Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

Its not better than last year. Sorry

D Backs < last year

LB < Last year

RB older

OL = same

QB = same

WR < last year

DL = same

Tell me how they are better again with a much tougher schedule

Got it. Cant formulate an argument to his tape so deflect

Theyre not coached by an idiot...

We had league worst safeties a year ago - i don't see how our LBs are worse than last year, or how you can possibly say our WRs are worse than a year ago.

Edited by dneveu

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

D Backs < last year

LB < Last year

RB older

OL = same

QB = same

WR < last year

DL = same

I could see the LB situation being better with Hodges and Ragland in the lineup. The WRs could also be better if Maclin is signed, Sammy stays healthy, and Zay Jones is ready to contribute. Tyrod could also be more productive in the new offense if his weapons stay healthy.

D Backs < last year

LB < Last year

RB older

OL = same

QB = same

WR < last year

DL = same

Come on now...

DBs could be worse, but could just as easily be better. With a scheme change, it's entirely possible that the additions of Hyde, Poyer, and Tre White will be a better overall group than Gilmore and the garbage at safety last year

LBs are probably a wash; I don't see how they get worse by going from Zach and Preston to Hodges/Ragland/LorAx.

RB is probably worse with Gilly gone

The OL is NOT the same; they added Dawkins in round 2, and he'll compete at RT

QBs are NOT the same; they have Yates and Peterman. They'll probably be about the same in terms of performance though.

WR is extremely debatable. Watkins could easily be an upgrade over his 2016 self with improved health, and I think there's hope that Zay Jones will be an upgrade over Woods.

DL is the same, but I also think that it's worth noting that Shaq Lawson will likely have an actual offseason this year.

Theyre not coached by an idiot...

We had league worst safeties a year ago - i don't see how our LBs are worse than last year, or how you can possibly say our WRs are worse than a year ago.

Easy

LBer = Lost Brown replaced him with what? Also now have LORAX playing what?

Safeties still Suck. Hyde essentially just replaces Williams SS is still horrible

WR have what again Sammy and what? Rookies and unknowns

This team is much worse that last year with Talent on the field

Watch the all 22s. And come back and tell me he throws with anticipation.

And that the WRs were always covered.

I got it he can scramble and buy some time. Awesome. As i have said with him from day one not a long term solution until he can progress from pocket. And to Date has not he is at his ceiling. And just not good enough

Do you know what play was called on the snaps you are watching?

Do you know the progression Tyrod was supposed to follow on the snaps you are watching?

Do you know what route each receiver on the field was supposed to run, or do you just see them in space and declare them open?

I'm sure you'll dismiss this as excuses, but without that context all-22 is still nothing compared to film review with the team. You'd think if everyone was running free every play the WRs and team in general would be more hesitant to back Tyrod instead of following his leadership.

Do you know the progression Tyrod was supposed to follow on the snaps you are watching?

Do you know what route each receiver on the field was supposed to run, or do you just see them in space and declare them open?

I'm sure you'll dismiss this as excuses, but without that context all-22 is still nothing compared to film review with the team. You'd think if everyone was running free every play the WRs and team in general would be more hesitant to back Tyrod instead of following his leadership.

Again it is easy to know progressions called based on drops and route concepts. But keep deflecting

Kinda thought we'd have any update by this time. Felt like the momo was moving fast in our direction yesterday and now nada.

The Bills Fanatics people said he would be signed within a couple of days. If we don't hear anything by tomorrow then we should flip out. :thumbsup:

Oo you mean being good teammates got it. All you had to do was watch the WR body language last year.

So you're saying you think you know 1 of the 3 things I asked. Good job. Keep deflecting.

Ok

1. Route concept are easy to see

2. Progressions are also easy to figure out based of route concept and drop

3. Yes again route is easy to figure out with drop and other routes being run. Unless of course you are saying all the WR are running wrong routes

Edited by MAJBobby

D Backs < last year

LB < Last year

RB older

OL = same

QB = same

WR < last year

DL = same

When you hijack ANOTHER thread with your personal agenda, expect an argument or two.

Dbacks < last year but scheme wise, we're better suited this year.

LBs < this year. I'll take Hodges & Reggie over Zack any day.

RBs < this year Again, I'll take DiMarco & Tolbert over Gillislee all day.

Oline & QBs < this year easy...better depth

Dline < this year, EASY 4-3 SCHEME

Edited by r00tabaga

1) I certainly agree that Tom Brady is more accurate than Tyrod Taylor. I don't think anyone's arguing that.

2) Sammy's primary role in Roman's offense was big plays via superb athletic ability and deep ball tracking, which I agree is a misuse and far too limited a role. In college he thrived on screens, slants, and end-arounds. I believe that acquiring Maclin would allow him to serve as the big play receiver and let Sammy's role go back to what he excelled at. JMO.

But are those throws what Tyrod excels in? But I agree with your overall point.