Evander Kane - 15 Jack Eichel - 21 Kyle Okposo
20 Scott Wilson - 90 Ryan O'Reilly - 23 Sam Reinhart
28 Zemgus Girgensons - 22 Johan Larsson - 29 Jason Pominville
17 Jordan Nolan - 10 Jacob Josefson - 13 Nicholas Baptiste

Marco Scandella - 55 Rasmus Ristolainen
19 Jake McCabe - 93 Victor Antipin
4 Josh Gorges - 8 Casey Nelson

2-1: JASON BOTTERILL ON WGR (19:22)

Botterill- It's tough to predict, there's still a lot of discussion out there, there's such a value now in the league for young players, and draft picks, teams want them, and if they're going to give them up they want to make sure they are in the playoffs.

Botterill- The depth of the free agent pool isn't there. So if you want success for your team you can't build it through free agency. If you want to have success you have to build through the draft.

Botterill- It's not surprising that there's interest in Evander. What he's produced with us, how he plays the game, he's a player that teams have certainly acquired about.

Botterill- He's under contract with us, it's a situation where we're not letting other teams communicate with Evander Kane.

Botterill- We feel comfortable right now. Evander, Pouliot, you saw last week these players are helping us win games right now.

Botterill- Ryan O'Reilly is not a person that I'm calling different teams trying to sell.

Botterill- A big part of my job is to communicate and strengthen relationship throughout the league. A big part of the job is understanding where they are, and what they are looking for.

Botterill- You seen situations in Colorado and New Jersey where they've been able to turn it around fairly quickly. It's something that were certainly striving for. How our younger players come through the ranks here, how quickly they develop, you want to give them opportunity.

Botterill on offside challenge- The bottom line is that it's not going anywhere, it is going to be a part of game now. Now it's just trying to improve the rule. What's frustrating at times in the length of the delays at times and that's what they're trying to correct.

Botterill on the Super Bowl- We'll see if the Michigan man Tom Brady can pull of another one

1 hour ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

Pictures of the "crowd" from last night's game:

https://twitter.com/ByMHarrington/status/959222314603773952/photo/1

Still , way more people at these games than I would expect. I don't care if you are getting $10 tickets...$10 beers, parking, etc, still $50 minimum to see these underachievers. And Harrington just lives to embarrass the Sabres..for all the complaining folks do about Gleason and Sullivan, this dude is the biggest tool at the News. 

6 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

The third period last night was actually some of the most entertaining hockey the team has played all season. 

Mark your calendars for Friday, March 2nd at Florida.  7:30pm game start. 

Should be a good game.

probably not considering maybe half the team might be different (after the trade deadline and guys going on IR)

Game Preview: 2/3/18 vs. St. Louis

LAST GAME
Thursday, February 1
Florida 4 at Buffalo 2
Goals: O’Reilly, Girgensons
Goalie: Johnson (28 saves/32 shots)
PP: 1/3; PK: 5/7; Shots: Buffalo 32 – Florida 32

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 186)
Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed

Zach Bogosian (lower body, Jan. 11; injured reserve) – 8 games
Nathan Beaulieu (undisclosed, Jan. 23; injured reserve) – 4 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
2/1: Activated F Jacob Josefson from IR

UPCOMING GAMES
Tuesday, Feb. 6: Anaheim at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Thursday, Feb. 8: NY Islanders at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 10: Buffalo at Boston, 7 p.m.
Sunday, Feb. 11: Colorado at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Tuesday, Feb. 13: Tampa Bay at Buffalo, 7 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME
BLUES at SABRES
  • This is the second of two meetings between the Sabres and Blues this season.
  • Last meeting: St. Louis defeated Buffalo 3-2 (OT) in St. Louis on Dec. 10, 2017
  • The Sabres are 1-7-2 in their last 10 games vs. the Blues, 2-8-0 at home.
  • This is the 118th game all-time between Buffalo and St. Louis; Buffalo has a 46-54-17 series record.
  • The Sabres are 31-22-6 at home against the Blues all-time.

On February 3, 2018 at 12:14 AM, apuszczalowski said:

probably not considering maybe half the team might be different (after the trade deadline and guys going on IR)

Well you know, you make a good point.  Kane would have played a role in any shenanigans in the re-match, but he will be gone for sure, as will some others.

I'm very eager to see just how much slashing and cutting Botterill does, and how quickly.

How is Vegas keeping this up?

I have heard that teams don't want to give up much for Kane at all and he might remain with Buffalo. Do the Sabres wanna take scraps for him or do they just hold on to him?

From my end, as a Devils fan, the Sabres have asked for a ton for Kane. Severson, McLeod and a 1st round pick have been thrown around. No shot that Shero is ever gonna do that.

Depends who you talk to I guess.

I have heard some teams view kane as a good move cause he is a pure rental so they can just let him go at the end of the year if he is an issue in the locker room, while others dont want to bring in someone who could be an issue in the lockerroom and rather go for someone with some term left on their deal.

Either way, I'm sure they will not get what we or they are striving for in a trade. But if they aren't re-signing him before July, then you take what you can get so you aren't left with nothing.

As for Vegas, just more proof that all you need to do is tank. They were so bad that they had never won a game in their history before the start of this season, now they are actually considered contenders for the cup!

Edited by apuszczalowski

Game Preview: 2/6/18 vs. Anaheim

Game Notes NHL Stats Press Clips

LAST GAME
Saturday, February 3
St. Louis 1 at Buffalo 0
Goals: N/A
Goalie: Lehner (32 saves/33 shots)
PP: 0/4; PK: 1/1; Shots: St. Louis 33 – Buffalo 27

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 187)
Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed

Zach Bogosian (lower body, Jan. 11; injured reserve) – 9 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
2/1: Activated F Jacob Josefson from IR
2/3: Activated D Nathan Beaulieu from IR; Assigned F Nicholas Baptisteto Rochester (AHL)

UPCOMING GAMES
Thursday, Feb. 8: NY Islanders at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 10: Buffalo at Boston, 7 p.m.
Sunday, Feb. 11: Colorado at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Tuesday, Feb. 13: Tampa Bay at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Thursday, Feb. 15: Buffalo at Ottawa, 7:30 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME
DUCKS at SABRES
  • This is the second of two meetings between the Sabres and Ducks this season.
  • Last meeting: Buffalo defeated Anaheim 3-1 in Anaheim on Oct. 15, 2017
  • The Sabres are 4-6-0 in their last 10 games vs. the Ducks; 6-4-0 at home
  • This is the 36th game all-time between Buffalo and Anaheim; Buffalo has an 18-14-3 series record.
  • The Sabres are 8-6-3 at home against the Ducks all-time.

17 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Depends who you talk to I guess.

I have heard some teams view kane as a good move cause he is a pure rental so they can just let him go at the end of the year if he is an issue in the locker room, while others dont want to bring in someone who could be an issue in the lockerroom and rather go for someone with some term left on their deal.

Either way, I'm sure they will not get what we or they are striving for in a trade. But if they aren't re-signing him before July, then you take what you can get so you aren't left with nothing.

As for Vegas, just more proof that all you need to do is tank. They were so bad that they had never won a game in their history before the start of this season, now they are actually considered contenders for the cup!

Yes, I think Kane will be moved for sure.  How much we get in return remains to be seen.