Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

When you hijack ANOTHER thread with your personal agenda, expect an argument or two.

Another thread really. Hmmm havent posted really in months.

But people in this thread are talking about how good this team is. Well its not. So i pointed that out

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not better than last year. Sorry

D Backs < last year

LB < Last year

RB older

OL = same

QB = same

WR < last year

DL = same

Tell me how they are better again with a much tougher schedule

Got it. Cant formulate an argument to his tape so deflect

Disagree: WR, we are better with 2nd round pick, DB we are about same with 1st round pick, OL we are better with top OL guy we drafted. K, we are much better. DL and LB will be better with new defense installed back to our old 4-3 that they were better suited for. QB has to be better with another year's experience and better WR crew, especially after we sign Macklin.

@SalSports

NFL Network's @MikeGarafolo says he expects 4-5 serious contenders for Jeremy Maclin and "the Bills' draw will be tempting for him."

@MikeGarafolo

Mike Garafolo Retweeted Sal Capaccio

The situation will start to clarify itself today. B/c he was cut so late on Fri, he'll be on today's wire, which officially makes him free.

He really should go to a contender. Unless we overpay

This is just my two, but if we get Maclin I'm on the hype train for the playoffs this year. Our WR group will be the strongest it has been in a decade. The defense will be better as the players are suited for a 4-3. The LB group is better especially with the signing of Hodges. The only thing that is the unknown here is the Secondary if you ask me. How will they fare in coverage? But if the guys up front are getting after the QB like they did 3 years ago then the DB's won't have to cover as long. I REALLY hope we can get this done and somehow still get Barnidge under contract as well.

Edited by H2o

Could be but I'm thinking 5 or 6. The team is pretty good imo other than quarterback.

Granted TT is no Tom Brady, But he's not EJ or JP Losman either. He's better than he's perceived by the fan base

Disagree: WR, we are better with 2nd round pick, DB we are about same with 1st round pick, OL we are better with top OL guy we drafted. K, we are much better. DL and LB will be better with new defense installed back to our old 4-3 that they were better suited for. QB has to be better with another year's experience and better WR crew, especially after we sign Macklin.

So saying better losing a proven NFL Pro over a unknown 2nd round pick

Same because lost a top end CB and replaced with unknown 1st round pick

How do we know Dawkins as a rookie is better than Mills.

LBers (3-4 lbers by they way going to be better in a 4-3 hmmm optimistic much)

Kicker we are better though.

Easy

LBer = Lost Brown replaced him with what? Also now have LORAX playing what?

Safeties still Suck. Hyde essentially just replaces Williams SS is still horrible

WR have what again Sammy and what? Rookies and unknowns

This team is much worse that last year with Talent on the field

I'm done arguing with you on this guy - its easier to just ignore you.

Its not better than last year. Sorry

D Backs < last year

LB < Last year

RB older

OL = same

QB = same

WR < last year

DL = same

Tell me how they are better again with a much tougher schedule

Got it. Cant formulate an argument to his tape so deflect

Dbs improved overall as a whole got younger and more versitle at safety and Gilmore is better then white but zone scheme helps cbs

Lbs Zach brown and Hodges's are very similar I feel this will be a wash and bring back a healthy Ragland improvement

Rb fell off as of right now backups might match MG production

But I would say we lost depth here

Oline improved depth added RT in Dawkins who we hope to start or play backup OG/RT

Qb added more depth with vet and rookie

WR as of right now losing woods hurts but can zay match his production probably . If they sign maclin we are better for sure.

Dl = same

Overall I don't think we are negative in talent lost vs talent gained but I think better coaching and more basic approach on defense will help improve them

Now offense if we have Watkins maclin and zay jones how could you not say this improves vs last year

Come on now...

