Have you ever witnessed a major crime in person?

In Niagara Falls driving a work truck for my dad with my little bro in the passenger seat on highland ave...going though stop light I just heard one loud bang right next to us and then a bunch of people running. I didn't even think it was a gun shot until I got back to the shop and heard the sirens. Guy just walked up to another guy at the barber shop and shot him and turned himself in that night. Funny two barber stories in here.

Saw a guy drown once. We were sailing and there was a motorboat trying to get him and they finally grabbed him but he was lifeless. They actually revived him in the boat and we saw him at the yacht club that night having beers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a man break a glass wine bottle over another guy's face in the parking lot before a concert. A fight broke out and the man ran in and just completely blindsided the guy in the side of the head. The attacker then fled on foot.

The victim's face was completely unrecognizable and there was a lot of blood. I'm not sure whatever happned with it, but police/emergency medical personnel were there pretty quickly. That could have killed the guy.

I used to work at Transit Lanes when I was 19-20 years old. Every Friday around 10am the manager would give me the money to deposit for the payroll. I would walk past the strip plaza and across a parking lot to the bank, would make the deposit, then walk back to the bowling alley. One day I arrived at the bank, but when I tried to enter, the door was locked. I tried the other door, but that was locked too. The hours on the door very plainly said 9am-5pm, and I could very plainly see people inside. Then I noticed one of the employees was waving her arms over her head, shaking her head back & forth, and gesturing for me to leave, which I did.

As I was walking back to the bowling alley, a car sped past me coming from the direction of the bank, blew through the parking lot, and took off down Transit road. I wasn't a particularly perceptive teenager apparently, because I hadn't put two and two together when I returned to the manager and returned the cash for the payroll. She said that she'd call the bank and see what was up. About a half an hour later, the manager came to me with three extremely intimidating men in suits who worked for the FBI, and told me that the bank was in the process of being robbed while I was trying to get in. The agents showed me a couple of surveillance photos of the thieves, but I never got a look at them, but I was able to verify the car in the photo as the one that drove right past me.

I never heard anything more about it, and from then on they started using an armed guard service to pick up & deliver the payroll.

Stories... Jogging some memories! Bourbon Street, NOLA, 1990... Guy walking down street suddenly smashes street front building window. Punches it and the whole thing shattered! He just calmly walked away... So did we. WTF!

Oh, that reminded me. Spring 2014, Cali, at a Chevy's Tex Mex. Guy sitting in a booth, get pissed because one of the girls he was talking to did not want to be with him. Leaves, slamming the door on his way out. As he passes the large plate glass window where they were sitting, flips her the double bird, then punches the window, sending glass all over her. Girl was fine thankfully, just shaken up. His biggest mistake, wearing an Applebee's staff shirt. I'm sure the cops just had to go up the street to the Applebee's to find him.

Oh, that reminded me. Spring 2014, Cali, at a Chevy's Tex Mex. Guy sitting in a booth, get pissed because one of the girls he was talking to did not want to be with him. Leaves, slamming the door on his way out. As he passes the large plate glass window where they were sitting, flips her the double bird, then punches the window, sending glass all over her. Girl was fine thankfully, just shaken up. His biggest mistake, wearing an Applebee's staff shirt. I'm sure the cops just had to go up the street to the Applebee's to find him.

Despite the sore hand, subsequent arrest, and loss of a girlfriend, the worst part of that guys day is still that he works at Applebees.

17 years of no playoffs.

Not as bad as living in California for 17 years and many have done so hence not a crime; they do not even get an option for parole. Amazing the Raiders will get parole with their reputation. You would think all of the California Prunes would be enough to get rid of the constipation but it isn't. For some living in California the stuck up is permanent,

Back on the subject:

Was a victim of an attempted mugging when at UB. Was walking back from work off Main Street campus and was surprised by mugger with butcher knife. He came from behind me and demanded money but I had not even a wallet and told him so. He demanded it again with knife closer to throat and so I back kicked him in groin and knocked knife away and he then punched me in face hard a few times and grabbed my glasses. Now facing me with waving knife he demanded wallet "I am going to cut ya!" and I told him I had none and if he was going to cut me, he was would have before when he was behind me and my hands were full with groceries. I demanded my glasses and he claimed he threw them. I demanded he help find them (yes I was not rational and mugger saw that). He went to spot he claimed he threw them (it was dark and snow on ground, winter in Buffalo) and I saw some reflection I thought might be my glasses and I went to them. I was wrong, just a bottle and when I turned he took off. I chased the car on the campus and got the license plate. Filed police report but could never identify person in lineup. I never found my glasses and he hit me so hard my front tooth was fused to jaw bone and needed to be forced out in pieces by dentist.

