Ranking NFL Rosters by PFF Scores

Ranking NFL rosters from 1-32: Surprises at the top?

27. Buffalo Bills

Biggest strength: Buffalo's run game is one of the best in the league, and free-agent fullback signing Patrick DiMarco should make it even better. Quarterback Tyrod Taylor has added 1,148 rushing yards over the past two seasons, while LeSean McCoy is one of the league's most dynamic backs.

Biggest weakness: The Bills' linebacker corps is a big unknown heading into the season. Last year's second-round pick Reggie Ragland missed the entire 2016 season with a knee injury. He should be an immediate starter this season. Preston Brown played well to begin last season, but he was poor overall, missing 10 tackles and allowing 80.8 percent of passes thrown his way to be caught.

By the numbers: Quarterback Tyrod Taylor's 80.1 passer rating under pressure ranked sixth in the league last season, one spot behind Tom Brady. He ranked fifth in 2015 (87.6).

buf.png

Grades shown are based on 2016 PFF Scores. Best/Worst Starters determined by average PFF score over their career, not just 2016.

Personally I think we are better than 27th, but maybe I'm just a homer? My biggest surprises were Chicago at 18 and Tennessee at 3 behind the Falcons and Pats*.

Ranking NFL rosters from 1-32: Surprises at the top?

buf.png

Grades shown are based on 2016 PFF Scores. Best/Worst Starters determined by average PFF score over their career, not just 2016.

Personally I think we are better than 27th, but maybe I'm just a homer? My biggest surprises were Chicago at 18 and Tennessee at 3 behind the Falcons and Pats*.

I like that Titans roster quite a bit but that is high. Chicago is trash. 27 is too low but the Bills are a little less talented overall IMO. With that being said they are still middle of the league (ish). I guess that's why they are always around .500.

Yeah, that's a little weird. Shaq Lawson is going to have a pretty good year IMO and has a terrible score after playing 1/2 of his rookie year with no training.

I see a huge yr for him. Hughes not so.much

I see a huge yr for him. Hughes not so.much

If the offseason is any indication Shaq is going to be quite good. He was always a 4-3 DE to me. That's the exact type of reason to not take these types of lists too seriously. He's a 45 on there and I'll be shocked if he grades out below 70 this year. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Personally, I would not lend much credence to NFL rosters being ranked by PFF analytics. Next!

Strongly disagree! Any stats that show Tyrod is better than McCoy, Watkins, & Dareus seems 100% legit!!!

Sorry nerds. You still can't participate in football. :)

Vegas has only about 6 teams below the Bills in the over/under for the season at 6 wins.

27 may be slightly low, but not by much, IMO.

I'm all in on over 6. That doesn't mean I think that they'll be great but the way it shakes out to me is simple. They win at least 3 division games (which I think is a no brainer this year). Then they have to win 3 of the following to push: any of the other division games, at Carolina, home to Tampa, home to Denver, at Bengals, home to Raiders, home to Saints, at Chargers, at Chiefs, home to Colts. I can't imagine a situation where they take less than 3 of those. The only 2 definite losses on the schedule (to me) are at Atlanta and at New England. The Jets games are definite wins IMO. That leaves 12 games up for grabs and you need to be 4-8 to push. Edited by Kirby Jackson

I'm all in on over 6. That doesn't mean I honk that they'll be great but the way it shakes out to me is simple. They win at least 3 division games (which I think is a no brainer this year). Then they have to win 3 of the following to push: any of the other division games, at Carolina, home to Tampa, home to Denver, at Bengals, home to Bucs, home to Raiders, home to Saints, at Chargers, at Chiefs, home to Colts. I can't imagine a situation where they take less than 3 of those. The only 2 definite losses on the schedule (to me) are at Atlanta and at New England. The Jets games are definite wins IMO. That leaves 12 games up for grabs and you need to be 4-8 to push.

You've got Tampa and Bucs listed, but otherwise I agree.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

Strongly disagree! Any stats that show Tyrod is better than McCoy, Watkins, & Dareus seems 100% legit!!!

Sorry nerds. You still can't participate in football. :)

Ha ha.

It wasn't my intention, but the grades are based off of last year. I won't pretend to understand McCoy's grade, but Watkins and Dareus both only played in 8 games.