Lake Dawson Hired as Assistant Director of College Scouting

Can't really say I know much of anything about him but it seems like it could be a good hire...

it could be the guy from KC we heard about yesterday but hasn't been announced yet. That is his title there.

That is what I was thinking/hoping too. I was glad when I seen this guy was just the asst. Gave me hope Allen is still coming here.

Obviously none of us know much on these guys but I like that we are getting experienced people from a variety of backgrounds and not just raiding a single "gm tree" and giving big bumps to everyone in it.

Might be a product of the timing and not being able to raid a staff but after getting McD and Beane I do like getting a variety of perspectives and experience in the room instead of the possible groupthink of getting the young panthers club or all Andy Reid guys

Edited by NoSaint

Obviously none of us know much on these guys but I like that we are getting experienced people from a variety of backgrounds and not just raiding a single "gm tree" and giving big bumps to everyone in it.

Might be a product of the timing and not being able to raid a staff but after getting McD and Beane I do like getting a variety of perspectives and experience in the room instead of the possible groupthink of getting the young panthers club or all Andy Reid guys

This is a great point and I was thinking the same. There are obvious connections but it seems to be a broad net being cast.

Excellent!

Anybody still missing the 17 scrub scouts that got dumped? I'm pretty sure this FO will have that more than covered before too long. :)

I can still hear the cries -- where oh where will we ever find scouts! All the good ones are gone! Why did they wait to fire everyone!

Excellent!

Anybody still missing the 17 scrub scouts that got dumped? I'm pretty sure this FO will have that more than covered before too long. :)

Impossible Rico, No one worth a damn wants to work for this dumpsterfire / the Pegulas / The sham of a GM search etc *dripping sarcasm off*

I can still hear the cries -- where oh where will we ever find scouts! All the good ones are gone! Why did they wait to fire everyone!

Hats off to Beane....it appears he could sell ice to Eskimos

This is a great point and I was thinking the same. There are obvious connections but it seems to be a broad net being cast.

....and yet ANOTHER young gun 40 something.....liking this direction.....if you saw some of the bios for the 17 let go, many had been around for several years......clairvoyance?...17 let go and the drought is 17 years old.....hmmmm.................

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy