Sabres & NHL 2017-18 - Entry Draft on June 22

Marchand uses that “I was just defending myself” excuse every single time. They should add a few game on for that alone. It makes absolutely no sense. By his logic, he could slash someone in the face because he wanted to avoid getting hit. 

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Sounds like Eichel put on quite a show at the all-star game. I hope this regime can build a decent team around him. 

He did. First time I have watched any part of an all star game, in any sport, in a long time. First game he was great, 2nd not so much. 

True to NHL form, they took a goal away from Eric Karlson on a freaking offside challenge. In the All Star game!

jack and Matthews mocked the hell out it next goal, good to see!

15 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Sounds like Eichel put on quite a show at the all-star game. I hope this regime can build a decent team around him. 

He was absolutely fantastic in the first game. 

All I kept thinking is "man, the Sabres desperately need to surround this kid with more talent". 

Honestly, I think there's a damn good chance that he'd be considered an NHL super star already if he had a better team around him. 

12 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

He did. First time I have watched any part of an all star game, in any sport, in a long time. First game he was great, 2nd not so much. 

True to NHL form, they took a goal away from Eric Karlson on a freaking offside challenge. In the All Star game!

jack and Matthews mocked the hell out it next goal, good to see!

USATSI_10572392_1517195218170_12625480_v

On 27/01/2018 at 7:18 AM, ChevyVanMiller said:

I can't wait until this kid is in the Blue and Gold. He's going to be very special.

We'll ruin him.

8 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I know everyone cares about this. 

Can Rex stop showing how much of a lying, pandering sack of crap he is?

7 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I'm waiting for the Rob Ray bobblehead. The massive head will actually be to scale.

9 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm waiting for the Rob Ray bobblehead. The massive head will actually be to scale.

How many grammatical errors can they squeeze into one talking bobblehead?  I may have to find that RJ one though.

Game Preview: 1/30/18 vs. NJD

Game Notes NHL Stats Press Clips

LAST GAME
Thursday, January 25
Buffalo 4 at Vancouver 0
Goals: Reinhart, Baptiste, Okposo, Larsson
Goalie: Lehner (30 saves/30 shots)
PP: 1/3; PK: 2/2; Shots: Vancouver 30 – Buffalo 26
CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 181)
Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Jacob Josefson (lower body, Jan. 11; injured reserve) – 6 games
Zach Bogosian (lower body, Jan. 11; injured reserve) – 6 games
Josh Gorges (illness, Jan. 22) – 3 games
Nathan Beaulieu (undisclosed, Jan. 23; injured reserve) – 2 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
1/26: Assigned D Matt Tennyson to Rochester (AHL)

UPCOMING GAMES
Thursday, Feb. 1: Florida at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 3: St. Louis at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Tuesday, Feb. 6: Anaheim at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Thursday, Feb. 8: NY Islanders at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 10: Buffalo at Boston, 7 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME
DEVILS at SABRES
  • This is the third and final meeting between the Sabres and Devils this season.
  • Last meeting: Buffalo defeated New Jersey 4-3 (OT) in New Jersey on Dec. 29, 2017
  • The Sabres are 2-6-2 in their last 10 games vs. the Devils; 4-5-1 at home.
  • This is the 154th game all-time between Buffalo and New Jersey; Buffalo has a 75-52-26 series record.
  • The Sabres are 40-26-11 at home against the Devils all-time.

I am actually looking forward to this game and will watch semi-live. Don't want to start until about 8:15 , have a feeling I will want to turn here , even if they are getting drilled, to something less annoying at about 9:17. 

Edited by plenzmd1

5 hours ago, snafu said:

I've never seen an NHL team worse than this one at clearing the puck out of its own zone.

Theyre just not capable of doing it.  It is really frustrating to watch.

It is very frustrating to watch. 

They struggle so so badly to break out of their end, as well as transitioning through the neutral zone and entering the offensive zone. 

Far too often, when they finally do get it out of their zone, they just chip it into the neutral zone (or lose possession in the neutral zone) and turn possession right back over to the other team so they can go right back on the attack. 

They really struggle entering the offensive zone with any speed, too. It's like for some reason whenever they approach the opponents blue line the puck carrier slows down. 

Or they just stop moving their feet when the puck is passed to them. 

I really don't get why they struggle with some of these things. You can see they can do this stuff in spurts. They just can't do it consistently for whatever reason. 

Sometimes I wonder if it's just effort level... 

1 hour ago, BillsFan4 said:

It is very frustrating to watch. 

They struggle so so badly to break out of their end, as well as transitioning through the neutral zone and entering the offensive zone. 

Far too often, when they finally do get it out of their zone, they just chip it into the neutral zone (or lose possession in the neutral zone) and turn possession right back over to the other team so they can go right back on the attack. 

They really struggle entering the offensive zone with any speed, too. It's like for some reason whenever they approach the opponents blue line the puck carrier slows down. 

Or they just stop moving their feet when the puck is passed to them. 

I really don't get why they struggle with some of these things. You can see they can do this stuff in spurts. They just can't do it consistently for whatever reason. 

Sometimes I wonder if it's just effort level... 

They have had a massive effort problem the entire season.

This entire group, for the most part, is going to be broken up.

I know they were coming off the break..but damn why do they suck at home? So they were embarrassed at home and give 3 good efforts on the road and I guess they felt they that was enough. 

Feel bad for season ticket holders next two months, 18 home games. Essentially 2 home games every week for the next 9 weeks.

Don't want to waste time and money going down to see these guys, tickets are worth next to nothing. 

What a mess

Edited by plenzmd1

Game Preview: 2/1/18 vs. FLA

Game Notes NHL Stats Press Clips

LAST GAME
Tuesday, January 30
New Jersey 3 at Buffalo 1
Goals: McCabe
Goalie: Lehner (25 saves/27 shots) – 1 ENG
PP: 1/4; PK: 0/0; Shots: New Jersey 28 – Buffalo 28

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 184)
Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Jacob Josefson (lower body, Jan. 11; injured reserve) – 7 games
Zach Bogosian (lower body, Jan. 11; injured reserve) – 7 games
Nathan Beaulieu (undisclosed, Jan. 23; injured reserve) – 3 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
1/26: Assigned D Matt Tennyson to Rochester (AHL)

UPCOMING GAMES
Saturday, Feb. 3: St. Louis at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Tuesday, Feb. 6: Anaheim at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Thursday, Feb. 8: NY Islanders at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 10: Buffalo at Boston, 7 p.m.
Sunday, Feb. 11: Colorado at Buffalo, 7 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME
PANTHERS at SABRES
  • This is the second of four meetings between the Sabres and Panthers this season.
  • Last meeting: Florida defeated Buffalo 4-1 in Buffalo on Nov. 10, 2017
  • Next meeting: Friday, March 2 in Florida
  • The Sabres are 3-6-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Panthers; 3-6-1 at home.
  • This is the 94th game all-time between Buffalo and Florida; Buffalo has a 48-37-8 series record.
  • The Sabres are 27-17-4 at home against the Panthers all-time.