Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No not really ask me who is better for the Chiefs right now Smith or Mahomes. Then you can make it somewhat a comparison.

Woods was a very good WR for this team and very valuable with their Run first philosophy

No, rookies in the NFL are rookies. One's position on any NFL rookie is just as valid as another's on another rookie. You can't have this both ways to fit your agenda.

By that metric, any living safety would be an upgrade.

Hyde is also a good player.

Ask anyone here and anybody that follows football who's far superior in talent. Maclin or Barnidge. Come back at me with the responses. And include the ones that laugh at you and ones that ask if you're serious.

You're a joke

Well apparently you have a reading comprehension problem. Where did I ever say Barnidge is a superior player to Maclin?

Why don't you come back with those responses.

I said I lean towards Maclin as insurance in the event Watkins gets hurt again. Maclin has had his own injury concerns as well while barnidge has been relatively healthy. Money spent on Maclin could be spread around to multiple players including TE.

However, some people look at a name guy and say I heard of him and he helped my fantasy team years ago so he must be great. There is a reason Chiefs cut him as the production he gave didn't match his contract. If he was instrumental to the team they could have restructured. it is not like the Chiefs have an all star WR core to begin with.

Edited by billieve420

Hyde is also a good player.

Yes, but he's not better, on paper, than the 2016 on-paper version of Aaron Williams. So, as I said, last year they needed 1 safety. This year they need 1 safety. The player they have is a reasonable starter. The second safety is hot garbage. All of the depth is the bacteria feeding on said hot garbage. Same situation as last year. Safety has not been upgraded.

Nope because no where did i say Mahomes should start over Smith and Makes them better did it. Unlike the hope and dreams that a Rookie is an upgrade at WR over Woods never playing one snap.

Ooo and hurt on top of that

So let's say we had woods instead of zay jones how many more games would we win

Yes, but he's not better, on paper, than the 2016 on-paper version of Aaron Williams. So, as I said, last year they needed 1 safety. This year they need 1 safety. The player they have is a reasonable starter. The second safety is hot garbage. All of the depth is the bacteria feeding on said hot garbage. Same situation as last year. Safety has not been upgraded.

If McDermott can make a decent safety out of Kurt Coleman, he can probably do it with Poyer.

Eh, I mean we already got rid of AW.

Really, this is an extension of the Jones/Woods argument. Can you legitimately say the Bills upgraded at WR by letting Woods go and drafting Jones? I'd argue not. The 3rd WR is still, as of today right here in the Jeremy Maclin freaking thread, a problem. If you sign Woods AND draft Jones now your #3 WR is a better player and you have upgraded the WR position. In order to upgrade a position you have to push better players down the depth chart, not just churn. We are not better at CB, we are not better at S, we are not better at WR. We are different, different is not necessarily better and we are certainly not any deeper at those positions.

Bringing it back to the thread, signing Maclin WOULD, however, upgrade the WR position as it would push a better WR to the 3 and thus the 4 and 5 slots.

The stats are beautiful. Not even kidding.

If he could do it when it mattered most, we'd be talking about a great QB.

If he could play 12 games/year the way he played vs. Seattle, we'd have our guy. Unfortunately, he plays ~2 of those games/year.

I just don't think adding Maclin makes this team a lot better - even though he's a great WR.

This isn't all about Tyrod. I don't think the defense will be any better than last year. I know that the Ryan Bros. being gone helps, but they let some on-field talent go, too. New system, new players. If the offense does their lightening-speed 3 and outs like they have for the past two seasons, the defense will be screwed, anyway.

My bottom line is that Maclin would make sense if the price was right to land him for a few years and he was young enough to still be an impact player in 2019 or 2020.

Maclin is more of a "win now" pickup, and the Bills simply aren't ready to win now, in my opinion. For lots of reasons ... not just the QB.

You really think this is a good thing?

Yes, no, it doesn't matter what I think. That's just the reality of the situation.

Really, this is an extension of the Jones/Woods argument. Can you legitimately say the Bills upgraded at WR by letting Woods go and drafting Jones? I'd argue not. The 3rd WR is still, as of today right here in the Jeremy Maclin freaking thread, a problem. If you sign Woods AND draft Jones now your #3 WR is a better player and you have upgraded the WR position. In order to upgrade a position you have to push better players down the depth chart, not just churn. We are not better at CB, we are not better at S, we are not better at WR. We are different, different is not necessarily better and we are certainly not any deeper at those positions.

Bringing it back to the thread, signing Maclin WOULD, however, upgrade the WR position as it would push a better WR to the 3 and thus the 4 and 5 slots.

absolutely. and i am in the school of thought that is always a good move.

Maclin has another feature that might be underrated. Vet presence for Sammy and Zay.

If McDermott can make a decent safety out of Kurt Coleman, he can probably do it with Poyer.

I watched McDermott first hand with the Eagles when he took a really talented defense and couldn't do a thing with it. He was an absolute disaster. I'm not yet ready to anoint his player improvement skills to the point where we can comfortably sign any old guy and trust that McDermott and the Power of Christ will make them an effective player.

You made a joke about any living safety being better, and I was just noting that both of our safeties are more alive than AW. I really worry about that dude trying to get back on the field.

You made a joke about any living safety being better, and I was just noting that both of our safeties are more alive than AW. I really worry about that dude trying to get back on the field.

Bills should have never cleared him medically last year. That was wishful thinking at best and they're lucky he's walking.