Mayweather against McGregor

CommonCents

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I guy is not out on his feet then the ref needs to stay out. It was pretty clear there was some back door deal to stop the fight on a moments notice.

He was out on his feet. Clearly.

If you want to see a fixed stop, then google Richard Steele stopping Meldrick Taylor with 2 seconds left in the final round. A decision over Chavez was imminent.

McGregor was not defending himself and there was no standing 8 count to fall back on. It was a perfect stop.

Edited by Gugny

He was out on his feet. Clearly.

If you want to see a fixed stop, then google Richard Steele stopping Meldrick Taylor with 2 seconds left in the final round. A decision over Chavez was imminent.

McGregor was not defending himself and there was no standing 8 count to fall back on. It was a perfect stop.

I agree. I found a stream through YouTube Live and McGregor was done. He looked gassed at the end of the 8th. That he made it to the 10th was impressive. Ref did the right thing. It was funny watching hoe McGregor's instincts sometimes were to wrap Floyd up and slam him. It was a fun viewing novelty. If Connor had more behind his punches in the first three rounds, it could of been an upset for the ages. It was cool but I'm glad I didn't pay for it.

What will generate interest for a rematch next year?

Mayweather knocking out McGregor early certainly won't. So that won't happen.

A McGregor knockout - regardless of round - would practically necessitate a rematch.

A late-round Mayweather knockout COULD generate interest (hey, McGregor hung in there for a while ...)

A fight going the distance would obviously do it, but it would be way too obvious that it's fixed.

I think Mayweather knocks McGregor out sometime after Round 8. But earlier in the fight, McGregor has Mayweather "in trouble."

good call.

I did buy the fight and had fun watching it.

I agree. I found a stream through YouTube Live and McGregor was done. He looked gassed at the end of the 8th. That he made it to the 10th was impressive. Ref did the right thing. It was funny watching hoe McGregor's instincts sometimes were to wrap Floyd up and slam him. It was a fun viewing novelty. If Connor had more behind his punches in the first three rounds, it could of been an upset for the ages. It was cool but I'm glad I didn't pay for it.

Connor has shown to have stamina issues in MMA. Diaz beat him the first time when he nothing left and Connor was just hanging on for the last third of Diaz II. Not sure why his team thought he'd be able to go 12 rounds with a boxer who has gone the distance many times and is known for being the best conditioned fighter in the sport.

And ...

How many punches did mayweather throw in the beginning?

You're supposed to get a 10 count AFTER you get knocked down.

Connor said it best, let me go down like a man.

You don't get that option if you can't keep your hands up. It was a fine stoppage, and entirely predictable.

Well, there had to be at least one Conor peen rider who can't accept that he had no business taking a boxing fight against Floyd...

Yea my one friend...

He thinks it was super close and Conner only lost cus he got gassed...

Not because he only hit Floyd 25% or because Floyd hit him over 50% and closed his eye pretty much... Round 4-10 Floyd completely stalked his prey

Floyd would never step in a octagon cause he knows he doesn't belong there.

And they can't meet his pay.

I have no doubt of that....

I think I was responding to someone trying to say boxing overmatches MMA

It really doesnt....most fights go to the ground when your really scrapping......the MMA guy has all the advantages in the real world

Mayweater is a smart cat....he made sure there was no danger of this.

Still....props to Conner for hanging as long as he did.......

I have no doubt of that....

I think I was responding to someone trying to say boxing overmatches MMA

It really doesnt....most fights go to the ground when your really scrapping......the MMA guy has all the advantages in the real world

Mayweater is a smart cat....he made sure there was no danger of this.

Still....props to Conner for hanging as long as he did.......

This is dumb. In the real world the guy with the gun has the advantages.

Comparing two sports is dumb, which is why most people thought last night's fight was dumb. Entertaining for sure, but dumb.

*Did not mean you are dumb John from Hemet. The 'real world' thing is what I was talking about.

Edited by GoBills808

Comparing two sports is dumb, which is why most people thought last night's fight was dumb. Entertaining for sure, but dumb.

*Did not mean you are dumb John from Hemet. The 'real world' thing is what I was talking about.

Well not everyone is walking around with a gun

Only if you drive on the freeways of California

Well, there had to be at least one Conor peen rider who can't accept that he had no business taking a boxing fight against Floyd...

I have no business taking a boxing fight against Floyd either but for several millions of dollars i would. Edited by RaoulDuke79

I have no business taking a boxing fight against Floyd either but for several millions of dollars i would.

We all would. Floyd especially took a fight against Conor for the easiest payday of his career.

Thank you.

"You know what beats a black belt? A gun belt." - Whitey Bulger

In the real world there are no rules. If you get in a fight at the bar there is no weight classes, rounds, and rules to abide. Eye poking, groin shots, fish hooking, knives, guns, and gangs are all legal. Boxing and MMA is one on one but that's where the similarity ends. Why can't we just let them be what they are? I love both but don't want either crossing over. It's dumb.