DBs could be worse, but could just as easily be better. With a scheme change, it's entirely possible that the additions of Hyde, Poyer, and Tre White will be a better overall group than Gilmore and the garbage at safety last year

LBs are probably a wash; I don't see how they get worse by going from Zach and Preston to Hodges/Ragland/LorAx.

RB is probably worse with Gilly gone

The OL is NOT the same; they added Dawkins in round 2, and he'll compete at RT

QBs are NOT the same; they have Yates and Peterman. They'll probably be about the same in terms of performance though.

WR is extremely debatable. Watkins could easily be an upgrade over his 2016 self with improved health, and I think there's hope that Zay Jones will be an upgrade over Woods.

DL is the same, but I also think that it's worth noting that Shaq Lawson will likely have an actual offseason this year.

The DBs look worse now.. but you don't know for sure.

I think the LBs are better, no way in this scheme with Hodges/Ragland and not Zach they aren't

RB ....I'm not willing to say worse. McCoy could play every game and be the rushing champ. Will it matter that much about the backups, it will work out fine.

OL... Better by a mile

QBs... better, Taylor got better as the year went on and we have some depth now. I don't think we have seen the best of TT. No David Lee helps too.

WR....Major has got to be joking, no further comment.. especially if we get Maclin

DL... I call a wash ...Shaq full year... guys a year older

My answer to that will be dismissed as bias/homerism (not necessarily by you), so I will simply leave it at we'll see this year.

Haha, agreed. I have my doubts but I'd love to see it. Again, he could be a better overall qb with worst stats.

I think of a good qb as a point guard who gets the ball to his playmakers and allows them to make plays.

Dbacks < last year but scheme wise, we're better suited this year.

Safeties <this year. We were a mess last year and have Hyde now.

LBs < this year. I'll take Hodges & Reggie over Zack any day.

RBs < this year Again, I'll take DiMarco & Tolbert over Gillislee all day.

Oline & QBs < this year easy...better depth

Dline < this year, EASY 4-3 SCHEME

K <this year by a LOT

Edited by r00tabaga

The DBs look worse now.. but you don't know for sure.

I think the LBs are better, no way in this scheme with Hodges/Ragland and not Zach they aren't

RB ....I'm not willing to say worse. McCoy could play every game and be the rushing champ. Will it matter that much about the backups, it will work out fine.

OL... Better by a mile

QBs... better, Taylor got better as the year went on and we have some depth now. I don't think we have seen the best of TT. No David Lee helps too.

WR....Major has got to be joking, no further comment.. especially if we get Maclin

DL... I call a wash ...Shaq full year... guys a year older

Who on this years roster right now is better than Woods?

Got it so no answers.

No i just don't like arguing with you because you're an ass. But if you insist

Assuming people remain relatively healthy

Dareus is back at 100% and plays well. He was suspended and injured for much of the year.

Hughes was injured for much of the year and played through it.

Lawson missed camp and wasn't a great fit for the 2016 defense.

Ragland comes back and provides at the very least, adequate ability.

White - downgrade from Gilmore.

Hyde - even if he's a downgrade from williams... he actually plays meaningful snaps. Same with Poyer. We had Ihedigbo and duke williams taking meaningful snaps last season on defense.

On offense:

We still have mills - so even if dawkins doesnt start its at the very least a wash. Wood missed time as did glenn.

Watkins healthy would be a huge upgrade over what we had last season. Woods is better than anyone we signed. Behind woods were goodwin/street fa's. But Watkins missed a ton of time and wasn't dynamic in many of the games he did play in.

RB is still shady, and i guess is a minus with teh loss of gillislee. But i'm not paying a backup RB that much money no matter what.

I don't think we're dramatically worse, and people overreact to the schedule every year. That is my opinion.

Edited by dneveu

On paper, I agree with MAJBobby (which feels gross :P)

BUT, we should theoretically have better coaching this year, so hopefully that leads to improvements on defense. If we maintain on offense, and improve on defense, we should fare better, even with a somewhat tougher schedule (on paper).