates to do the task at hand and does the tasks for them.  This doesn't mean i don't consider him among the top 5 greatest NBA players of all time.  Sadly it does seem Philly might be his landing spot, major speculation that his son will be enrolled at Malvern Prep, less than a few hundred yards from my house.  I want to see the Sixers get rid of colangelo, bring back hinkie :D, and let the process continue.  I think this young team has promise and doesn't need an  'intrusion' like lebron, despite his immense skills as a ball player

No way for me to say this without sounding like a Celtic homer but I think the 6ers have more hype than talent. What if Simmons doesn’t drastically improve his shot? Fultz couldn’t get any PT? Embiid is a force but how long is he going to stay healthy? Not that coaching matters a ton in the NBA but that coach lost his mind in the playoffs. I want them to get LeBron so they can clash with the Celtics. 

I also think Lebron likes Simmons and could push him to be great. 

You could be 100% correct, planets aligned this year for the young sixers team, there were zero expectations and they finished higher than anyone expected.  Embid could be very limited with his past knee issues, who knows what is gonna happen with fultz.  I like Brown as the coach but you are spot on, he was as much responsible for some of those playoff losses, hopefully he learns from that as I imagine, regular season and playoffs are completely different animals when it comes to actually executing.  And I don't want to sound anti lebron....I absolutely love watching him play, Jordan is still GOAT in my mind, but Lebron is breathing down his neck.  I just have something 'stuck in my craw' about him being a team wrecker as opposed to a team builder

2 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

No way for me to say this without sounding like a Celtic homer but I think the 6ers have more hype than talent. What if Simmons doesn’t drastically improve his shot? Fultz couldn’t get any PT? Embiid is a force but how long is he going to stay healthy? Not that coaching matters a ton in the NBA but that coach lost his mind in the playoffs. I want them to get LeBron so they can clash with the Celtics. 

18 minutes ago, section122 said:

Y'all are crazy.  I'd take LeBron in a heartbeat! 

the regular season isn't fun anymore unless you have a bubble playoff team that is going to try most nights

Just now, row_33 said:

the regular season isn't fun anymore unless you have a bubble playoff team that is going to try most nights

I don't disagree however there are still many match ups where both teams get up for the game.  

Can you really fault the teams though?  Why do the Warriors need to try every night?  They know they will be playing in June and need to be rested and ready to do so.  

14 minutes ago, section122 said:

I don't disagree however there are still many match ups where both teams get up for the game.  

Can you really fault the teams though?  Why do the Warriors need to try every night?  They know they will be playing in June and need to be rested and ready to do so.  

i've paid $100s to watch them not even bother to move during layup line

one night Spree and Ewing deliberately picked up 2 quicks fouls in the first minutes, then they sat and laughed on the bench the rest of the half

i don't fully blame them, it would be nice if they could tweet out their level of effort for the upcoming game

LeBron is tired and will only be trying if his team has a chance to win in the second half...

They try on Christmas Day because they'll be fined $50,000,000 for jaking during the telecasts... :D

or... The Raptors plan to run out full tonight to massacre an injured Brooklyn playing their 4th road game in 5 nights.  The kids will scream and Lowry will taunt and walk tall all game.  Then they will totally quit in the playoffs for the 6th straight year.  Enjoy folks!!!

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think he actually wants to play with Kyrie. He told Rachel Nichols he did not want him traded. I have a hard time seeing him in a Celtics uni though. He’s always seemed to hate the team and Boston fans.

Ainge: So Kyrie, I know you demanded a trade last year because you were sick of Lebron.  How do you feel about playing with him this year if I bring him on?

Kyrie: No way man, I don't want to play with Lebron

Ainge: Okay okay, I completely understand.  You're now a Phoenix Sun.  Good luck this year.

1 hour ago, Commonsense said:

The biggest problem with the 6ers, IMO, is they got EXPOSED by the Celts.  They have a bunch of young guys that played to their experience level.  The Celts went out there with an equally young team and looked like experienced vets.  The Celts could be in the Finals next year, but the 6ers still have a couple of years to grow, IMO.  If they get Lebron, then I take them over the Celtics every single time, but they should be in the market for an experienced superstar regardless.  Kawhi or PG, maybe.  I haven't given up on Fultz, and Embiid/Simmons can still grow and develop their games, but, IMO, the Celtics young core of Tatum, Brown and Rozer are already better.

I hate the Celtics, FWIW.

Edited by BringBackOrton
  • Haha (+1) 1