Cordy Glenn still recovering from ankle injury

Questionable for OTAs, "Should be ready for week 1"

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-bills-t-cordy-glenn-still-recovering-from-injury/

As reported by the official Buffalo Bills website, T Cordy Glenn is still rehabbing the ankle injury that he suffered last season and is questionable for the teams OTAs, but should be ready for Week 1.

Glenn missed five games in the 2016 season and was limited to 657 snaps, his lowest snap count since entering the league.

Feels like he's had this injury forever

Questionable for OTAs, "Should be ready for week 1"https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-bills-t-cordy-glenn-still-recovering-from-injury/

Feels like he's had this injury forever

I don't see how a non-surgically ankle injury that didn't heal fully in an entire offseason is going to get better or even last once the season starts. Sounds like it might be a chronic thing he has to deal with for the foreseeable future.

I don't see how a non-surgically ankle injury that didn't heal fully in an entire offseason is going to get better or even last once the season starts. Sounds like it might be a chronic thing he has to deal with for the foreseeable future.

i am starting to think the same thing. Didn't he initially hurt it in TC last year?

His backup Cyrus health status unknown ? Hope Cordy can recover. He was on the Murph show at 2pm but I missed it.

• According to Buffalo Bills head coach Sean McDermott, tackle Cyrus Kouandjio, who is still recovering from offseason hip surgery following a fall at his home, is “on track” to being full strength by training camp.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-mcdermott-optimistic-kouandjio-is-on-track-for-training-camp/

Edited by ALF

It is time we moved on from this marginal tackle. He has been a stop gap player at left tackle that we have come to rely on. He looks good because all others have been worse. The level of performance when healthy is not enough to win with. Remaining healthy has been only one of the issues. Just the best of a bad lot.

Seen as one of the premier pass-blocking tackles in the league, Glenn has ranked inside the top 20 every season but one in terms of pass-blocking grade with grades of 84.0 (2013), 83.2 (2014), 87.6 (2015) and 86.4 (2016). The only exception came in his rookie season.

Last season, Glenn only surrendered 17 total pressures, which ranked third among OTs, and had a pass-blocking efficiency of 96.4, which ranked eighth.

It is time we moved on from this marginal tackle. He has been a stop gap player at left tackle that we have come to rely on. He looks good because all others have been worse. The level of performance when healthy is not enough to win with. Remaining healthy has been only one of the issues. Just the best of a bad lot.

Absolute nonsense. There are literally about 5 tackles that have performed as consistently well as Cordy since he entered the NFL. Marginal? Absolute rubbish.

LOL

thanks for the laugh, needed it this morning after hearing sad news.

I mean, at least I hope this was a joke post...

He has started 72 of a possible 80 games (90%). By almost any measure he is a top 20 tackle out of 60-likely top 10.

this is quite the hot take. on top of that, it's just not accurate.

I think this is sarcasm; there's no way that anyone actually believes this (unless you haven't watched him play).

Glenn has definitely been the unsung hero of the Offensive line the last couple years. I normally would be concerned about him being ready for the season or getting practice reps given his Vet status, but due to the new Offensive system (again!) it would seem pretty important to get him going. However, also better to be safe and wait than sorry and be left with a real issue at LT.

I remember last year during pre-season when he got hurt. A BBMB mod gave me warning points for saying that injury would hamper him all season. The MOD said I was being overly negative, and that high ankle sprains are not a season long injury.

I think the MOD's name was MASH.

What a douche.

Edited by T-Bomb

I remember last year during pre-season when he got hurt. A BBMB mod gave me warning points for saying that injury would hamper him all season. The MOD said I was being overly negative, and that a high ankle sprains are not a season long injury.

I think the MOD's name was MASH.

What a douche.

warning points for that? Not to be tangential but wow, the more I hear about that board the more it sounds like a giant hot mess.

I remember my first warning point from Beerball :wub:

A poster started a thread late at night asking whether she should buy a an authentic Kiko jersey or a version made in China. I can't remember what I said but it was a joke! Oops. Also didn't know the poster was female, it was like a first-time poster. Kiko jersey jokes were all the rage back then.