LAMP -Advice) First Time in Cbus

plenzmd1

if you ever see a town you're visiting is having pride weekend that weekend, don't go.

i ended up in charlotte last year during pride week and had no idea that it was going on. i was brutal as i always am with my insensitivity. walked by a tv with tents blocking all viewing. i said to my friend "wtf is this supposed to be?" voice from behind the curtain "come on in big boy it'll be a good time." i responded in not so nice words.

the weekend was full of debauchery via pictures from instagram friends.

I know right...my saying is quite similiar...if you ever see a town you're visiting having a NASCAR race or National Farm Machinery and Tractor Pull , get the hell out of town as fast as possible and go to a town having a pride weekend...pride weekend will be way more fun

Edited by plenzmd1

I know right...my saying is quite similiar...if you ever see a town you're visiting having a NASCAR race or National Farm Machinery and Tractor Pull , get the hell out of town as fast as possible and go to a town having a pride weekend...pride weekend will be way more fun

hahahaha

you should know better to what i meant. common man!

i'd avoid towns having biker weeks, nra conventions, cosplay conventions, a political fundraiser, any thing where the nutjobs always come out.

actually, i might stay with the nra convention because at least i'd be safe.

I gotta say, I have many clients who are gay. The guys and gals are all hardworking and sharp people. Not combative at all....but if someone crosses them, they aren't afraid to tell you to "!@#$ off"! I'd say a Pride day would be a pretty safe place to be. And they have never made an overt pass at me or anyone I know of...they don't look to make waves. Just so you guys know.

• 3 months later...

I'd stick to the arena district /short north/ German village areas for some more "local" vibe.

I'll throw out 2 more random suggestions for food. Lindys in German village is fantastic and has a great outdoor patio.

Back in town for parents weekend, and we went to Lindy's last night. Just freaking awesome! Great restaurant, really like the neighborhood too! Love the prices too! Martini and draft before dinner came to $16!!!!That's a good $24 in DC.

In Granville all day, then off to Cinci later tonight!

Edited by plenzmd1

Back in town for parents weekend, and we went to Lindy's last night. Just freaking awesome! Great restaurant, really like the neighborhood too! Love the prices too! Martini and draft before dinner came to $16!!!!That's a good $24 in DC.

In Granville all day, then off to Cinci later tonight!

Awesome! We did Lindys for our rehearsal dinner. Just an all around great place. Used to live down in that area so used to go more often. Was there about a month ago for another larger gathering and as usual, not disappointed!

Should be a good contingent of Bills fans in the Nati tomorrow. I'm 3-1 at that stadium, hopefully my record improves even more. Id have headed down to Cincy tonight but I've been to 3 of the first 4 games already and have a 11 month old so just making it a day trip tomorrow. (Or else my wife may have killed me. Still might I suppose)

Awesome! We did Lindys for our rehearsal dinner. Just an all around great place. Used to live down in that area so used to go more often. Was there about a month ago for another larger gathering and as usual, not disappointed!

Should be a good contingent of Bills fans in the Nati tomorrow. I'm 3-1 at that stadium, hopefully my record improves even more. Id have headed down to Cincy tonight but I've been to 3 of the first 4 games already and have a 11 month old so just making it a day trip tomorrow. (Or else my wife may have killed me. Still might I suppose)

sent you a PM