Have you ever witnessed a major crime in person?

I have been personally attacked by gay pedophiles while hitch hiking a couple of different times. I was in the car alone when attacked, I had to fist fight with the guy in the car until they pulled over and I jumped out. Many times creeps would expose themselves. The scariest was a time I was in the back seat of a two door vehicle, the two men in the front started looking at each other in a funny way, the hair on my neck stood up and I sensed imminent danger, I blurted out this was my street and that was my house, let me out here, thank god they let me out without a problem. I was scared because I was trapped in the back seat and two large men in the front, I was just a kid at the time.

I counter balance the bad incidents with the many many more positive times I had a lot of fun hitch hiking, drinking wine and beer, smoking weed, woman would invite me to their houses and party, lots of fun times.

Back in the day... My father tells the story (before he quit boozing)... He hitched a ride. Some guy in a nice Cadillac gave him a lift bar hopping. The dude makes a pass. All my father says to the gay guy: "You better get your hand off my knee or we will both find out what it is like to crack up this nice Caddy!" The guy took his hand away and dropped my father off at the next bar he was hopping to! LoL... It took a lot more than a gay guy making a pass @ him to finally sober him up. Namely, my mother becoming terminally ill with ovarian cancer. :-(

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that I recall offhand, but I did witness a full on FBI take down of a perp in a McDonalds parking lot. Several guys with weapons drawn rushing a parked car as I was pulling away of the drivethru window. That was kinda cool.

Then there was the whole airplanes flying into buildings thing, but I think that's another thread.

In Niagara Falls driving a work truck for my dad with my little bro in the passenger seat on highland ave...going though stop light I just heard one loud bang right next to us and then a bunch of people running. I didn't even think it was a gun shot until I got back to the shop and heard the sirens. Guy just walked up to another guy at the barber shop and shot him and turned himself in that night. Funny two barber stories in here. Saw a guy drown once. We were sailing and there was a motorboat trying to get him and they finally grabbed him but he was lifeless. They actually revived him in the boat and we saw him at the yacht club that night having beers. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to go into a different direction but it is unusual that someone mentions two things that are within my life's experience. My grandfather had a barber shop on Highland Ave. I am guessing from the 1930's until the 1960's. That was a nice Italian part of town back then. Don't know how well you know the old area but it was a block before the Italian grocery store that eventually turned into Tops. Same family anyway.

So a couple of years back I was driving down 104 with my wife going to the one of the hotels that overlook the falls on the Canadian side and I am following the GPS. I look up at it and it says somewhere ahead is Highland Ave. So I thought it would be nice to see what it looked like. Holy Crap. Two in the afternoon and I didn't feel safe. Most of the buildings gone and those that were still there were in terrible shape. Couldn't recognize anything that looked like it was my Grandfather's place.

So where did you sail? I used to sail on the upper Niagara in the 60's.

In Niagara Falls driving a work truck for my dad with my little bro in the passenger seat on highland ave...going though stop light I just heard one loud bang right next to us and then a bunch of people running. I didn't even think it was a gun shot until I got back to the shop and heard the sirens. Guy just walked up to another guy at the barber shop and shot him and turned himself in that night. Funny two barber stories in here. Saw a guy drown once. We were sailing and there was a motorboat trying to get him and they finally grabbed him but he was lifeless. They actually revived him in the boat and we saw him at the yacht club that night having beers. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to go into a different direction but it is unusual that someone mentions two things that are within my life's experience. My grandfather had a barber shop on Highland Ave. I am guessing from the 1930's until the 1960's. That was a nice Italian part of town back then. Don't know how well you know the old area but it was a block before the Italian grocery store that eventually turned into Tops. Same family anyway.

So a couple of years back I was driving down 104 with my wife going to the one of the hotels that overlook the falls on the Canadian side and I am following the GPS. I look up at it and it says somewhere ahead is Highland Ave. So I thought it would be nice to see what it looked like. Holy Crap. Two in the afternoon and I didn't feel safe. Most of the buildings gone and those that were still there were in terrible shape. Couldn't recognize anything that looked like it was my Grandfather's place.

So where did you sail? I used to sail on the upper Niagara in the 60's.

Yea highland is a war zone. Our shop was on beech ave. I sailed out of Youngstown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk