Saudi soccer team refuse to honor London victims

I don't advocate people be outraged over this. Just to look at it for what it is: evidence that the out house of Saud are not our friends and never will be. We should stop pretending otherwise. And we certainly shouldn't be selling them $100b in arms and munitions to a group of royals who oppress their people and use their proxies (and the weapons we give them) to attack the west in acts of cowardice and butchery.

The Sauds have sponsored more terrorist attacks that have targeted the west in the past 16 years of the War on Terror than any other Gulf nation - including Hamas and Iran.

Let's end the charade.

What does a bunch of dumb jocks have to do with the house of Saud?

Fact.

I would argue that Iran is a known enemy and treated as such. It's far more dangerous to pretend that someone is your friend when they clearly are anything but, which is how we treat the Sauds.

I would also point out that since the war on terror started, now almost two decades ago, Hamas and Iran (while still enemies) have been lapped by the Saudis in terms of funding terrorist attacks that target the west.

So it might be time to rethink that assessment.

Edited by Deranged Rhino

I would say that if I had to take a guess, the populace of Iran are much more sympathetic and kosher with Western culture ie. The US than the Saudi's. The difference is that leadership of each country is not inline and representative of their constituents.

I would say that if I had to take a guess, the populace of Iran are much more sympathetic and kosher with Western culture ie. The US than the Saudi's. The difference is that leadership of each country is not inline and representative of their constituents.

The bolded is the great irony of the matter of course. Iran is much more in line with the US on numerous issues, doubly so when compared to the backwaters of Saudi Arabia.

But blowback from meddling in people's free elections is a B word, and still biting the US decades after the fact.

The bolded is the great irony of the matter of course. Iran is much more in line with the US on numerous issues, doubly so when compared to the backwaters of Saudi Arabia.

But blowback from meddling in people's free elections is a B word, and still biting the US decades after the fact.

Thank goodness we had the Dulles brothers doing the bidding of Sullivan and Cromwell. It worked out so well. :rolleyes:

I would argue that Iran is a known enemy and treated as such. It's far more dangerous to pretend that someone is your friend when they clearly are anything but, which is how we treat the Sauds.

I would also point out that since the war on terror started, now almost two decades ago, Hamas and Iran (while still enemies) have been lapped by the Saudis in terms of funding terrorist attacks that target the west.

So it might be time to rethink that assessment.

Don't forget the destabilization of Syria, the oppression of Lebanon through hizbollah, the development of an illegal nuclear weapons program, aggression against American vessels in the gulf and taking American sailors hostage. But you're right, we're on the same page :lol: