Gillislee on the Patriot Way

stuvian

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. They get all geeked-up that they "stole" a player from us and then they're gone a couple years later.

I think Hogan is on the bubble this year.....not in the bubble....

Edited by JoeF

I find it funny that people are calling the Bills the Cheaters' farm team. They could win without (overpaying) all these guys.

I will say that Gilmore looks like a big loss. Hopefully White proves to be as good in time.

And for those who think the Bills are spending too much on Shady, they're paying their (top 4) RB's a combined $11.7M.

As to your second statement, I believe if White is the player everyone is saying he is then it'll be an upgrade over Gilmore in the long run. They stated he was a leader at LSU, something Gilmore was never claimed to be or established during his tenure here.

I thought Gilmore was a good player and even stated he was more of a priority than Woods in off season, but, I also always thought Gilmore was more a "ME" than "WE" type of guy. I could be reading into it a little but it's how I saw things with Gilly.

I've been waiting on an article such as this. And you know what? It's 100% spot on. These guys know better than anybody. I'm taking them at their word. Hopefully McD gets us to be more accountable and work harder in practice. He needs to raise the expectation level too.

As to your second statement, I believe if White is the player everyone is saying he is then it'll be an upgrade over Gilmore in the long run. They stated he was a leader at LSU, something Gilmore was never claimed to be or established during his tenure here.

I thought Gilmore was a good player and even stated he was more of a priority than Woods in off season, but, I also always thought Gilmore was more a "ME" than "WE" type of guy. I could be reading into it a little but it's how I saw things with Gilly.

Gilmore was a good player but never lived up to his draft status. That he never even made a Pro Bowl in his time in Buffalo backs that up.

And I think the scheme will help hide some flaws in the secondary. But time will tell.

I find it funny that people are calling the Bills the Cheaters' farm team. They could win without (overpaying) all these guys.

I will say that Gilmore looks like a big loss. Hopefully White proves to be as good in time.

And for those who think the Bills are spending too much on Shady, they're paying their (top 4) RB's a combined $11.7M.

4 players versus 1. What an equal comparison.

Gilmore was a good player but never lived up to his draft status. That he never even made a Pro Bowl in his time in Buffalo backs that up.

And I think the scheme will help hide some flaws in the secondary. But time will tell.

He was a Pro Bowler his final year here.

The Pro Bowl is a joke anyway. Gilmore was a top 10 CB in the NFL. Not sure what more you can reasonably expect from a first rounder besides top 10 at a premium position. He probably won't make the HoF though. Shaq Lawson and Tre White better prepare for this fan's expectations.

Edited by jmc12290

That's cool they see such a difference but that's also one reason Club Rex is no longer here. Doesn't seem as if it will be the case under McD. He preaches competition everywhere. Moving on.

...agree......the "OBD Wreck's Comedy Club" was a shameful embarrassment which had to take its toll on player attitudes.....thank God Cleveland bailed us out for "Mistake by the Lake" honors.....there's just something about the McD aroma as far as no nonsense and strictly "in the business of winning".....doubt Beane came on board because of cronyism......nor did multiple former VP's and Personnel Directors come on board as well......sure it's all "on paper" so far, but that "paper" says this young gun gang could rival the Polian days......stay tuned,,,,,,,,,,

Wonder if Gilmore will be calling it upbeat after he blows a coverage or doesn't make tackle, I mean, BB would not stand for that.

Clearly, Gilmore was the problem with this team last year. Not Rex's stupid overly complicated "scheme" or crappy Ss. Thank God he is gone!!!

And I hate him but Tom Brady is the Patriot Way. You have possibly the greatest qb of all time who is the hardest worker on the team. When you have that combination at the top, every thing falls in line. The Patriot Way BS doesn't exist if they had Blake Bortles or Jay Cutler as their qb.

Yet, the best team in the NFL gave him a monster deal. Whose opinion should I trust more - the Pats or bitter Bills fans (not particularly aimed at you Doc, you're a good dude)? But come on, Gilmore is a really good player.

