James Comey's Testimony Before Congress

That's where the long game comes into play. If enough people vote for the 3rd party candidates/party they like, it will continue to build support to be formidable in future elections. Most everyone who voted for Johnson or Stein did it with an eye for the future.

Yeah. I voted Johnson and he couldn't spell cat if you spotted him C A. Frustrating that the Libertarians couldn't field a more sober candidate last year.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New twist on "Pay to Play"

"Several legal experts told Reuters that Comey's testimony last week that Trump expected loyalty and told Comey he hoped he could drop an investigation of a former top aide could bolster obstruction of justice allegations against Trump."

You "pay" by vowing loyalty or you lose your job.

New twist on "Pay to Play"

"Several legal experts told Reuters that Comey's testimony last week that Trump expected loyalty and told Comey he hoped he could drop an investigation of a former top aide could bolster obstruction of justice allegations against Trump."

You "pay" by vowing loyalty or you lose your job.

Has anybody felt the brunt more in this crazy 2016 election than James Comey? Dealing with two deeply corrupt and dishonest candidates who have been controversial public figures for at least 25 years. Anybody who's been unfairly fired due to mistakes made by people higher up on the food chain despite working your a$$ off can relate to Comey. It leaves a sick feeling in your stomach that lessens over time but never goes away.

That's why Comey leaked those memos. That's why Mueller is going to go after Trump hard with the obstruction of justice charges (not Russian collusion) as the FBI's reputation is at stake in their eyes. The character smears of Comey and now Mueller by Trump and his sycophants only emboldens Mueller and his team's resolve. I sill don't think any charges will be brought directly against Trump, but their will be a cloud over his head for years.

I've been harping to the Democratic politicians (who I'm sure read this board regularly) to just let the Russia thing play itself out and focus solely on the reason a guy like Trump is president and why you're at your weakest point as far as positions in government go since the 1920's. Screaming "Russia, Russia, Russia" instead of figuring out why you lost to this guy is idiotic. Anyways, there's my rant.

Has anybody felt the brunt more in this crazy 2016 election than James Comey? Dealing with two deeply corrupt and dishonest candidates who have been controversial public figures for at least 25 years. Anybody who's been unfairly fired due to mistakes made by people higher up on the food chain despite working your a$$ off can relate to Comey. It leaves a sick feeling in your stomach that lessens over time but never goes away.

That's why Comey leaked those memos. That's why Mueller is going to go after Trump hard with the obstruction of justice charges (not Russian collusion) as the FBI's reputation is at stake in their eyes. The character smears of Comey and now Mueller by Trump and his sycophants only emboldens Mueller and his team's resolve. I sill don't think any charges will be brought directly against Trump, but their will be a cloud over his head for years.

I've been harping to the Democratic politicians (who I'm sure read this board regularly) to just let the Russia thing play itself out and focus solely on the reason a guy like Trump is president and why you're at your weakest point as far as positions in government go since the 1920's. Screaming "Russia, Russia, Russia" instead of figuring out why you lost to this guy is idiotic. Anyways, there's my rant.

I agree.

Yet, there is no reason to figure out why they lost. This is the swan song for the Republicans. A bulb grows brighter right before it burns out.

That's where the long game comes into play. If enough people vote for the 3rd party candidates/party they like, it will continue to build support to be formidable in future elections. Most everyone who voted for Johnson or Stein did it with an eye for the future.

Agree 100%. So in that sense, I see where my lack of casting a ballot was could be seen as an endorsement for the status quo. I get that.

But I need alternative candidates to be compelling. IMO, every alternative candidate fell short.

Agree 100%. So in that sense, I see where my lack of casting a ballot was could be seen as an endorsement for the status quo. I get that.

But I need alternative candidates to be compelling. IMO, every alternative candidate fell short.

Every candidate always falls short. They are human. You pick the one you most believe in.

Every candidate always falls short. They are human. You pick the one you most believe in.

I almost believed in Bernie sanders and wanted to.

But, my god intuition sucks when you're right and so let down.

I didn't believe in any of them. At all. For a myriad of reasons. The fact they were human (presumably), was the ONLY thing I could point to that made them an eligible candidate.

It may be true that the FBI is feeling hurt by Trump but to dismiss the Russia situation is to turn a blind eye at the obvious. It's not about losing the election (that's Trump narrative) but figuring out if this guy is compromised or not. Very serious allegation supported by lots of circumstantial evidence.

It may be true that the FBI is feeling hurt by Trump but to dismiss the Russia situation is to turn a blind eye at the obvious. It's not about losing the election (that's Trump narrative) but figuring out if this guy is compromised or not. Very serious allegation supported by lots of circumstantial evidence.

It's not just that he dismisses it, it's that he feels compelled to gloat about it. This is Russia we're talking about, after all. Never mind that he admitted on air that he fired Comey because of the Russia investigation, but to host two Russian diplomats, in the Oval Office while barring all Western media from the room, call the former highest official in your country's most prominent law enforcement agency a "nut job" and then to boast about how firing him eased the pressure? Many of us grew up during the Cold War and for me, this was beyond the pale. Just a complete disregard for the highest office in the land.

