Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some other team will offer more than 1 year

I doubt other teams will offer fully guaranteed or close to it. Maclin has been injury prone. Pegula is rich, what does he care. They should sell him on have 1 good year for us and then get the big contract. Worked for Incognito and Alexander in recent memory

OMG. Who right now is better than Woods.

Sammy = Sammy. So who is better at No2 right now.

If you cant answer then WR< than last year on paper. See how that works

On paper, there's no one who you can say definitively is better than Woods.

In reality, how smart was it for Bills to count on Goodwin & Salas as the # 3 & 4? So, on paper, the Bills' WRs are deeper at the start of the season because the guys they picked up don't have the same lingering injury issues that the '16 cast had.

Holmes > Goodwin

Streeter > Salas

Zay is the wild card because he's a rookie, but again on paper he's > Goodwin, Hunter & Salas.

Maclin would certainly improve that paper trade.

2 games dont make a career.

And yes i do blame the defense too

15-14. He's had a few nice games. Better defense and that win total would be higher. Strong running game, a QB to manage the offense and limits turnovers, and a strong defense. Guess which one failed.

I am fine. Sign him i am good with it. He is a good WR. However still not a playoff team.

Bobby you watched the wrong team last year. Everyone knows defense and coaching kept us out of the playoffs. Could offense have been better, yes. Are we a Super Bowl contender this year, probably not. Maclin should help the passing game and the rest falls on McDermott and crew.

No one can really argue with what I just said but I'm sure you'll find a way

15-14. He's had a few nice games. Better defense and that win total would be higher. Strong running game, a QB to manage the offense and limits turnovers, and a strong defense. Guess which one failed.

Better play and that win total was higher.

And yes the defense also won him some games too. He is an AVg at best QB. Cool. He wont win you championships. But guess i have to live with his AVG play one more year.

Bobby you watched the wrong team last year. Everyone knows defense and coaching kept us out of the playoffs. Could offense have been better, yes. Are we a Super Bowl contender this year, probably not. Maclin should help the passing game and the rest falls on McDermott and crew.

Better defense and the Bills , not Miami would have been the WC. probably get beat bad in Pittsburg, but so what.

He isn't wrong about Tyrod. The inherent problems with him as a QB are and will be there again.

But I think he is wrong about a 4 win total... JMO

Yes coaching ans Defense and QB play did.

So we upgraded Coaching and pushed at best at Defense and QB.

Now add in the much harder schedule it is at best a 6 win team. So does Maclin change that? If not than keep the space and roll it into next year. (ASSET MANAGEMENT)

So you don't get a very good player to help one of those weaker positions?

For what? Another win? It's a waste of money at this juncture.

And John - I never said we had a "few" areas that need improvement.

There isn't an area on this team where we DON'T need improvement.

An upgrade over Robert Woods isn't turning the Bills around, guys. We're talking about a #2 receiver and we don't even have a QB who will be able to find/hit him.

Why is this so &#33;@#&#036;ing difficult?

He isn't wrong about Tyrod. The inherent problems with him as a QB are and will be there again.

But I think he is wrong about a 4 win total... JMO

I upgrade to 6 wins because of the better coaching staff

Better play and that win total was higher.

And yes the defense also won him some games too. He is an AVg at best QB. Cool. He wont win you championships. But guess i have to live with his AVG play one more year.

HOF and elite QBs are very difficult to find. TT is the best we have had in a long time. You work with him until better comes along, unless you know of a special at the corner store on these types of QBs.

For what? Another win? It's a waste of money at this juncture.

And John - I never said we had a "few" areas that need improvement.

There isn't an area on this team where we DON'T need improvement.

An upgrade over Robert Woods isn't turning the Bills around, guys. We're talking about a #2 receiver and we don't even have a QB who will be able to find/hit him.

Why is this so !@#$ing difficult?

Its because people want to hold hope this is a playoff team its not