Remember Bob Kalsu

I think about Bob almost every Memorial Day - he was a brave American who understood commitment.

But thanks for the reminder PTR.

FYI, Bob's still remembered by the army...

Return to Fort Campbell home page parent.gif

imamd.gifIN PROCESSING imamd.gif

In-Out Processing Section
Military Personnel Division
lLT J. Robert Kalsu Replacement Company

New Arrival Information

All Soldiers arriving to Fort Campbell, KY will report to the Fort Campbell 1LT J. Robert Kalsu Replacement Company, Bldg. 6916 on the corner of 34th Street and Desert Storm Avenue to sign in, 24 hours a day and 7 days a week with the following: DA Form 31, PCS Orders, Personnel File (201), Medical Records, Dental Records and Finance Envelope. Also Soldiers reporting between 0600 and 1700 must be in BDU s. Replacement company cadre will coordinate in-processing for newly arrived Soldiers and provide billeting for single Soldiers E5 and below. Soldiers accompanied by their families and soldiers in ranks of E6 and above are authorized billeting on a space available basis in the Turner Guest House, 82 Texas Avenue (near Gate -I, phone number 270--139-2229.)

The lLT J. Robert Kalsu Replacement Company Dining Facility (DFAC), Bldg 6919 on the corner of 34th Street and Desert Storm Avenue, provides food service support for Soldiers billeted at the replacement company. For additional information, requesting a leave extension or reporting a change in your arrival date, contact the replacement company at Commercial (270) 798-2813 or 956-1192; DSN 635-2813 or 363-1192.

Edited by hondo in seattle

The article in Sports Illustrated several years back was terrific- very sad article, though.

"All who knew him remember him in different ways. The clan, as a family man. The football players, as a tough jock. Then there are those who knew Kalsu on that terrible hill. They have the most painful and poignant memories of him. Fotias has trouble talking about Kalsu, his voice soft and filled with sorrow. So does Renner. He walked over to Kalsu's body lying outside the bunker and peered into his motionless face. He would see that face for years. Now, however, "I can't see the face anymore," Renner says. "I can see his silhouette. I can't see a lot of their faces, only their silhouettes.

Renner is having trouble getting out the words. They come in a whisper. "I've thought of him every Memorial Day," he says. "In my heart, I pay homage to him. And Johnson. They are all very important." He closes his eyes and bows his head and quietly weeps."

Edited by SF Bills Fan