Sabres & NHL 2017-18 - Entry Draft on June 22

What a comeback win!!

Not so good 1st period, but they really started playing well for parts of the 2nd and pretty much the entire 3rd. They just relentlessly attacked and kept sustained pressure. It was exciting to watch (for a change).

Now THAT is what this team is capable of when everyone is giving an effort and playing within the system. They kept things more simple tonight. More dump and chase, good cycling of the puck, and actually setting up goal scoring opportunities. Guys actually getting to the front of the net.

Great game. I was ready to turn it off after period 1, but I couldn't bring myself to do it (never can, it's a problem. lol). Sure glad I didn't...

Oh man I hope this gives them a much needed confidence boost. They need it so badly. It's crazy what a role confidence plays in hockey. Please let this be the spark that starts our comeback.

Great to see ROR back to playing well, too. We need him playing the way he has been the last few games. He's a notoriously slow starter every year, so I don't know why I'm always surprised when he starts slow... lol.

Edited by BillsFan4

Nice comeback but it doesn’t mean squat if they schit the bed in the next game. A few more like this in a row and perhaps they’ll be on to something. But we’ve seen this team make great comebacks before only to choke later on. One bright side? O’Reilly returning to form.

Nice comeback but it doesn’t mean squat if they schit the bed in the next game. A few more like this in a row and perhaps they’ll be on to something. But we’ve seen this team make great comebacks before only to choke later on. One bright side? O’Reilly returning to form.

Yep. He's been better the last couple games although horrible the first 6-7. Pouliot played decent maybe for the first time. Scandella's best game. Antipin's best game. Kane is so unnerving but that's two games out of the last three he's scored to tie it with two minutes left. Lehner is still weak although his save on the breakaway by Marchand when down 4-1 probably kept us in it. Still waiting for Reinhart to start the season. Power play still sucks.

That was impressive on the 2nd night of a back to back. The Bruins haven't look good at all. Okposo eating all the wings in Buffalo or has he always been slow?

He's always been pretty slow but he was quite good last year overall until he got sick/hurt. He's been horrible this entire year so far. He should regain form but nine games should be more than enough.

https://thehockeywriters.com/eichel-leading-mcdavid-matthews/

Anyone see this article on Eichel vs McDavid & Matthews? I don't agree with everything in it (McDavid easily has as big or bigger impact for Edmonton) but it does give a good idea of the impact Eichel has for Buffalo.

Yep. He's been better the last couple games although horrible the first 6-7. Pouliot played decent maybe for the first time. Scandella's best game. Antipin's best game. Kane is so unnerving but that's two games out of the last three he's scored to tie it with two minutes left. Lehner is still weak although his save on the breakaway by Marchand when down 4-1 probably kept us in it. Still waiting for Reinhart to start the season. Power play still sucks.

Yeah I would say the first 5 games he was very bad. The last 4 he has been much better IMO, and especially the last 3. I'd even say he's probably been our best player in 2 of the last 4.

It's great to see him back to normal. We need him

Its funny, every year ROR starts out slow and every year I complain about him and wonder what the heck happened to the ROR we knew. Then all the sudden he's back to his normal self. I think he's just a notoriously slow starter. He was like that almost every year in Colorado too. I guess I need to learn not to freak out when he inevitably starts the season out slow... lol.

Watch the 1st goal.

Next time you're at the zoo watch the koalas.

It will be tough to determine if they are lazier than neck tattoo was on that goal. I didn't really think any of the others were on him.

I've kind of given up on him. Everytime we are playing a good game he gives up a sh it goal and an effort gets wasted. Imagine if we had a goalie that could steal us a few games now and then

He's always been pretty slow but he was quite good last year overall until he got sick/hurt. He's been horrible this entire year so far. He should regain form but nine games should be more than enough.

wonder if the illness, which was very serious apparently, is what is keeping him back as he is not fully back to game shape yet?

Tickets fro $9.50 on stubhub! Sabres On Fire!!!

The atmosphere at Sabre games is one of the worst in the league, and a lot of people in there in recent years were there not as hardcore hockey fans, but b/c it was something to do on a Tuesday night in Buffalo in January...or whatever.

That has now faded I guess if tickets cost beer money.

Most Sabre games in the last 5 years (?) have been remarkably boring.