Jonathan Williams DUI verdict: Not Guilty

@mikerodak

Bills RB Jonathan Williams was found not guilty today in Arkansas on a DUI charge related to his arrest last July, his attorney's office confirms. Williams, a fifth-round pick last season, was not at practice Thursday.

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is WEO to argue against this verdict?

I'll take a position that I know WEO would argue against: There was insufficient evidence to prove that he was legally drunk. He smartly didn't take the breath test so there is no proof of alcohol blood level. His sobriety test was somewhat shaky but we only saw a small portion of the three to four stage test. He was coherent and able to capably communicate and respond to the officers. Did the officers pull him over because he was driving erratically? Was he issued tickets? If the amount of alcohol he stated that he drank is accurate then there is an imprecise manner to compute how much alcohol it would take for someone of his size to be unofficially affected. I'm guessing that the amount he drank relative to his size didn't clearly indicate that he was beyond the limit.

Let's put this incidence in context from a justice standpoint. Because he didn't take the breath test his license was suspended for a period of time. If he was given tickets then that was a penalty for his driving. When all is said and done if you can't prove beyond a reason of a doubt then justice was served in this case. And one other point that relates to his character and intentions. As he stated the woman he was with was not in a condition to drive so he assumed that responsibility to take her out of jeopardy. That is an indication that he was aware of the drinking and driving concerns. My point being that he wasn't oblivious to that concern.

The moral of the story is that it is never wrong to seek legal counsel when in a legal situation.

how can you be drunk but not guilty of DUI? too funny. oh well, worked out well for us but driving drunk is bad

you are rich and famous enough to pay and lie your way out of it.

live and learn and don't do it again, before you kill 6 people and leave others in a wheel chair for life