Saudi soccer team refuse to honor London victims

http://deadspin.com/saudi-national-team-declines-to-participate-in-pregame-1795931033?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Before a match in Australia, a moment of silence was held in honor of London terrorist attack victims. They refused to take part.

For the FA Cup Final the silence was 100%, not even a cough.

Not even 70s-type hooligans screaming "you'll never make it to the station!!!" to the opposing fans during a minute's silence.

(I kinda miss that era...)

Soccer.

It's Soccer.

it's Saudi Arabia versus Australia.

Sadly the World Cup fixes it to its best efforts to make sure one of these teams will get to the quarter-finals...

I'll say it again, the Out-House of Saud is not the west's friends. The sooner we realize that the more stable the world will become.

Neither is the islamic republic of iran.

So maybe it's in our best interest that we have them sort out their issues...in any means possible,

I can (kind of) see their point of view.

What do you think we would do if they held a moment of silence for all those killed by the MOAB in afganistan.

I know it's not the same thing, but it does feel a little petty to do that knowing who they're playing against.

I can (kind of) see their point of view.

What do you think we would do if they held a moment of silence for all those killed by the MOAB in afganistan.

I know it's not the same thing, but it does feel a little petty to do that knowing who they're playing against.

What wouid we do? Show Dick some respect. That's what we'd do.

Thanks and all, but I think I'm gonna go find something else to be outraged about.

I don't advocate people be outraged over this. Just to look at it for what it is: evidence that the out house of Saud are not our friends and never will be. We should stop pretending otherwise. And we certainly shouldn't be selling them $100b in arms and munitions to a group of royals who oppress their people and use their proxies (and the weapons we give them) to attack the west in acts of cowardice and butchery.

The Sauds have sponsored more terrorist attacks that have targeted the west in the past 16 years of the War on Terror than any other Gulf nation - including Hamas and Iran.

Let's end the charade.

I don't advocate people be outraged over this. Just to look at it for what it is: evidence that the out house of Saud are not our friends and never will be. We should stop pretending otherwise. And we certainly shouldn't be selling them $100b in arms and munitions to a group of royals who oppress their people and use their proxies (and the weapons we give them) to attack the west in acts of cowardice and butchery.

The Sauds have sponsored more terrorist attacks that have targeted the west in the past 16 years of the War on Terror than any other Gulf nation - including Hamas and Iran.

Let's end the charade.

This I agree with. We are not on the same side.

I would have been more surprised if they had shown respect. It would have felt cheap and condescending.

We view them as terrorists. They view themselves as revolutionaries.

This I agree with. We are not on the same side.

I would have been more surprised if they had shown respect. It would have felt cheap and condescending.

We view them as terrorists. They view themselves as revolutionaries.

My problem is our State Department views them (publicly) as revolutionaries when they know they're not. They are our enemy.

But they're also the enemy of our enemy, which makes them useful to a certain sect of the MiC and USIC.

To me the enemy of my enemy must be my friend isn't a sane geopolitical philosophy. History shows it always leads to worse blowback than anticipated and more conflict rather than less.

There are no friends when it comes to foreign policy, only competing and overlapping interests.

Also, this is Saudi Arabia's rough equivalent of Jose Canseco. I'm hard pressed to give a !@#$ about these guys opinions.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker