Fox News Is Dropping It's "Fair and Balanced" Slogan

They're changing it to "Most watched. Most trusted." Interesting given the ousting of Ailes and O'Reilly. Is this a move by them to try and become more "fair and balanced" or are they trying to give their network more credibility in admitting it's a right wing propaganda machine?

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/06/fox-news-is-dropping-its-fair-and-balanced-slogan.html

It would be lide if the Bills changed their name to the Buffalo Bisons. They'd still suck. But then again I bet a lot of you die-hard fans would say "alright!! We're gonna win now!! :thumbsup:" Nope you're the same ole Buffalo Bills.

They're changing it to "Most watched. Most trusted." Interesting given the ousting of Ailes and O'Reilly. Is this a move by them to try and become more "fair and balanced" or are they trying to give their network more credibility in admitting it's a right wing propaganda machine?

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/06/fox-news-is-dropping-its-fair-and-balanced-slogan.html

Lets see... they've fired what % of their staff that had a bias. Hannity is the only one left from noon on.

Ratings indicate Most Watershed, most trusted is based on speculation.

The Trump base / faithful must really not like it when Fox News contributors speak against him.

So lies and half truths are better than the truth in your eyes. Gotcha!

Do you honestly believe MSNBC and CNN don't use the same tactics for left wing propaganda?

Lets see... they've fired what % of their staff that had a bias. Hannity is the only one left from noon on.

Ratings indicate Most Watershed, most trusted is based on speculation.

The Trump base / faithful must really not like it when Fox News contributors speak against him.

Hannity is the only one left where Trump can do no wrong. The bashing of the left wing media is still prevalent during Prime Time.

Do you honestly believe MSNBC and CNN don't use the same tactics for left wing propaganda?

I honestly believe the left sticks closer to the honest truth

The right does not even try. That's why Trump is their man. He is a pathological liar and they love him

The right does not even try. That's why Trump is their man. He is a pathological liar and they love him

my aren't you gullible, you probably think Obama was a good president​ too

my aren't you gullible, you probably think Obama was a good president​ too

"You probably think..." This is my favorite scummy tactic that I see here in PPP all the time. It just sets up the terrible conversation that's about to take place. It's like their jab that they keep sticking out there to keep the opponent at the right distance and to set up the big right hook. It so perfectly says "I don't respect you" and "this is not going to be a civil conversation." Ding! Back to your corners.

:w00t::w00t::w00t:

"You probably think..." This is my favorite scummy tactic that I see here in PPP all the time. It just sets up the terrible conversation that's about to take place. It's like their jab that they keep sticking out there to keep the opponent at the right distance and to set up the big right hook. It so perfectly says "I don't respect you" and "this is not going to be a civil conversation." Ding! Back to your corners.

How was that? Was that better?

Well...............“Democracy Dies in Darkness” ...............was already taken,............ :rolleyes:

Well...............“Democracy Dies in Darkness” ...............was already taken,............ :rolleyes:

I was hoping they'd go with a message like this -

51ny39gtGRL._SX326_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: God I hate my party right now.

It would be lide if the Bills changed their name to the Buffalo Bisons. They'd still suck. But then again I bet a lot of you die-hard fans would say "alright!! We're gonna win now!! :thumbsup:" Nope you're the same ole Buffalo Bills.

F*** Buffalo Bisons .... The Bills just need to do the modern thing and go with one name .. Numerous pop stars and Futball players have resorted to this ... from here on out the Bills should just be known as BUFFALO

Guaranteed to get us into the playoffs IMO

F*** Buffalo Bisons .... The Bills just need to do the modern thing and go with one name .. Numerous pop stars and Futball players have resorted to this ... from here on out the Bills should just be known as BUFFALO

Nah. BB. My sister has a cat and they call him BB. I asked why. Look between his legs she said. Ohhhhhhh....Big Balls.

Dude, everyone knows it's the uniforms. If the Bills would only go back to the early 90's uniforms and red helmets: Championships galore!

anyone who doesn't get why they were fair and balanced is retarded.

so it looks like about 3-4 people here are retarded. and yes cuga, i realize that calling someone a retard is offensive and leads to no real arguments here but i promise - as long as gaytor and others show up there is no ability to have a dialog. besides it is a buffalo bills football site not ap olitics site. i post my actual political thoughts on youtube commentary videos where they belong.

but my point is they said fair and balanced because cnn and msnbc and the other stations out there are and always have been left sided. the fox view is the right sided view to balance out the **** that asshats like lester holt and rachel maddow spew.

So they're basically going with "But there's a consensus!!!!!!"

anyone who doesn't get why they were fair and balanced is retarded.

but my point is they said fair and balanced because cnn and msnbc and the other stations out there are and always have been left sided. the fox view is the right sided view to balance out the **** that asshats like lester holt and rachel maddow spew.

I agree completely. It's not that Fox has never had a bias - they very obviously have. It's the fact that they reported from the opposing point of view while acknowledging, and often representing the other side that validated their claim to being "balanced".