Build your own Bills coaching staff....

using only head/interim coaches from the Bills dark years between Wade Philips and Sean McDermott. Here's your list of available candidates...

Gregg Williams

Mike Mularkey

Dick Jauron

Perry Fewell

Chan Gailey

Doug Marrone

Rex Ryan

Anthony Lynn

And here's the positions to be filled...

Head Coach

Offensive Coordinator

Defensive Coordinator

Special Teams Coordinator

This is easy

HC Wade

DC Greggo

OC Chan

I could be convinced to move Fewell, Mularky, or Jauron to HC and Wade to DC. Just some dude who won't rock the boat and let Wade and Chan do what they do.

This is easy

HC Wade

DC Greggo

OC Chan

I could be convinced to move Fewell, Mularky, or Jauron to HC and Wade to DC. Just some dude who won't rock the boat and let Wade and Chan do what they do.

You can't use Wade. Read the original post again.

HC - Doug Marrone ... He got us to 9-7, no one else did

OC - Mike Mularkey ... Came down to Moo or Gailey, had to go with Mularkey

DC - Gregg Williams ... Solid DC in this league, I couldn't care less about bounty gate

ST - Perry Fewell ... Best of the rest and would prefer a ST coach from the defensive side of the ball

Some of the best coaches from the Dark Years were not head coaches. For example:

* Bobby April - Special Teams.

* Jerry Gray - DC. Football Outsiders ranks the Bills 2004 Defense as the 4th best defense in the past 30 years. Gray was the DC that year.

Many of our head coaches were not successful on their side of the ball. Mularkey didn't field a good O. Neither did Marrone. Rex's D was very disappointing.

Some of our Head Coaches were just one coordinator away from success. Chan had a good O but never found a good DC. DJ had a good D and ST but never found a good OC. Marrone had a good DC but was horrible as the de facto OC and should have hired a real one.

So here's my list...

HC: Lynn

OC: Chan

DC: Greggo

ST: Fewell

With 8 Head Coaches to chose from, you would think we could easily cobble together a good coaching lineup. Nope.

using only head/interim coaches from the Bills dark years between Wade Philips and Sean McDermott. Here's your list of available candidates...

Gregg Williams

Mike Mularkey

Dick Jauron

Perry Fewell

Chan Gailey

Doug Marrone

Rex Ryan

Anthony Lynn

Head Coach

Offensive Coordinator

Defensive Coordinator

none

of

the

above.

HC - Rex

OC - Marrone

DC - Jauron

ST - Chan

Now lets get our franchise QB in the 2018 draft.

Good god, man -- did the last two years teach you nothing? Rex is the worst HC candidate on the entire list.

Gregg Williams

Mike Mularkey

Dick Jauron

Perry Fewell

Chan Gailey

Doug Marrone

Rex Ryan

Anthony Lynn

Head Coach

Offensive Coordinator

Defensive Coordinator

Head Coach Doug Marone

Offensive Coordinator Chan Gailey

Defensive Coodinator Rex Ryan

Special Teams: No real strong feelings

Edited by HT02

Fun topic Jack!!

HC - Marrone (he's an a-hole but was organized and his teams were prepared. Marrone was an easy choice for me here).

OC - Chan (he's proven to be a good OC. He's scored points with some bad talent. This was another easy choice).

DC - Fewell (this is much tougher. I don't love any of the candidates. Greggo has had some success as has Rex. His defense is totally antiquated though. Fewell gets the nod).

ST - Lynn (he has some ST experience. I don't know what other way to go).

Edited by Kirby Jackson