Alexandria Bay next weekend for a Wedding

mead107

Head out Friday June 9th for a wedding. I heard the river is running high.

Sunday will head to Loon lake in Franklin county for a few days.

Plan on stopping at Deer valley trails restaurant and bar for a late lunch on Sunday.

Edited by mead107

Plan on stopping at Deer valley trails restaurant and bar for a late lunch on Sunday.

What happens out at Loon Lake, stays at Loon Lake ;)

we go up to sackets harbor a couple of times a month during the summer. i was there last weekend and it felt like it was october when the summer season is over. totally quiet like mead mentioned. no boats in the water, very few people in town, etc. there's a couple of restaurants there with outdoor eating, and the water level was so high that they had to close them off. i think most of the businesses in the thousand island area are going to really suffer this summer.

we go up to sackets harbor a couple of times a month during the summer. i was there last weekend and it felt like it was october when the summer season is over. totally quiet like mead mentioned. no boats in the water, very few people in town, etc. there's a couple of restaurants there with outdoor eating, and the water level was so high that they had to close them off. i think most of the businesses in the thousand island area are going to really suffer this summer.

We used to vaca annually @ Sackets Harbor many many decades ago when I was in my 20's. It was usually on Memorial Day, the 4th of July and or Labor Day.

I also have family in Watertown that (used to) own a cottages in Sackets Harbor, Henderson Harbor and Pillar Point.

The water is cold right now.

We used to vaca annually @ Sackets Harbor many many decades ago when I was in my 20's. It was usually on Memorial Day, the 4th of July and or Labor Day.

I also have family in Watertown that (used to) own a cottages in Sackets Harbor, Henderson Harbor and Pillar Point.

The water is cold right now.

i love it up there. we do a lot of boating around henderson harbor, but i haven't been to pillar point. we even had to take the boat out of the boat house, (it's my father in law's boat) because the water level rose so much, we were nervous that we couldn't get it out...we made it by inches. the house in sackets is right across from a marina. it's a complete ghost town right now. typically by this time every slip is filled up. this past weekend i'd say maybe 25% of the spots were filled. i think the entire town is going to take a hit.

I buried a hooker up that way a few years back. Nice girl, but a horrible drunk. As others said, very quiet place.

that was actually pretty classy of you to dig a hole. we find it's much less exhausting to fill a back pack full of rocks, take them out on the boat, and let the water do the work.

sometimes you just have to take care of rogue hookers.

Check out Clayton, it is much nicer than Abay and it's really close