Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

like I said, it is JUNE.

I'll save any criticism, if any, for after the preseason and the roster is set.

Yeah but both those guys are the best WRs available the rest of the offseason. We really needed to get one of them.

Maclin is just being smart. The Ravens really don't need him. Decker for less fits them better. If they sign Maclin I think they release Wallace who would fit the exact same role for Bills that Maclin would. The Bills don't really need a guy that's going to catch 80-1100-10 although obviously everyone and every team wants that. Maclins not going to do that. The Bills need a serious fast veteran threat on the outside to take pressure off Sammy and allow the rookie Zay to play slot and reduce pressure to put up numbers and beat starting corners outside.

I still think we get Maclin, and the Ravens get Decker, we just will pay a little more because Maclin did what his agent wanted him to do, and what WR coaches want him to do, play this out til the whistle.

If this goes one another 6 hours I'm going to starting citing some of my inside sources. The majority of those sources can be found at the bottle of my beer bottles.

I thought he would sign a one year prove it deal with his recent injury history. If he gets a deal similar to Woods then I say good luck to him wherever he ends up. He is better than Woods but with his wear and tear and recent history I'm not signing either one of those contracts.

Hopefully the deal is still good if he does come back though and the bills don't try to give him something less. I don't think they would but could happen.

What odds are you putting up?

True, but there is usually a good bit of transparency. The Bills know that he has leverage by going to Baltimore just like he knows that they can turn their attention elsewhere. You try not to do spiteful things like pull an offer for no reason because it doesn't help in future negotiations with agents, FA, etc... if you deal in good faith, on both sides, it works best for everyone. I would bet that the Bills offer is on the table. It's up to Baltimore to present him with a package (not just money) that he deems equal or better to the Bills package.

So much for McCoy being such a great recruiter. He couldn't even get his close friend to sign with the Bills.

I worry McCoy overly complicated things. By being so public with everything and getting fans hopes up - Tom Condon probably felt he had the upper hand and as such, came in high.

Furthermore, I could see a scenario where Brandon Beane felt he needed to show Shady that he's not in charge after making the posts he made on IG.

I feel as though it's all a moot point now. The release of Dennis Pitta today was done to clear cap space. And I expect Jeremy Maclin to be a Raven by this time tomorrow.

If this goes one another 6 hours I'm going to starting citing some of my inside sources. The majority of those sources can be found at the bottle of my beer bottles.

I thought he would sign a one year prove it deal with his recent injury history. If he gets a deal similar to Woods then I say good luck to him wherever he ends up. He is better than Woods but with his wear and tear and recent history I'm not signing either one of those contracts.

The greeter at Wal-mart has always been right.

I read that Baltimore only has 3 mil in cap space. How can they swing a deal for both guys? Maybe they will try to leverage one against the other to keep the money down. I like Maclin a lot more than Decker.

In which case both guys would likely go to another team that would offer them more money. Not like we haven't gotten guys to come here for a bunch of money.

True, but there is usually a good bit of transparency. The Bills know that he has leverage by going to Baltimore just like he knows that they can turn their attention elsewhere. You try not to do spiteful things like pull an offer for no reason because it doesn't help in future negotiations with agents, FA, etc... if you deal in good faith, on both sides, it works best for everyone. I would bet that the Bills offer is on the table. It's up to Baltimore to present him with a package (not just money) that he deems equal or better to the Bills package.

Agreed again. Offer is likely to be good for 48 hours or until the Baltimore visit is finished assuming he doesn't have any more visits.

Maclin is just being smart. The Ravens really don't need him. Decker for less fits them better. If they sign Maclin I think they release Wallace who would fit the exact same role for Bills that Maclin would. The Bills don't really need a guy that's going to catch 80-1100-10 although obviously everyone and every team wants that. Maclins not going to do that. The Bills need a serious fast veteran threat on the outside to take pressure off Sammy and allow the rookie Zay to play slot and reduce pressure to put up numbers and beat starting corners outside.

I still think we get Maclin, and the Ravens get Decker, we just will pay a little more because Maclin did what his agent wanted him to do, and what WR coaches want him to do, play this out til the whistle.

agreed. I said from the beginning that there was no way his agent would want him to only go on one visit.