Bills Release OT Cyrus Kouandjio and Sign WR Rod Streater

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They must not have been happy with his off-field issue or his commitment to recovery.

Looks like Mills will definitely be on the roster. With 7 spots on the team already locked up by Glenn, Richie, Wood, Miller, Mills, Dawkins, and Groy, I'll be very interested in how they handle the remainder of the roster with regard to OL.

There's one or two spots up for grabs among Henderson, Ola, Ducasse, and Lewis...all of whom have starting experience in the NFL.

I guess that I'd like to see a crazy bounce back from Henderson. I know that it's unlikely but he has the feet to play LT if necessary.

They must not have been happy with his off-field issue or his commitment to recovery.

Looks like Mills will definitely be on the roster. With 7 spots on the team already locked up by Glenn, Richie, Wood, Miller, Mills, Dawkins, and Groy, I'll be very interested in how they handle the remainder of the roster with regard to OL.

There's one or two spots up for grabs among Henderson, Ola, Ducasse, and Lewis...all of whom have starting experience in the NFL.

Henderson has the balance of a 10 game suspension before he can be of any help.

Another fabled Doug Whaley pick, the "best backup LT in the league with tremendous trade value" that cost us an early 2nd rounder in the deepest draft in recent memory.

About to have zero player from 2013 and 2014 drafts combined unless Sammy doesn't hate us already.

No they won't. Dareus' dead cap is over $38.5M. He's not going anywhere. Hughes' dead cap space is $10.7M. EVERY decision is made with the cap hit first. If it can be absorbed then they weigh the pros and cons. If it cannot be absorbed there is nothing further to discuss.

I'm not saying that those players are going to be immediately dispatched because as you say there are cap considerations. But what I am saying is that unless those players fit in with the framework that the coach wants then they won't be part of the long term plans for this coach. This coach wants a certain profile of player/person. I'm not sure that especially Dareus falls within his profile.

Sigh, feel bad for the kid. Seemed like he had everything going his way. Became a US citizen, playing in the NFL, and played well when our star tackle was out.

Hopefully, he gets better and can continue on.

Some team with a need at OT will roll the dice on him. Maybe Marrone brings him in for a look in Jax?

Whatever was going on with CK must have been pretty serious.

I doubt the incident in the field contributed much and, if it is a mental health issue, releasing a player for that reason seems far-fetched.

It's another draft pick who didn't produce. And the new regime has no obligation to him, 2nd round pick or not. He couldn't get on the field as a 2nd round pick for the previous staffs. It's not a stretch to say the current HC and staff had the same opinion.

Is anyone concerned that the Bills signed another WR? Could this be a Zay Jones insurance policy or lack of belief behind Philly and Holmes?

I'm hoping he's more competition for the WR3-5 spots, which I am good with.

I'm not saying that those players are going to be immediately dispatched because as you say there are cap considerations. But what I am saying is that unless those players fit in with the framework that the coach wants then they won't be part of the long term plans for this coach. This coach wants a certain profile of player/person. I'm not sure that especially Dareus falls within his profile.

That's why cap comes first though. The long-term plans are 100% dictated by that. The dead cap hit in 2018 is $22.2M for Dareus. He is here through AT LEAST 2018 before the more reasonable $7.8M dead cap hit. Whether they like a guy's attitude, effort or play is secondary to the cost.

I guess that I'd like to see a crazy bounce back from Henderson. I know that it's unlikely but he has the feet to play LT if necessary.

If he's suspended, then he'll technically still make the team and start the season on the RES/SUS list.