Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, we know dude, we're dooooomed. You just keep on picking those nits, one of these days you'll be right about it all...

Never said we're doomed...don't think we are....Beane/McD just have some learning to do. If I had to bet my guess is that they will learn. There is no way to spin the Maclin story into one that looks like something an experienced GM would have let happen.

When I used the phrase "Cuz Rex Sux" a lot of people got angry, but Rex Sux.

When I called our coach Greggo Marrone people got angry. It was accurate.

Saying this was a rookie mistake by a GM is in fact accurate. I'm not saying he couldn't have made the right decision on Maclin. Maybe he didn't want to overpay him or something else. Fine. But to allow the story to spin up the fan base by use of the team website and have nothing to show for it? Dumb.

Never said we're doomed...don't think we are....Beane/McD just have some learning to do. If I had to bet my guess is that they will learn. There is no way to spin the Maclin story into one that looks like something an experienced GM would have let happen.

When I used the phrase "Cuz Rex Sux" a lot of people got angry, but Rex Sux.

When I called our coach Greggo Marrone people got angry. It was accurate.

Saying this was a rookie mistake by a GM is in fact accurate. I'm not saying he couldn't have made the right decision on Maclin. Maybe he didn't want to overpay him or something else. Fine. But to allow the story to spin up the fan base by use of the team website and have nothing to show for it? Dumb.

It is in fact, an opinion.

Im listening...

Not much to it really.

I have plenty of chuck steak, so I'll cut up a 2-lb steak and use that.

Melt some butter and sweat down some onions and garlic, toss in the chuck and season liberally with salt/pepper before browning.

Then I'll add in some bell pepper, beans, diced tomatoes, chili powder (probably plain red and ancho--my 4-year olds eat it so I can't go spicy like I'd like to), cumin, coriander, and oregano. Top it off with homemade beef stock and tomato paste and bring to a boil.

After an hour or two of simmering, I'll give it a taste test, re-season as necessary, and check the beef for tenderness. Once it's good, I'll add a masa/water mixture and cook another 20-30 minutes to thicken.

Pretty standard I'd imagine.

Still in Buffalo.

The negotiation game with Condon is strong. Even called in favor from Adam.

Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo)

6/7/17, 1:08 PM

Jeremy Maclin's visit to the Ravens is on, as @AdamSchefter said. Source says he leaves Buffalo later today.

FWIW, the last couple times I've been home we've gone to Ristorante Lombardo - that place is banging! Great food, they make a fine cocktail, good ambience, awesome staff and really nice owners, all one could want in a restaurant.

And it's right near Terrapin Station if you need to re-up on any tie-dye or incense!

OK, I'm hungry now - either sign Maclin, or let's all break for dinner...

Fantastic restaurant and dining experience Edited by Kirby Jackson

But to allow the story to spin up the fan base by use of the team website and have nothing to show for it? Dumb.

I'll agree with this part of your post, to a point. These days you can't host a high profile FA and keep it quiet.

Between Beane, Gaine and Hickey, there's a fair amount of experience in that room.

I totally want Maclin and think on paper that he would be great across from Sammy.

But is anyone slightly worried that 2 teams who have bad wr situations, KC and Philly (their group of WRs might have been worse than Buffalo's last year) have said thanks but no thanks on him in the last 3 years?

Personally, I think it is a pretty low risk signing but I wonder if there's more to the story.

Fantastic restaurant and dining experience

Played hockey with one of the sons. I've been there since I was a kid though. Will have to try it some time in the future. So many good restaurants in Buffalo.

I totally want Maclin and think on paper that he would be great across from Sammy.

But is anyone slightly worried that 2 teams who have bad wr situations, KC and Philly (their group of WRs might have been worse than Buffalo's last year) have said thanks but no thanks on him in the last 3 years?

Personally, I think it is a pretty low risk signing but I wonder if there's more to the story.

Have you not been following why KC released him? They literally didn't have enough space to sign their rookie draft picks.

As far as Maclin and the Eagles, that was all Chip Kelly. Maclin said Kelly never called him when he was a FA.

It is in fact, an opinion.

How would one arrive at the opinion that advertising your inner workings on your official web site without knowing how things will work out is something an experienced GM would do? Your star running back looks incompetent and your fan base gets worked into a tizzy and then the guy leaves. Why would an experienced GM do something like that?

If nobody can arrive at that opinion, which I think is pretty much impossible, then what I said is not an opinion.

Not much to it really.

Melt some butter and sweat down some onions and garlic, toss in the chuck and season liberally with salt/pepper before browning.

Then I'll add in some bell pepper, beans, diced tomatoes, chili powder (probably plain red and ancho--my 4-year olds eat it so I can't go spicy like I'd like to), cumin, coriander, and oregano. Top it off with homemade beef stock and tomato paste and bring to a boil.

After an hour or two of simmering, I'll give it a taste test, re-season as necessary, and check the beef for tenderness. Once it's good, I'll add a masa/water mixture and cook another 20-30 minutes to thicken.

I love that I can get a steak chili recipe in a Maclin thread. That sounds awesome and I def will try that.

And if the Bills sign Him, he will be known as Steak Chilli to me.

Not much to it really.

Lightly flour the steak cubes before you sauté them.

Don't know when youo were here last but there are a few now that are awesome.

yep. Rochester has the best Tortas ever.

Fast food mexican, is fast food

BTW i will recommend a tiny little Family owned Taqueria hidden in East Rochester named Guacamole .

Those attending St John this season should be sure to stop in

Have you not been following why KC released him? They literally didn't have enough space to sign their rookie draft picks.

As far as Maclin and the Eagles, that was all Chip Kelly. Maclin said Kelly never called him when he was a FA.

There's other players they could have cut. I believe it is low risk. But maybe, he's not the same guy he was a couple of years ago. But that could be fine for a number 2 wr.

Still in Buffalo.

The negotiation game with Condon is strong. Even called in favor from Adam.

Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo)

6/7/17, 1:08 PM

Jeremy Maclin's visit to the Ravens is on, as @AdamSchefter said. Source says he leaves Buffalo later today.

This tweet was before the Josina tweet FWIW