I got stabbed in college. Had to testify in front of the grand jury and the guy is serving 25 years (not just for that incident).

Wow!

A group of friends (also from Canisius), I wasn't with them, got jumped on Main. One guy got disoriented and turned right into the thugs. Messed him up pretty bad.

Also... In BFLo during the racial unrest of the 60s and 70s... My sister's Godfather was stabbed while walking. Somebody just appeared to bump him. He got home, it was winter, took off heavy coat and was covered in blood! I guess they shived him.

I would have conversations with a few older guys @ work. One would tell me about the race riots that would be set off in the Jr.High lunchroom when he was back in school here in Chicago.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I worked with a guy/semi-friend who managed a bank branch. Two guys walked into the branch waving guns, jumped over the teller line and started taking all the cash. The worst part? One of the tellers had a sick child and called in to say that she couldn't come to work that day. They were shorthanded and he convinced her to bring the toddler in and keep her behind the teller line. The little kid freaked, the bank robbers freaked... and bad almost turned to worse. I never saw him at the bank again, but ran into him at church from time to time.

I got stabbed in college. Had to testify in front of the grand jury and the guy is serving 25 years (not just for that incident).

I had a buddy/client who was a real estate attorney. His closing instructions always said to have cash, certified funds or wire transfer for closing. A guy shows up late in the day to close on a place with a suitcase full of cash. He calls down to the bank to say "don't lock up the vault yet!". Weeks after the "cash closing" the FBI shows up at his door. The guy was some nasty mobster and they put the attorney in protective custody until he can testify in Philly to put the bad guy away. They went to great lengths to keep him alive, until after he testified. Then? They just waived as he walked out of the courtroom. Not so much of a "good luck!" He was quite nervous for a few years.

I worked with a guy/semi-friend who managed a bank branch. Two guys walked into the branch waving guns, jumped over the teller line and started taking all the cash. The worst part? One of the tellers had a sick child and called in to say that she couldn't come to work that day. They were shorthanded and he convinced her to bring the toddler in and keep her behind the teller line. The little kid freaked, the bank robbers freaked... and bad almost turned to worse. I never saw him at the bank again, but ran into him at church from time to time.

I had a buddy/client who was a real estate attorney. His closing instructions always said to have cash, certified funds or wire transfer for closing. A guy shows up late in the day to close on a place with a suitcase full of cash. He calls down to the bank to say "don't lock up the vault yet!". Weeks after the "cash closing" the FBI shows up at his door. The guy was some nasty mobster and they put the attorney in protective custody until he can testify in Philly to put the bad guy away. They went to great lengths to keep him alive, until after he testified. Then? They just waived as he walked out of the courtroom. Not so much of a "good luck!" He was quite nervous for a few years.

That's pretty scary Aug!! I had to do a police lineup and when I went in front of the grand jury he wasn't in there. They wanted me to come back to Boston for the trial but I told them no if they weren't covering my expenses. That's what I was advised to do. They could use my testimony already.

The story ended up on the inside cover of the Boston Herald. The guy was charged in a previous hate crime as well as attempted murder from our incident. I couldn't identify the other 2 guys in the lineup though (just the main guy). He hit another guy over the head with a bat during all of this. There was a murder in that neighborhood a few months before where someone was killed with a hatchet. They were investigating this guy for that as well.

That's pretty scary Aug!! I had to do a police lineup and when I went in front of the grand jury he wasn't in there. They wanted me to come back to Boston for the trial but I told them no if they weren't covering my expenses. That's what I was advised to do. They could use my testimony already.

The story ended up on the inside cover of the Boston Herald. The guy was charged in a previous hate crime as well as attempted murder from our incident. I couldn't identify the other 2 guys in the lineup though (just the main guy). He hit another guy over the head with a bat during all of this. There was a murder in that neighborhood a few months before where someone was killed with a hatchet. They were investigating this guy for that as well.

Holy Ph$ck!

I have been personally attacked by gay pedophiles while hitch hiking a couple of different times. I was in the car alone when attacked, I had to fist fight with the guy in the car until they pulled over and I jumped out. Many times creeps would expose themselves. The scariest was a time I was in the back seat of a two door vehicle, the two men in the front started looking at each other in a funny way, the hair on my neck stood up and I sensed imminent danger, I blurted out this was my street and that was my house, let me out here, thank god they let me out without a problem. I was scared because I was trapped in the back seat and two large men in the front, I was just a kid at the time.

I counter balance the bad incidents with the many many more positive times I had a lot of fun hitch hiking, drinking wine and beer, smoking weed, woman would invite me to their houses and party, lots of fun times.

Yep, it was May of 2003. My classes were complete and graduation was a week or so away.

I'm no expert, but I suspect GETTING STABBED puts a slight damper on your average celebration.