Am I the only one who has had this happen at work?

boyst

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a baby armadillo exploring the back yard where I work. It was startled when it happened upon a dove nesting in the grass, and rolled up into a baby-sized ball. It was cute as can be.

I also left work once time after sunset and was halfway to my truck before a noticed a group of five coyotes on the property, staring at me.

I get scorpions inside the building where I work all the time. I'll never get used to scorpions.

Sounds like my neck of the woods!

A few years back I had a handicapped neighbor in a wheel chair call me to get rid of an opossum in his trash can. The can was empty so I just knocked it over, but the ugly little **** didn't want to leave. I lifted the can off of it and it just sat there hissing at me and snarling.

We just got a new sheltie puppy and we cant leave her alone in the yard for fear of hawks and eagles!

There was a baby armadillo exploring the back yard where I work. It was startled when it happened upon a dove nesting in the grass, and rolled up into a baby-sized ball. It was cute as can be.

I also left work once time after sunset and was halfway to my truck before a noticed a group of five coyotes on the property, staring at me.

I get scorpions inside the building where I work all the time. I'll never get used to scorpions.

Sounds like my neck of the woods!

A few years back I had a handicapped neighbor in a wheel chair call me to get rid of an opossum in his trash can. The can was empty so I just knocked it over, but the ugly little **** didn't want to leave. I lifted the can off of it and it just sat there hissing at me and snarling.

We just got a new sheltie puppy and we cant leave her alone in the yard for fear of hawks and eagles!

Have a random pig show up walking around your parking lot?

I work in a very industrial area with very little residencies and no reason for a pig. But a pig showed up and there are no feral pigs in the area. I took it home, because what else are you going to do with a pig tonight?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUh2H0nD-nl/

Yeah it was the blonde that worked up front,used to bother me. Smoker face with a hot body. I almost hit deer on the way to work a couple times a month. We even had a elk jump off a high way bridge.

When I worked in suburban Albany, NY, we had a moose on the loose in the area just west and south of our site. It didn't actually invade our parking lot, but it was playing in traffic on the nearby expressway during morning rush hour and caused a major traffic jam as DEC (Department of Environmental Conservation) staffers tried to herd it to a safer area. Smacking a deer with your car is bad enough ... smacking a moose is likely to be terminal. They weigh about a ton and stand like 6-8 feet tall at the shoulder I think.

I worked for the local community college here in Jamestown, and we had migratory Canada geese nesting and raising broods on our pond every year. One year one of the young geese had a deformed wing that prevented it from flying. The family wouldn't abandon the handicapped goose, so they wouldn't have migrated south in the fall, so when the geese were moulting and couldn't fly, we had a "goose round up" to catch the handicapped one and send her to a nearby nature preserve (where she's still living), and her family would be able to leave on time with all the rest of the migrants. We had probably 50 people, and it was still a hilarious disaster. Luckily, nobody gotten bitten.

Edited by SoTier

I had a one legged man hang himself above my desk. Seriously, you can't make this stuff up.

I had a one legged man hang himself above my desk. Seriously, you can't make this stuff up.

Okay, so why didn't he hand himself over HIS desk? Did you leave him a voicemail and then text him to tell him to call you?

Do they rock you like a hurricane?

On a related note, Hurricane season starts next week which means an annual spike in air time for that song

No pigs

A bobcat once came out the trees and parked itself on the walkway next to my job

I dont know if you have every seen one up close....but they are magnificent......an alleycat that looks like it has been roidin.......

have you ever heard one or a wildcat? it's scary as hell sounding, just creepy

saw this, funny

Who doesn't love bacon?

But what is Canadian bacon? Besides yummy, of course.

It's cured and smoked like "normal" bacon but mostly from the loin versus the belly. So it's obviously leaner and less flavorful.

No pigs

A bobcat once came out the trees and parked itself on the walkway next to my job

I dont know if you have every seen one up close....but they are magnificent......an alleycat that looks like it has been roidin.......

Yes I have seen one but dead unfortunately. Between the property behind me there is a fence but it is not in one piece and there is a place where fences are layered. We found a bobcat which tried to go thru the overlaid fence and it got stuck there and died during one winter. We were unable to take the body out without taking down the fence so since it in sort of a ravine we covered it up with topsoil and leaves and let nature take its course.

No pig but a stray dog dodging cars in the bank drive in.

The lead teller brought it inside the bank and we kept it there in the back area of the drive in.

He adopted it then later it went to live with his parents when they retired to Dunlap,Tennessee on their 5 acers

Definitely a rags to riches story .

Edited by CowgirlsFan

Okay, so why didn't he hand himself over HIS desk? Did you leave him a voicemail and then text him to tell him to call you?

My guess was he overheard a conversation that I had about leaving the company and taking all the IT staff with me. Or above my desk was the only place that had an exposed beam to get a rope around? I guess I won't know for sure until my next life, and maybe not even then.