Sabres & NHL 2017-18 - Entry Draft on June 22

14 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

NHL Trade:

Ottawa gave up a lot. Duchene is a good player. Really liked Turris and had hoped they could get a deal done. It's definitely better than not getting anything for him at seasons end since his contract talks were going so poorly.

Here are Housley's updates on Buffalo's banged-up players, none of which skated with the team:

* Ristolainen (upper body) – "Rasmus is still day to day."

* Bogosian (lower body) – "Zach skated. He's moved back to day to day now with his injury. He's making progress. He's been skating now two or three days, which is encouraging."

* Beaulieu (upper body) – "Nate Beaulieu skated. He'll probably join us in practice this week, so that was encouraging."

* Forward Justin Bailey (lower body) – "He's still day to day."

* Gorges (lower body) – "Josh Gorges has made some great strides. He's been skating, and he'll probably join us for practice this week."

* Forward Evan Rodrigues (hand) – "He has been skating, but his situation with his hand, upper-body injury, it's taking a little bit longer."

* Forward Jacob Josefson (foot) – "Joey hasn't skated yet, so his lower-body injury is more of a week-to-week still situation."

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Zach Redmond. 

‘Nuff said.

I must confess I did have to use the google machine to look him up. 

How bad is it that I will watch the Wizards game live, and click through Sabres game during commercials and intermission of the basketball game.

Projected Lineup

9 Evander Kane - 15 Jack Eichel - 29 Jason Pominville
67 Benoit Pouliot - 90 Ryan O'Reilly - 21 Kyle Okposo
13 Nicholas Baptiste - 23 Sam Reinhart - 25 Seth Griffith
28 Zemgus Girgensons - 22 Johan Larsson - 17 Jordan Nolan

6 Marco Scandella - 41 Justin Falk
19 Jake McCabe - 27 Taylor Fedun
93 Victor Antipin - 38 Zach Redmond

40 Robin Lehner
31 Chad Johnson

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

I must confess I did have to use the google machine to look him up. 

How bad is it that I will watch the Wizards game live, and click through Sabres game during commercials and intermission of the basketball game.

If you had to look him up then I take it you haven't seen him play for us yet this year? If so, you have been spared great hockey pain. He is a train wreck on skates. And that's being kind. 

59 minutes ago, K-9 said:

If you had to look him up then I take it you haven't seen him play for us yet this year? If so, you have been spared great hockey pain. He is a train wreck on skates. And that's being kind. 

He's no Lord that's for sure.

Phil just can't find it in himself to break up Kane and Eichel; those 2 guys need to be on 2 different lines.

This is true; I caught some replay of Korea vs. China women's curling from the last Olympics, I believe...on the "Olympic Channel" which I now seem to have on my cable system.  

I was actually enjoying it as I have been known to suffer from yellow fever from time to time, and the bulk of the women on both teams were quite attractive.  I then thought "This is actually more interesting/entertaining than a typical Sabres game." I still stand behind that.

When hockey is played on a passionless level with 2 teams sort of mailing it in, it is like watching paint dry.  Add in the low def signal I get on the Center Ice package, which makes it look like I am watching a video tape recording of a video tape recording, and it gets worse, fast. 

Reminds me of the story about TV ratings back when ESPN was deciding to dump the NHL.  They claimed PBA bowling games received greater viewing numbers than the average NHL game! 

Edited by Fadingpain