4 players versus 1. What an equal comparison.

He was a Pro Bowler his final year here.

The Pro Bowl is a joke anyway. Gilmore was a top 10 CB in the NFL. Not sure what more you can reasonably expect from a first rounder besides top 10 at a premium position. He probably won't make the HoF though. Shaq Lawson and Tre White better prepare for this fan's expectations.

Yea, when any given year you tend to have about 2 corners off the board around the top ten picks, to be a top 5-10 corner seems to be living up to the pick.

....guess you can hate 'em all you want, but the elites stay elite because of a finely tuned football organization, with personnel decisions becoming a prime example.....and before the yipsters chime in, it is OBVIOUS that cheating has yield FIVE Lombardi's and FOURTEEN AFCE titles....no other explanation IMO............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

This article, imo, offered very little from a news standpoint. Beluchick is considered one of the best coaches of all time and Ryan is an idiot. There's the difference. Coaching has been the difference maker in the NFL for quite some time. NFL teams are pretty close from a talent standpoint. Coaching gets your team prepared and puts you in a position to win. Yeah, the Pats have Brady but they went 3 - 1 without him last year.

Coaching is huge, however, Belichick acoountability he places on the players is also very very huge. You dont make it very long on the Patriots team if you are selfish, not a team player, cause divides in the locker room, or arent reliable.

....and that is a HUGE component of their success.......and HIS parameters as far as Patriot employment are widely known.....do not waste his time if you do not think you can meet HIS standard... he rarely makes exceptions...I'd like to think that is the type of atmosphere McD is trying to build......

I've been waiting on an article such as this. And you know what? It's 100% spot on. These guys know better than anybody. I'm taking them at their word. Hopefully McD gets us to be more accountable and work harder in practice. He needs to raise the expectation level too.

I'm with you, Justice. Earlier in the spring there was a post about Gilmore going to the Pats, and I stated that is the first 5 minutes of his first OTA he's

going to realize he's "no longer in Kansas with Toto." But the article transcends beyond the weight room & practicing in fowl weather in June. It's the whole

attitude about believing you're good and taking NOTHING for granted! Thus you're expected to work hard in the wt room, practice hard in ALL weather, pay

attention to all details, study lots of film,and on, and on that is expected/demanded from BB on down. You see Pats games, and you don't see stupid penalties,

stupid clock management, guys losing their cool......This is all demanded from Bellicheck, every minute of every practice and game. The results speaks

for itself. For us over the last 17 years, look at the bungling from the front office down to coaching, players drafted, and beyond that.

....and that is a HUGE component of their success.......and HIS parameters as far as Patriot employment are widely known.....do not waste his time if you do not think you can meet HIS standard... he rarely makes exceptions...I'd like to think that is the type of atmosphere McD is trying to build......

I do as well. While it helps to have arguably the best qb that has ever touched a pigskin on your team, those little things like making all the meetings, taking notes, asking questions, passing your conditioning test on time so you can practice with your team, practicing in the elements to which you are going to play in, and getting your assignments correct every time play a very large part as to why they have very good w/l records and make it eady to plug and play players.

Coaching is huge, however, Belichick acoountability he places on the players is also very very huge. You dont make it very long on the Patriots team if you are selfish, not a team player, cause divides in the locker room, or arent reliable.

Is Belichick a really good coach? Yeah. Is he job a million times easier because he has the greatest player ever at the most important position in sports? Yeah.

It's like Phil Jackson. It's easier to hold your player's accountable when you have Jordan, Kobe, & Shaq. Not so easy when you have Carmelo.

Is Belichick a really good coach? Yeah. Is he job a million times easier because he has the greatest player ever at the most important position in sports? Yeah.

It's like Phil Jackson. It's easier to hold your player's accountable when you have Jordan, Kobe, & Shaq. Not so easy when you have Carmelo.

Belichick doesnt usually sign Carmelo like players and if he does they are on very short leases.