PPP Civ

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With so many players being interested, a qualifying round was set up. Joesixpack, blzrul, Greggy and Tasker squared off with secret code names. Chef Jim, also with a secret code name, hosted. The Googlebot was able to hack and recover this secret footage:

Edited by 4merper4mer

With so many players being interested, a qualifying round was set up. Joesixpack, blzrul, Greggy and Tasker squared off with secret code names. Chef Jim, also with a secret code name, hosted. The Googlebot was able to hack and recover this secret footage:

!@#$ing Canadians.

So what you're saying is that PPP is like Dennys?You don't go there you end up there?

Depends which Denny's.

Denny's is like the Sith. Always two there are, the Master and the Apprentice

If you end up at the Apprentice you're like, yeah we should have gone to the other Dennys

You'd go to a client and say that if that's what the market demanded. And it's what the market demanded.

That you think you wouldn't give the market what the market asks for is what puts you in the "too stupid to understand it" bucket.

I'm pretty sure he'd just call his client stupid and explain why it is all about him.

Nope and Nope.

I get hired these days because the client already knows how stupid they are. It's quite a departure from the old days: when we had to deal with Baby Boomer egos. Today, I have a reputation for having built the best software anybody's ever seen, because it is purposefully designed to un!@#$ stupid. It's Vulcan: "Infinite diversity in Infinite combinations".

Now, if this was 20 years ago? I'd get hired because the partner at Price Waterhouse knows the client is stupid, and I was merely one high IQ in a stable of them that would get sent out en masse to fix the stupid. Most of the stable were there to make a lot of $ in a short time. Example: I worked with a brilliant historian who was only at PW to raise $ for his books, and, my "roomie" has since argued cases before the SCOTUS. Few of the people I've been around actually have a passion for my profession. To a person they've said: it's too hard. You can make the same money doing something easier.

The market has no idea what it demands, when it comes to innovation and solutions. That's why they hire us. I sell them what they couldn't imagine...because...I can imagine it, um, duh.

It's like this: imagine the old crayonz. He was creative, and ingenious. What we have now in ButtsecksPeformer is...unimaginative.

It's brilliance like 'ButtsecksPerformer' that really drive the high IQ point home.

I thought improperly referencing Vulcan philosophy was the real high point. Nothing says "supergenius" like a bad Star Trek reference.

Today, I have a reputation for having built the best software anybody's ever seen, because it is purposefully designed to un!@#$ stupid. It's Vulcan: "Infinite diversity in Infinite combinations".

Dude. Minesweeper is fun and all but let's not go overboard.

Jeez, I haven't played in years. Video games fell by the wayside somewhere along the way. Might have to scrounge around for my Civ IV disc so I can install it again.