1. Has anybody felt the brunt more in this crazy 2016 election than James Comey? Dealing with two deeply corrupt and dishonest candidates who have been controversial public figures for at least 25 years.

2. Anybody who's been unfairly fired due to mistakes made by people higher up on the food chain despite working your a$$ off can relate to Comey. It leaves a sick feeling in your stomach that lessens over time but never goes away.

3. That's why Comey leaked those memos.

4. That's why Mueller is going to go after Trump hard with the obstruction of justice charges (not Russian collusion) as the FBI's reputation is at stake in their eyes. The character smears of Comey and now Mueller by Trump and his sycophants only emboldens Mueller and his team's resolve. I sill don't think any charges will be brought directly against Trump, but their will be a cloud over his head for years.

5. I've been harping to the Democratic politicians (who I'm sure read this board regularly) to just let the Russia thing play itself out and focus solely on the reason a guy like Trump is president and why you're at your weakest point as far as positions in government go since the 1920's. Screaming "Russia, Russia, Russia" instead of figuring out why you lost to this guy is idiotic. Anyways, there's my rant.

5. They still think it will work, because nobody will stop them. They can keep this crap up forever. Our press may be free but it takes sides.

4. LOL that they care about the reputation of the FBI. They care about their own personal ability to feel important. The people in the inner circle of Washington has mental health issues. Almost all of them.

3. He should have shut up and taken his firing. He went into the Hillary investigation with a "sterling reputation" and came out being exposed as the lap dog that he always was or certainly has become. His testimonies, whether on Clinton or Trump, are designed to maintain his own reputation which is basically the Titanic at this point. He needs to take his savings and retire. He seems like he be a nice neighbor and can probably offer good gardening advice but he might not even be decisive enough to plan where to put the tomatoes versus the green beans.

2. I have no doubt he has worked hard. IT's not like he can't find 1000 other jobs. He should have retired after his absurd and ridiculous national speech on why felonies shouldn't be prosecuted.

1. On this much we agree.

It's not just that he dismisses it, it's that he feels compelled to gloat about it. This is Russia we're talking about, after all. Never mind that he admitted on air that he fired Comey because of the Russia investigation, but to host two Russian diplomats, in the Oval Office while barring all Western media from the room, call the former highest official in your country's most prominent law enforcement agency a "nut job" and then to boast about how firing him eased the pressure? Many of us grew up during the Cold War and for me, this was beyond the pale. Just a complete disregard for the highest office in the land.

This is the same Russia that everyone mocked Mitt Romney about right? This included a sitting POTUS that cracked bad jokes about it, right? Or was that Prussia. It rhymes so I might be confused.

And I get the motivation for Trump to be connected to Russia: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ via iffy at best dealings. I'm not saying there has been evidence but I get the potential motive.

What I don't get is why the Dems all of a sudden hate Russia.

You talk about the Cold War. Is that the same Cold War where every Dem in sight wanted to bend over for Russia and called Reagan reckless for not bending? And what about political philosophies? Russia: Used to be commie. Still commie but faking that it isn't. Dems: Commies faking that they aren't for a long time now. They seem to line up pretty tightly. It's like the Dems are teenage girls and their boyfriend Putin just broke up with them and they think their friend saw his rusted out Camaro in Trump's parents driveway.

This is the same Russia that everyone mocked Mitt Romney about right? This included a sitting POTUS that cracked bad jokes about it, right? Or was that Prussia. It rhymes so I might be confused.

And I get the motivation for Trump to be connected to Russia: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ via iffy at best dealings. I'm not saying there has been evidence but I get the potential motive.

What I don't get is why the Dems all of a sudden hate Russia.

You talk about the Cold War. Is that the same Cold War where every Dem in sight wanted to bend over for Russia and called Reagan reckless for not bending? And what about political philosophies? Russia: Used to be commie. Still commie but faking that it isn't. Dems: Commies faking that they aren't for a long time now. They seem to line up pretty tightly. It's like the Dems are teenage girls and their boyfriend Putin just broke up with them and they think their friend saw his rusted out Camaro in Trump's parents driveway.

Everyone mocked Romney about Russia? Obama cracked jokes about Russia? Dems were feckless about Russia? Right. Obama's sanctions and Clinton's calling out of Putin for human rights abuses are most likely the chief reason Putin didn't want to see Clinton elected. She would have doubled down on sanctions vs. Trump having Flynn get on the phone and telling them not to sweat the sanctions and giving them back their luxury properties after the feckless sitting president took them away.

Trump's connections to Russia, money or otherwise is not the main issue I have with how he's talked about them and treated them.

Dems don't "all of a sudden" hate Russia; that is a bipartisan mistrust and weariness for most of the 17 years or so that Putin has been its dictator.

