99 People who will shape the NFL season

ESPN posted a list of 99 People who will shape the NFL Season and 3 Bills made the list.

Culture-changers

8. Sean McDermott, coach, Buffalo Bills. Having amassed a stunning amount of power in a short period of time, Buffalo's new head coach has overseen the post-draft removal of former GM Doug Whaley and the hiring of several new front-office figures who will try to end the league's longest playoff drought.

Stars who need some help

16. Tyrod Taylor, QB, Buffalo Bills. He ranks seventh in Total QBR and fourth in touchdown-to-interception ratio the past two seasons. That's without Sammy Watkins in the regular lineup and with LeSean McCoy missing five games. The line should hold up, but Taylor needs more weapons around him consistently if we're to find out how good he really can be.

Injuries to keep an eye on

67. Sammy Watkins, WR, Buffalo Bills. He has missed 11 games the past two seasons because of various injuries and is being held out of practices right now while he recovers from foot surgery.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

The season rides most on if Tyrod can take the next step or not. I can't wait to see what he can do. I would like for him to change my opinion on how I feel about him as a player.

Yeah, just wanted to post it because it seemed to highlight the national perspective. For me the season relies on Tyrod stepping up in the new system and skill player health on offense, and big contributions from not big names on defense.

The season rides most on if Tyrod can take the next step or not. I can't wait to see what he can do. I would like for him to change my opinion on how I feel about him as a player.

Also, it would seem Dan Graziano thinks you have nothing to worry about!

Which QB will make the biggest leap forward in 2017?

Dan Graziano, NFL Insider: OK, laugh, but I'll say Tyrod Taylor. He has the eighth-best Total QBR in the league since the start of the 2015 season -- better than guys such as Russell Wilson, Matthew Stafford, Carson Palmer, Philip Rivers and Andrew Luck. And that has been with Sammy Watkins and LeSean McCoy missing 16 combined games over the past two seasons. Taylor knows new Bills offensive coordinator Rick Dennison from their time together in Baltimore, which bodes well for his ability to take another step forward in 2017.

Spoiler alert: McDermott will make some bad calls, Tyrod will be up and down, Sammy and Shady will miss some playing time.

do they make the playoffs though?

(yeah yeah we know all that you typed in...)

I'm sorry, but Jimmy Garoppolo was on that list. Gonna "shape the NFL season," is he?

Plays 1 1/2 games and everyone loses their minds.

It's not beyond the realm of possibility that he has an impact on the season if Brady goes down or if he is traded to another team.

I think the offense will likely be consistent with what we have seen the last two years, hopefully a bit better with some good fortune on the injury front. The defense holds the key to our season, especially the Secondary if you ask me. I expect the front 7 to be able to get after it while also stopping the run this year, but will our CB's and Safeties hold up on the back end? That is the key to our season if you ask me.

I think the offense will likely be consistent with what we have seen the last two years, hopefully a bit better with some good fortune on the injury front. The defense holds the key to our season, especially the Secondary if you ask me. I expect the front 7 to be able to get after it while also stopping the run this year, but will our CB's and Safeties hold up on the back end? That is the key to our season if you ask me.

continue with falling behind 2 scores so the opposition goes into prevent garbagetime D in the 2nd quarter?

and TT flitters slower making small passes to wide open men and the clock churns away?

continue with falling behind 2 scores so the opposition goes into prevent garbagetime D in the 2nd quarter?

and TT flitters slower making small passes to wide open men and the clock churns away?

Lol, I am not really on the Tyrod bandwagon and have expressed my concerns about him numerous times. The offense does score some points though and the running game should be as good as ever even without TD Mike. Defense wins championships. If the defense gets back to top 5 then we make the playoffs and can make some noise in the AFC even with Tyrod at QB.

My three questions for the Bills season are:

- Defense - front end and back end working together. I worry about the inexperience in the secondary but if they are only having to cover fora couple of seconds it will make their jobs easier. Can the front 4 get the requisite pressure to force the ball out quick and protect the back end?

- Run game - how does our o-line execute the stretch zone? Roman's run scheme had a bit of everything in it and the line generally executed to a high standard in the run game. Apparently Dennison and OL coach / run game coordinator Juan Castillo have discussed keeping some of the good stuff from Roman's playbook in so it might be more multiple than a classic Shanahan / Kubiak / Dennison zone stretch scheme but if it is primarily a zone stretch scheme that is going to ask different things of our big guys. I hope they can adjust.

- Passing game - Can Tyrod step up in the clutch? I think McDermott is going to keep a lot of games tight and so there will be moments when we need Tyrod to make those 3 or 4 big throws in a 4th Quarter and on vital 3rd downs. He needs to be more efficient in those scenarios and it comes with better, quicker, reading of the field and diagnosing what he sees.

My three questions for the Bills season are:

- Defense - front end and back end working together. I worry about the inexperience in the secondary but if they are only having to cover fora couple of seconds it will make their jobs easier. Can the front 4 get the requisite pressure to force the ball out quick and protect the back end?

- Run game - how does our o-line execute the stretch zone? Roman's run scheme had a bit of everything in it and the line generally executed to a high standard in the run game. Apparently Dennison and OL coach / run game coordinator Juan Castillo have discussed keeping some of the good stuff from Roman's playbook in so it might be more multiple than a classic Shanahan / Kubiak / Dennison zone stretch scheme but if it is primarily a zone stretch scheme that is going to ask different things of our big guys. I hope they can adjust.

- Passing game - Can Tyrod step up in the clutch? I think McDermott is going to keep a lot of games tight and so there will be moments when we need Tyrod to make those 3 or 4 big throws in a 4th Quarter and on vital 3rd downs. He needs to be more efficient in those scenarios and it comes with better, quicker, reading of the field and diagnosing what he sees.

That pretty much sums it up. Well stated