Who has watched Payton Manning's Summer School/NFL Network?

drew bledsoe was supposed to be a very dedicated player to the game, as well as fitzpatrick.

i don't know if it is that manning is that dedicated to the game or it is a schtick.

did you ever watch him play? He was a coach on the field. He is probably the smartest football player (in terms of football smarts) to ever play the game. You don't get that way without being more dedicated then anyone else

drew bledsoe was supposed to be a very dedicated player to the game, as well as fitzpatrick.

i don't know if it is that manning is that dedicated to the game or it is a schtick.

I'm pretty sure he's legit. I went to the Panthers luncheon one year for the PSL owners. Basically you had lunch with one of the players and their names were drawn to a table assignment. We ate with a 4 year pro from Georgia that was drafted by Indy. He said "go ahead, ask me what you'd like to know about Manning". His stories were pretty eye opening into the freakish dedication he had.

I'm pretty sure he's legit. I went to the Panthers luncheon one year for the PSL owners. Basically you had lunch with one of the players and their names were drawn to a table assignment. We ate with a 4 year pro from Georgia that was drafted by Indy. He said "go ahead, ask me what you'd like to know about Manning". His stories were pretty eye opening into the freakish dedication he had.

i've heard some of the stories - a friend of mine was the backup center to jeff saturday for many seasons, needless to say that he never played.

the whole idea that he worked hard and played harder may be true though.

did you ever watch him play? He was a coach on the field. He is probably the smartest football player (in terms of football smarts) to ever play the game. You don't get that way without being more dedicated then anyone else

i have. he may be the best mind to ever play the game. but he also comes off as very garth brooks or justin timberlake in that he sells ya so damn much on how great he is

...I've been PRIVILEGED to have seen many NFL QB greats over my last 55 years following the NFL....to question this kid's dedication, work ethic, perseverance, guidance , and success qualifies one for proverbial "azzclown status"....top 5+ of GOAT IMO.....

He's totally legit. Even during his veteran years, he still studied and worked like he was a rookie trying to make the squad.

They might as well start making his bust for the HOF now for he's a shoe-in first time eligible.

Staying with the work ethic, what a great message to every rookie at the start of tng camp.

He's totally legit. Even during his veteran years, he still studied and worked like he was a rookie trying to make the squad.

They might as well start making his bust for the HOF now for he's a shoe-in first time eligible.

Staying with the work ethic, what a great message to every rookie at the start of tng camp.

...so in your view, does he rank as a top 5+ or - GOAT?..........

...so in your view, does he rank as a top 5+ or - GOAT?..........

Hey OTAG, that's all the choices I get? Either or? Just joking, its fine. FWIW, GOAT? No, I think there's a guy in NE that's got that. Now, top 5, at best I'd

put him at 4. With more SB wins that Brady, Montana, & Bradshaw have, and I may be leaving somebody out, I'd put him at 4 or 5. flame away

Hey OTAG, that's all the choices I get? Either or? Just joking, its fine. FWIW, GOAT? No, I think there's a guy in NE that's got that. Now, top 5, at best I'd

put him at 4. With more SB wins that Brady, Montana, & Bradshaw have, and I may be leaving somebody out, I'd put him at 4 or 5. flame away

...VERY fair assessment bud, VERY......hard to quantify GOATS across so many eras that differ dramatically...but Joe is certainly in the mix....went out to ND in 1976 for ND vs Pitt game...pissed Joe was on IR......think Lisch started in his place....Dorsett ran wild en route to the "W"..........

...VERY fair assessment bud, VERY......hard to quantify GOATS across so many eras that differ dramatically...but Joe is certainly in the mix....went out to ND in 1976 for ND vs Pitt game...pissed Joe was on IR......think Lisch started in his place....Dorsett ran wild en route to the "W"..........

So, whose your top 5. I will assume your 1 is your GOAT.

So, whose your top 5. I will assume your 1 is your GOAT.

....I'm not sure you can select the QB GOAT if you take into account the multitude of changes to the game over the last 50 years.....perhaps a more interesting analysis would be to rank the top three QB's by decade......should and could make for a very interesting discussion IMO...........

....I'm not sure you can select the QB GOAT if you take into account the multitude of changes to the game over the last 50 years.....perhaps a more interesting analysis would be to rank the top three QB's by decade......should and could make for a very interesting discussion IMO...........

Yes. Maybe you should start a thread. What decade would you start at?

• 1 month later...