Back in the 80s, when I was still a practicing republican, I had plenty of democrat friends and family that saw them as the evil empire they were; again, a real bipartisan dislike for the USSR and its policies. As for the rest of your last sentence, it's absurd.

Edited by K-9

Yes, this episode was crazy. Then he showed them classified, secret information to the Russian ambassador who had been shown into the WH secretly! Yucking it up with these Putin toadies while he gets in fights with our allies.

Everyone mocked Romney about Russia? Obama cracked jokes about Russia? Dems were feckless about Russia? Right. Obama's sanctions and Clinton's calling out of Putin for human rights abuses are most likely the chief reason Putin didn't want to see Clinton elected. She would have doubled down on sanctions vs. Trump having Flynn get on the phone and telling them not to sweat the sanctions and giving them back their luxury properties after the feckless sitting president took them away.

Trump's connections to Russia, money or otherwise is not the main issue I have with how he's talked about them and treated them.

Dems don't "all of a sudden" hate Russia; that is a bipartisan mistrust and weariness for most of the 17 years or so that Putin has been its dictator.

Back in the 80s, when I was still a practicing republican, I had plenty of democrat friends and family that saw them as the evil empire they were; again, a real bipartisan dislike for the USSR and its policies. As for the rest of your last sentence, it's absurd.

Oh great, another reformed republican that has seen the light. Have fun competing with Baskin. Vagina fight!

Granted this clip is probably photo shopped:

Granted this clip is probably photo shopped:

Really? Are you inviting me to a tit for tat link posting contest in order to counter/support yours/mine viewpoints? How original. But a complete waste of time none the less. Find some other child to join down the rabbit hole.

Remimd me again who sold Russia 25% of America's uranium stockpile because of a massive donation to the Clinton Foundation

It took nine, count 'em NINE, federal agency heads to sign off on letting Russia buy a controlling stake in Uranium One and Russia still can't export any of it out of the US. Please acquaint yourself with the facts surrounding the deal.

In 2010, Hillary Clinton, as secretary of state, was one of nine federal agency heads to sign off on Russia’s purchase of a controlling stake in Uranium One, an international mining company headquartered in Canada with operations in several U.S. states. It was part of a regular process for approving international deals involving strategic assets, such as uranium, that could have implications for national security. Uranium One’s U.S. mines produced about 11 percent of the country’s total uranium production in 2014, according to Oilprice.com.

But even with its control of Uranium One, Russia cannot export the material from the United States. Russia was likely more interested in Uranium One’s assets in Kazakhstan, the world’s largest uranium producer.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2017/mar/28/fact-checking-donald-trumps-tweets-about-hillary-c/

Really? Are you inviting me to a tit for tat link posting contest in order to counter/support yours/mine viewpoints? How original. But a complete waste of time none the less. Find some other child to join down the rabbit hole.

You feigned ignorance about Obama cracking jokes and I posted a video of Obama cracking jokes. It wasn't tit for tat, it was a direct smack down case closed.

The Democrats were feckless as hell when it came to Russia. Prior to 2008, one of the pillars of the Bush administration’s foreign policy was closer ties with Eastern Europe. This included the controversial deployment of the US ABM system to Eastern Europe, and the addition of several Eastern European and Baltic states to NATO. These were rightfully seen as attempts to contain a resurgent Russia, and were viewed as direct threats by Russia itself.

In the summer of 2008, when South Ossetia and Abkhazia tried to break away from Georgia, Georgia responded militarily, leading to Russia invading Georgia. Before this, tensions between Russia and Georgia had been high enough that NATO countries were strongly considering the admission of Georgia and the Ukraine into NATO, again to further contain Russian expansionism. The invasion, prompted by both the Georgian attack on their breakaway provinces AND the threat of NATO membership being granted, was condemned world wide, including by the Bush administration, and led to significant decline in relations between the US and Russia, including economic sanctions against Russia.
One of the key foreign policy points that Obama ran on in the early fall of 2008 was to improve relations with Russia, believing that the Bush administration policies were irresponsible, and indeed that the Bush administration was responsible for the breakdown in relations. When Obama took office, this led to: the “reset” button, indicating the “reset” of relations to a more cordial and cooperative footing, the cancellation of the ABM system in Eastern Europe, and the cancellation of the sanctions imposed on Russia for the Georgian War by the Bush administration.
Notably, in response to that, and in violation of the cease-fire agreement, Russia did not withdraw from South Ossetia and Abkhazia. They did, however, annex the Crimea and invade Ukraine (not coincidentally, the other country being considered for NATO membership). And have undertaken military operations in Syria, in direct challenge to and at risk of military conflict with the US. And this, the Russians have done and continue to do despite the current regime of sanctions, which seriously calls in to question their effectiveness. And that, from the administration that once responded to observations that Russia was the top geopolitical foe of the US with the pithy statement “The 80's called, they want their foreign policy back.”
That's pretty much feckless as hell. And most of that was under Clinton's State Department. And it's all far more enabling towards Russla than anything Trump has so far done.