Duane Starks to the Pats?

Other pro football sources said the deal, the parameters of which were first reported earlier Wednesday by the Web site profootballtalk.com, is so close it could be announced early Thursday.
Peter King giving Mike Florio his due props, I love it! <_<

Starks to NE

259695[/snapback]

UGGG, I guess you cant keep the best from trying to get better.

Peter Brady needs a big fat FU for not asking for what he deserves as far as pay which will choke hold the Patsy's from doing this kind of crap.

Peter has NO confidence, its the only thing that could explain not requesting to be paid like a top 5 QB. He must know that Peter Brady without the Pats equals Jeff Garcia.

Ohh well, we still will make our moves. They best be good, our road to the SB goes through NE not around them!

i'm glad NE is spending money on Starks. He's not physical, he's prone to injury, and it doesn't matter who's in the NE secondary anyway. Better to let them spend money on a guy who might break in half than put an inexpensive unknown back there who'lll find a way to shut down any QB.

Coming from you, the human reverse barometer, this makes me very optimistic.

259767[/snapback]

yea, no schitt. Way to piss off the football gods, a$shole. Haven't you learned ANYTHING about the Pats yet?

Cardinals | Agree to Trade Starks - from www.KFFL.com

Wed, 2 Mar 2005 18:34:04 -0800

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the Arizona Cardinals are close to completing a deal to trade CB Duane Starks, for a third-round draft choice in 2005, to the New England Patriots.

Suck on it.  The dynasty is DEAD.  The Pats have lost key players and coaches.  And if that wasn't enough, the SuperBowl lost ratings from the previous year.  That can't sit too well with the big boys. <_<

259775[/snapback]

how much are you willing to put on this belief?

Starks is a very good corner. He was injured 2 years ago, but he was solid with the Ravens when they won the SB. He is still solid. He isn't much in the run support, tackling or corner blitz, but he is an outstanding #2 corner.

Suck on it.  The dynasty is DEAD.  The Pats have lost key players and coaches.  And if that wasn't enough, the SuperBowl lost ratings from the previous year.  That can't sit too well with the big boys. <_<

I you hadn't already said this countless times leading up to the Patriots' third Super Bowl win in four years, you might have a tad more credibility.

As it stands now, though, you just come off as bitter, hostile, and resentful. Might want to do something about that.

I you hadn't already said this countless times leading up to the Patriots' third Super Bowl win in four years, you might have a tad more credibility.

As it stands now, though, you just come off as bitter, hostile, and resentful.  Might want to do something about that.

That was me up until this past post-season, when the Pats finally proved they could win without the refs (even though the ending of the SB looked like a fix to me). But what I'm "doing about that" is watching your coaches and key players leave, and enjoying it.

That was me up until this past post-season, when the Pats finally proved they could win without the refs (even though the ending of the SB looked like a fix to me).

<_<

You're like a caricature! Tell me, where do you keep your tin-foil hat?

But what I'm "doing about that" is watching your coaches and key players leave, and enjoying it.

Wake me when a "key player" leaves. So far we're returning 22 of 22 Super Bowl starters. Don't let facts get in the way of you delusions, though.

<_<

You're like a caricature!  Tell me, where do you keep your tin-foil hat?

Wake me when a key player leaves.  So far we're returning 22 of 22 Super Bowl starters.  Don't let facts get in the way of you delusions, though.

259868[/snapback]

Um, Andruzzi is gone.

And Bruschi is probably retiring.

<_<

You're like a caricature!  Tell me, where do you keep your tin-foil hat?

If it walks like a duck...

Wake me when a "key player" leaves.  So far we're returning 22 of 22 Super Bowl starters.  Don't let facts get in the way of you delusions, though.

Andruzzi is gone. Brown is gone. Patten is probably gone. Bruschi's career is probably over. And Weis and Crennel are gone. But keep telling yourself "All is well!" <_<

Um, Andruzzi is gone.

Oops, brain fart. For what's his worth, his replacement (Hochstein) is also a Super Bowl starter, albiet from the year before.

And Bruschi is probably retiring.

"Probably" is hardly the word I would choose. I doubt Bruschi even knows about his future at this point. And the fact remains that he's still under contract, so he's not "gone" yet.

Bottom line, the Pats aren't losing "key players," they're losing old guys on the downside (Brown, Phifer), a mediocre starter (Andruzzi), and a guys who missed the majority of '04 (Law). The core of the team is still very much intact, and the Pats have the cap room to add to it.

Oops, brain fart.  For what's his worth, his replacement (Hochstein) is also a Super Bowl starter, albiet from the year before.

"Probably" is hardly the word I would choose.  I doubt Bruschi even knows about his future at this point.  And the fact remains that he's still under contract, so he's not "gone" yet.

Bottom line, the Pats aren't losing "key players," they're losing old guys on the downside (Brown, Phifer), a mediocre starter (Andruzzi), and a guys who missed the majority of '04 (Law).  The core of the team is still very much intact, and the Pats have the cap room to add to it.

259877[/snapback]

Oh I agree they are team to beat next year.

But Andruzzi is a little more than mediocre.

Law is still one of the top 5 corners if he comes back healthy.

Phifer and Brown are no big losses.