Sabres & NHL 2017-18 - Entry Draft on June 22

Maybe I am wrong, but getting a close up look at the Sabres, as a Devils fan yesterday, your GM might have really let you down.

There doesn't seem to be much of a return on your team's "alleged" tanking to get better in the long run.

Eichel seems like a kid on an island, meaning, everything seems to fall on his shoulders without much help.

Kane is a top level talent too, but he has off ice issues and he used to be a guy that took shifts off. But he is a big timer.

The Sabres were supposed to be a contender in the East by now.

Obviously, it's WAY EARLY in the season, but what can you guys hang your hats on and is there going to be some dividends coming?

If the Sabres are still down, the Kane trade rumors are going to be flying like you won't believe.

That's like saying the Titanic had a small leak. Its not the losses, but damn they look awful

I had myself convinced that it was all Bylsma's fault.

My biggest problem was that after then 4th NJ goal (4-1 in the second period) they visably quit on the game. There was still plenty of time left in the game, but I saw a noticeable drop in effort in their own zone. The fans in attendance seemed to pick up on it too as the boo's started. Lack of heart this early in the season is really concerning.

While I think Eichel can and needs to do more, I'd say others are having much worse starts. O'Reilly, Risto, and Sam have been simply awful. Talk to a lot of Sabres fans and you'd think Risto was an elite top pair guy, but I just don't see it.

Also, while they have been completely screwed by their own teammates in front of them, our goaltenders are terrible.

Larsson looked like he was injured, or sick, or just didn't care.

Maybe I am wrong, but getting a close up look at the Sabres, as a Devils fan yesterday, your GM might have really let you down.

There doesn't seem to be much of a return on your team's "alleged" tanking to get better in the long run.

Eichel seems like a kid on an island, meaning, everything seems to fall on his shoulders without much help.

Kane is a top level talent too, but he has off ice issues and he used to be a guy that took shifts off. But he is a big timer.

Obviously, it's WAY EARLY in the season, but what can you guys hang your hats on and is there going to be some dividends coming?

If the Sabres are still down, the Kane trade rumors are going to be flying like you won't believe.

Since you are a Devils fan you probably don't know the tank GM and coach were fired. We have new ones now and half the roster turned over from last season.

P.S. Kane hasn't had an issue in three seasons. I think we've moved past that narrative.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Since you are a Devils fan you probably don't know the tank GM and coach were fired. We have new ones now and half the roster turned over from last season.

P.S. Kane hasn't had an issue in three seasons. I think we've moved past that narrative.

He had issues last year.

That's like saying the Titanic had a small leak. Its not the losses, but damn they look awful

Interesting that the expansion VGK were 2-0-0 heading into their home opener tonight with them currently leading ARZ 4-1. :cry:

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

My biggest problem was that after then 4th NJ goal (4-1 in the second period) they visably quit on the game. There was still plenty of time left in the game, but I saw a noticeable drop in effort in their own zone. The fans in attendance seemed to pick up on it too as the boo's started. Lack of heart this early in the season is really concerning.

While I think Eichel can and needs to do more, I'd say others are having much worse starts. O'Reilly, Risto, and Sam have been simply awful. Talk to a lot of Sabres fans and you'd think Risto was an elite top pair guy, but I just don't see it.

Also, while they have been completely screwed by their own teammates in front of them, our goaltenders are terrible.

You can say that again!

Overall your analysis is pretty fair and pretty accurate.

The Kane rumors have already been swirling for a long time; word on the street was we couldn't enough in return so he has stayed on the team; now he is playing like the best player on the ice so we have to see how that unfolds.

Tim Murray made a few big mistakes and really did not put the solid foundation in place we needed at a critical point in time; there are still more young pieces coming up the ladder though...

Overall, I think the jury is still very much out as to how this is all going to play out.

@JourdonLaBarber

New #SabresNHL_2017_2018_Buff_Sabres.png lines at practice:

Girgensons-Eichel-Pominville

Kane-O'Reilly-Okposo

Pouliot-Larsson-Reinhart

Griffith-Josefson-Nolan

Scandella-Risto

Beaulieu-Tennyson

McCabe-Gorges

Antipin & Moulson skating as a pair as well.

New units on the power play as well:

Unit 1: Eichel-Kane-Pominville-O'Reilly-Ristolainen

Unit 2: Griffith-Okposo-Pouliot-Beaulieu-Tennyson

Edited by 26CornerBlitz