Article on the Florida Marlins/new stadium/new owner

Let's hope that the Bills don't do anything as stupid as this:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/04/sports/baseball/miami-marlins-sale.html

NFL stadiums require a ton of parking... If the bills move downtown it would be a nightmare for infrastructure purposes.

If I had to guess I'd say - maybe Conway park for the stadium location. Or rip out the perry projects? Or both? You'd be able to use much of the existing parking from the hockey stadium, and could build a couple large lots to maybe maintain some of the tailgating tradition.

Was told over the weekend by someone in construction and in the know that his contact in facilities (mgmt level) with the Bills said the stadium topic right now is non-existent and they are happy with where they are with these latest/ongoing improvements.

Sounds to me like the Pegulas a) don't care about the Jones and Kraft's of the world pressuring them into something they don't need and is not going to change the market here and b) this current lease is likely to be extended.

Shoot the messenger if you will, I have 100% certainty the info is spot on.

Edited by zonabb

Was told over the weekend by someone in construction and in the know that his contact in facilities (mgmt level) with the Bills said the stadium topic right now is non-existent and they are happy with where they are with these latest/ongoing improvements.

Sounds to me like the Pegulas a) don't care about the Jones and Kraft's of the world pressuring them into something they don't need and is not going to change the market here and b) this current lease is likely to be extended.

Good. Best news I heard all day! There's no need for a new stadium. Keep working on the concourses and there are no better sightlines in the league. Yes, I've been to almost every NFL stadium.

I will say this - the wifi at the stadium was absolutely incredible. I was shocked how fast it was. I could watch highlights from other games and check scores with no speed issues.

Good. Best news I heard all day! There's no need for a new stadium. Keep working on the concourses and there are no better sightlines in the league. Yes, I've been to almost every NFL stadium.

They could certainly expand the perimeter even more and add other food and drink options, maybe a sports bar.

I've been there. It is a nice stadium. I really enjoyed the game and it was a good atmosphere if less crowded than I'd like to see. Some towns just don't support their teams, Miami is much bigger than Milwaukee but a Brewers game is a blast, well attended and with a very good environment for a baseball fan even if my Cardinals dominate them on the regular. I do agree that Marlins Park is surrounded by parking lots and right in a neighborhood. I might have missed it but did not see a nearby area with restaurants, ,etc.

I also agree that the deal sounds like BS and that many of the owners of professional sports teams are extorting their towns, I think the NFL guys are the worst among them. Fat drunk Kraft, Jones, Snyder and McNair are my least favorite among them because they seem to be the drivers trying to coerce other owners into extorting their towns. Eff them.