Mayweather against McGregor

CommonCents

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They stopped the fight because it stopped being competitive. He was down a bunch of rounds and just would have taken more punishment. It wasn't a bad stoppage. Connor did better than I expected but the superior boxer dominated (as expected). Floyd had a great game plan (as always). -125 for a Floyd KO?!? Thanks for the free money

and also the idea that it was a friendly exhibition for both to get paid. Connor made more tonight than any other UFC fighter has probably made in a career.

In a normal boxing match between 2 boxers the fight wouldn't have been stopped there I do agree with that

I will never pay for another boxing match again, even if they have a rubber match, boxing is so boring. I barely paid attention to the other fights even though I tried.

The Costa Rica guy pussed out when lightly grazed in the back of the head, I think he was tired of taking hard shots and wanted a cheap victory.

Then that moron came in over weight losing his belt, idiot.

Boxing is dead, this was their last hoorah , that arena was empty till the McGregor fight. This would never happen for MMA.

They stopped the fight because it stopped being competitive. He was down a bunch of rounds and just would have taken more punishment. It wasn't a bad stoppage. Connor did better than I expected but the superior boxer dominated (as expected). Floyd had a great game plan (as always). -125 for a Floyd KO?!? Thanks for the free money

TKO :D Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

I will never pay for another boxing match again, even if they have a rubber match, boxing is so boring. I barely paid attention to the other fights even though I tried.

The Costa Rica guy pussed out when lightly grazed in the back of the head, I think he was tired of taking hard shots and wanted a cheap victory.

Then that moron came in over weight losing his belt, idiot.

Boxing is dead, this was their last hoorah , that arena was empty till the McGregor fight. This would never happen for MMA.

TOO :D

miss the old hearns/sugar ray days. hagler or even no mas duran. or the great heavyweights. ali, big george foreman. yep, that's when boxing was worth watching to me.

miss the old hearns/sugar ray days. hagler or even no mas duran. or the great heavyweights. ali, big george foreman. yep, that's when boxing was worth watching to me.

Definitely.

But even so, but once MMA started I was done with boxing because MMA is a superior sport and more fun to watch.

Definitely.

But even so, but once MMA started I was done with boxing because MMA is a superior sport and more fun to watch.

How is it a superior sport if their top guy just got his a$$ handed to him by a 40 year old from the lesser sport?

If it was an MMA fight, McGregor would've won easily, you could tell he was uncomfortable with just boxing, a few times he looked like he wanted to throw Mayweather to the mat and ground n pound him.

He was hammer-fisting Floyd. I swear the ref said "Hey, Conor, start boxing again."

How is it a superior sport if their top guy just got his a$$ handed to him by a 40 year old from the lesser sport?

You do realize that McGregor couldn't use 90% of his offense or defense under boxing rules, right?

It was a better fight than anyone could have hoped for.

The last few rounds were nothing like mcgregors early flurry. Floyd was always composed and defending himself. Mcgregor was completely gassed and out of it. Lot of time left in the round and he would've been hurt

If I guy is not out on his feet then the ref needs to stay out. It was pretty clear there was some back door deal to stop the fight on a moments notice.

Really cus that's why certain boxing organizations even have a STANDING 8 count.

He wasn't defending himself,and was getting landed on. Lot of time left in the round too.

Mcgregor was ALL SMILES after.. he wasn't mad because he knew he was just beat. He didn't feel cheated