Any OSHA Experts?

I was always taught the car that did the rear ending is ALWAYS at fault. Huh....

And !@#$ that cheaper to pay than fight ****. It's not about the money sometimes. It's about not setting precedents for other idiots to point to.

This BS claims have basically broken the auto insurance market. That client went from $787K for their auto insurance to $1.4M this year.

There are lots of stories like that. You see all of those commercials, "hurt in a car..." or "if a big truck hits you, call me..." That's ruined the auto insurance for all of us. Do you know that there are companies financing litigation in these cases? https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.lawsuitfinancial.com/amp/auto-truck-suv-rollover-accidents.html

I was always taught the car that did the rear ending is ALWAYS at fault. Huh....

And !@#$ that cheaper to pay than fight ****. It's not about the money sometimes. It's about not setting precedents for other idiots to point to.

My father in law was a dentist for many decades. Toward the end of his career he was hit with his first and only lawsuit. His malpractice insurer insisted it was just easier to settle. This deeply hurt my FIL who wanted to prove he had done nothing wrong, and together with some health issues lead to an earlier retirement.

So now there will be regulations that will require audio warnings all over?

"Warning hole ahead!"

"Caution telephone pole!"

"Warning dog **** on sidewalk!"

you forgot that they will also have to be in 50 different languages

A temporary perimeter. She would have tripped into that?

I would think there would be an OSHA reg when starting a job in a pedestrian walkway with regards to open pits.

Not too crazy. A few cones and safety chain a few feet away and around the pedestrian walkway? Trip into that. Better than taking a nosedive down six feet.

well it's possible that the company will get fined anyways, no matter if she fell or not just because they didn't have the proper barricading in place which in some regulations would have required a rope or chain around the area. Although i cant recall from the course i was just on but 6feet may not require an additional barrier, for some reason I am thinking it's 8-10 feet drop requires the additional height safety requirements

True story, I was in Huntsville Alabama and went to see the US Space & Rocket Center. They had a group of blind kids there touring the center. A lot of them did have phones, but to use them they were holding them literally inches from their face. Watching the video I don't see where she could be called legally blind either.

It is true that blind or legally blind doesn't mean you can't see anything, most of the time it's just limited vision. Although most still have some assistance getting around, I question this woman with no cane and the ability to walk while watching her phone at a reasonable distance.

How hard is it to set up a perimeter around a manhole albeit the pit doors.

I know... Dumbazz but who expects a pit to be open on a sidewalk, not even the Roadrunner pulling off a sweet gag on this guy, Wile E. Coyote:

Roadrunner.jpg

You can see, pit doors not high enough to serve as "protection"...or was it she was too fat and too heavy. She almost caught herself.

Wouldn't have broken the bank, taken more than 30 seconds to mark site with a caution cone a few feet ahead in walkway. She would gave plowed into that.

Everybody's situational awareness is different. I know, her's is low. But they are working in a deep pit, 6', on a public sidewalk. It's deep enough to kill. Pit doors are same color as sidewalk too. Why not high visabilty perimeter?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I know... Dumbazz but who expects a pit to be open on a sidewalk, not even the Roadrunner pulling off a sweet gag on this guy, Wile E. Coyote:

Roadrunner.jpg

You can see, pit doors not high enough to serve as "protection"...or was it she was too fat and too heavy. She almost caught herself.

Wouldn't have broken the bank, taken more than 30 seconds to mark site with a caution cone a few feet ahead in walkway. She would gave plowed into that.

Everybody's situational awareness is different. I know, her's is low. But they are working in a deep pit, 6', on a public sidewalk. It's deep enough to kill. Pit doors are same color as sidewalk too. Why not high visabilty perimeter?

Oh just stop. This is the perfect slippery slope scenario.

In particular, the situational awareness of total idiots paying no attention to their surroundings is wildly different. I don't think a "high-visibility perimeter" is going to help prevent completely oblivious people from being completely oblivious.

You could have posted fireworks, flashing lights, sirens, and large barking dogs at that hole, and that lady still likely would have walked right in. You can't protect people from their own stupidity all the time.

The winner here is the vendor selling those orange cones they put behind every service vehicle in the country. Just to be sure you don't walk or drive into the large, stationary vehicle in front of you. Wasn't that enough of a clue? What's next, sue because they tripped over the cone?

Oh, and I found The King of Torts a fun read (Grisham, but I tend to like all his stuff). Yes, it's fiction, but it's an interesting read. Kind of on topic here...

Edited by Augie

I've walked past open sidewalk doors hundreds of times in NYC, never once seen a 'safety perimeter'.

But being legally blind and using a phone is certainly a possibility. Without glasses/contacts I see the phone fine but can't see distance for ****. Total opposite if I put them on.

Roadrunner.jpg

do we need to retard proof the world to keep people from being so stupid they hurt themselves?!

truly unpossible to do this to protect the stupid who should not even be alive because their stupid.

darwin has theories about women like her. darwin was samrt.

do we need to retard proof the world to keep people from being so stupid they hurt themselves?!

truly unpossible to do this to protect the stupid who should not even be alive because their stupid.

darwin has theories about women like her. darwin was samrt.

If that was the case, we'd save a heck of a lot of $$$ funding the Coast Guard and they wouldn't exist.

Sorry... The Sunday stupidity on Marine 16 is getting to me.

On the scale of 1-10 from easiest to hardest, this is a 1 to accomplish.

If that was the case, we'd save a heck of a lot of $$$ funding the Coast Guard and they wouldn't exist.

Sorry... The Sunday stupidity on Marine 16 is getting to me.

On the scale of 1-10 from easiest to hardest, this is a 1 to accomplish.

jibberish is jibberish.