John Roberts' commencement speech to his son's 9th grade

Joe, Obama had a mandate for a health plan, he put one together. The GOP has some form of fundamental respect for the role of the President, even when it's the other party. The Dems have none whatsoever if it's the other party. Huge difference there.

Disagreements over policy and how to live one's life are always going to happen. Many helpful people have been on the opposite side of issues most vital to me. The automatic hatred of someone for colour of skin or political view is stupid and evil. Look at the waste that liberals are piling up in blind hatred of "the other" in this day and age, don't be like them. Sometimes it is hard.

Joe, Obama had a mandate for a health plan, he put one together. The GOP has some form of fundamental respect for the role of the President, even when it's the other party. The Dems have none whatsoever if it's the other party. Huge difference there.

So you agree with Roberts, in that it's ok to ignore both the intent and the language of a bill that's passed, in order to replace it from the bench with something different that they feel will work instead?

Disagreements over policy and how to live one's life are always going to happen. Many helpful people have been on the opposite side of issues most vital to me. The automatic hatred of someone for colour of skin or political view is stupid and evil. Look at the waste that liberals are piling up in blind hatred of "the other" in this day and age, don't be like them. Sometimes it is hard.

Hard to be kind to people who are hateful, to be sure.

Hard to have pity for people who are wrong quite literally ALL the time.

But I suppose this is a good philosophy.