Perp purse-jacker vs pregnant & pissed

boyst

Damn shame she is being charged.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article158773739.html

A pregnant North Carolina woman is facing a charge of assault with a deadly weapon after she ran down a man accused of stealing her purse in the parking lot of an Asheville Walmart.

TV station WLOS says it happened at 12:30 p.m. Wednesday and when Christine Braswell, 26, walked up on a man who was rummaging through her SUV. The man has been identified by multiple media outlets as Robert Raines.

His dumbass will be able to sue her over this, now. Good old terrible Asheville and their progressiveness.

A bit extreme.

Funny thing, back in the 90's I was leaving Wegmans in Irondequoit and as I got in my car a kid on a bike swooped by and grabbed a purse from a shopping cart as an old lady was putting her groceries in her trunk.

I thought hes on 2 wheels and I have 4. I tore out after him through the parking lot, across the street and into the parking lot on the other side of the road.

When he realized I was after him he dropped the purse and took off again. I grabbed the purse and returned it to the woman and as I did so a Wegmans employee who was now with the woman said, Oh I thought you stole her purse the way you drove off.

Meanwhile a friend of mine was on Ridge Road, saw it was me chasing the kid than he too started chasing the kid with his car knowing something had to be up.

The kid raced down the sidewalk and then cut back into traffic as the light turned green and got hit by a car.

Somewhere I still have the news article from the D&C of an undisclosed Good Samaritan stopping a purse snatcher.

Yea his lawsuit would get thrown out quick. Crying pregnant woman on the stand and then a purse snatching thug on the stand? No judge would hear that case Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless it gets out that she was walking back to her UNLOCKED AND TOTALLY WIDE OPEN vehicle to discover a man rummaging through her purse that she left in said wide open vehicle.

Not defending either of the two-jerkwaters, but the guy dropped everything when he was discovered. He snatched nothing.

Why invite trouble? Yes, I know he should respect her space, but why invite trouble.

Her defense

he stole my purse,

I went to chase after him in my car

I had a contraction

hit the gas

and ran over him

He left purse and ran. Took nothing from what I read.

Yea his lawsuit would get thrown out quick. Crying pregnant woman on the stand and then a purse snatching thug on the stand? No judge would hear that case Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What will he sue her for... A '99 Ford where the windows don't go up and doors lock.

She's preggo and shopping @ Wally World... Real "deep pocket" there! :-/

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

he broke the law.

he went to the hospital and i wonder who paid for it?

Which one "broke" the law? This story or Shady's story.

"Oops, I am sorry Miss, I thought this was my wife's '99 Ford... I was just grabbing 20 bucks from her purse. She said she left the door open for me."

;-)

True story: Back in Day my parents drove Plymouth Valiants. This is when nobody locked their car, no a/c, etc... Well anyway, I was like 4 or 5 leaving the store with my mother. My mother proceeds to hop right into the wide open blue Valient. She looks @ me, I have a terrifying face and says: "Come on Eric, get in, what's wrong?" All of a sudden she heard snarling and growling. In the back seat was a big azz German shepard...

LoL... Same exact blue Plymouth as ours, parked right next to ours!

;-)

I digress. Anyway, why invite trouble? Couldn't have been the ritzy side of Jerkwater, NC USA that they were visiting Walmart for? Gee... You think tempting some meth-head is a good idea? Wide open '99 Ford is like the flame attracting a moth.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Which one "broke" the law? This story or Shady's story.

"Oops, I am sorry Miss, I thought this was my wife's '99 Ford... I was just grabbing 20 bucks from her purse. She said she left the door open for me."

;-)

True story: Back in Day my parents drove Plymouth Valiants. This is when nobody locked their car, no a/c, etc... Well anyway, I was like 4 or 5 leaving the store with my mother. My mother proceeds to hop right into the wide open blue Valient. She looks @ me, I have a terrifying face and says: "Come on Eric, get in, what's wrong?" All of a sudden she heard snarling and growling. In the back seat was a big azz German shepard...

LoL... Same exact blue Plymouth as ours, parked right next to ours!

;-)

I digress. Anyway, why invite trouble? Couldn't have been the ritzy side of Jerkwater, NC USA that they were visiting Walmart for? Gee... You think tempting some meth-head is a good idea? Wide open '99 Ford is like the flame attracting a moth.

I almost sat on the lap of a lady in the driver's seat of a car near my recently. :). That freaked us BOTH out! It's all her fault....her door should have been locked to keep an idiot like me out!

I almost sat on the lap of a lady in the driver's seat of a car near my recently. :). That freaked us BOTH out! It's all her fault....her door should have been locked to keep an idiot like me out!

LoL... Understood! ;-)

I am not saying it is all her fault... But @ least call off chase realizing she got lucky being a dumbazz. He's a bigger one. But maybe not, he was just keeping it "safe"'for her! ;-)

Exiled

Stolen something or not how could she know w/o searching and letting him get away if he had taken anything.

Locked car or not he committed a crime even if it was simple trespassing.

Valid point. She is still dumb, her life wasn't in danger.

And she must be a bag of wealth. Late 20s, pregnant, and driving a 18 year old vehicle.

Let the police sort the goods out. Probably a dousy of a purse, if she wasn't worried about it?

Not saying dude is exonerated, but people are sociopaths all the way around! We are still suppose to be living in a civilized society. What happens if she clipped an innocent?

There's video!!!!!

LMAO! You go girlfriend!

Notice she's dragging a tailpipe on that sweet ride? Was she in shopping for a car seat for the bundle of joy? She will definitely be able to fix the cars she crashed into?

Can we euthanize both of them? Give the kid a fighting chance.

LoL... Understood! ;-)

I am not saying it is all her fault... But @ least call off chase realizing she got lucky being a dumbazz. He's a bigger one. But maybe not, he was just keeping it "safe"'for her! ;-)

Valid point. She is still dumb, her life wasn't in danger.

And she must be a bag of wealth. Late 20s, pregnant, and driving a 18 year old vehicle.

Let the police sort the goods out. Probably a dousy of a purse, if she wasn't worried about it?

Not saying dude is exonerated, but people are sociopaths all the way around! We are still suppose to be living in a civilized society. What happens if she clipped an innocent?

You obviously don't fully understand Appalachian culture. You mess with someone, they mess with you back. Sadly we live in a world where the government feels the need to babysit. Ps I'll drive an 18 year old vehicle if it it runs and means no car payment . I have no need to impress others. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

You obviously don't fully understand Appalachian culture. You mess with someone, they mess with you back. Sadly we live in a world where the government feels the need to babysit.

No I get it. Babysitting since 1789. She obviously wasn't. We are not a band of vigilantes. Never have been.

Let's all live by the "Appalachia Standard."

It is serving her very well.

Newflash: We never lived by the standard of eye for an eye and where we put unborn children, other innocents, and their property in harm's way.

You obviously don't fully understand Appalachian culture. You mess with someone, they mess with you back. Sadly we live in a world where the government feels the need to babysit. Ps I'll drive an 18 year old vehicle if it it runs and means no car payment . I have no need to impress others.

With a dragging tailpipe?