DOJ Appoints Robert Mueller as Special Counsel - Jerome Corsi Rejects Plea Deal

7 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Yes, and the left will continue to praise Mueller for his integrity thinking that Trump hates him. When Mueller's probe exonerates Trump and (maybe) points fingers at Clinton the left and the media will go nuts. A little financial advice---buy stock in popcorn companies!

What has 45 called this investigation from the beginning? 

Maybe he was being literal...

Image result for hillary clinton witch meme

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Nanker said:

That were improperly obtained and in large part have fueled a giant fishing expedition.  

As it turns out, they may not have been.  GSA maintained them, so they were on a .gov server, but the transition team owns them...so they're private...maybe.  They also may be disallowed because of attorney-client privilege, and possibly because of executive privilege.  Or maybe not because of executive privilege, because the administration wasn't yet in power, so technically not the executive.

Basically...it's all !@#$ed six ways to Sunday.  Everyone has a point (save Trump, who as usual just generate noise), and it'll probably take the Supreme Court to sort out this mess.

DRN33FXUIAU5gnT.jpg

Mueller’s team is like, “Yeah, we screwed up. Sorry, bro.”

If something within those communications could not likely have been discovered over the course of the investigations, it and everything discovered as a result of the information is inadmissible as evidence. And the people who saw it are tainted.

I’ve heard no one say that Team Trump hasn’t been handing over every single thing Mueller demands.

Why is everyone on the left suddenly so concerned about the IG report?

Perhaps it has something to do with the man running the investigation... 

WHO IS MICHAEL HOROWITZ

Horowitz was nominated to fill the position in July of 2011 after Glenn Fine resigned, and officially confirmed in April of 2012.

By this point, the position of the IG had been neutered by then AG Holder's interpretation of section 6 of the Inspector General Act of 1978: 

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode05a/usc_sec_05a_01000006----000-.html

Holder and his legal team interpreted this to mean the IG had to request information. This allowed Holder and other agencies to bog down requests with bureaucratic red tape and, in some cases, deny them outright.

What prompted this new interpretation in 2011? (F&F - this is where Horowitz first started getting stonewalled by Holder)

From the day he took the job, Horowitz was a lame duck. A neutered lame duck who was unable to do the job he swore an oath to perform due to this interpretation. So what did Horowitz do?

He went to war with the administration... 

In March of 2013, Horowitz's office prepared a report for congress titled: "Open and Unimplemented IG recommendations could save tax payers $67b".

https://oversight.house.gov/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Staff-Report-Open-Unimplemented-IG-Recs.pdf

This report draws attention to the stonewalling by pointing out the waste as Horowitz sought out allies in Congress.  

Then, in April of 2014 - after 2 hours of Eric Holder's testifying about the DOJ's budget, Horowitz gives his testimony (to a now empty room - everyone having cleared out after Holder left).

Notice this interesting exchange with Shelby - who at the time was in the minority and clearly working with Horowitz here to make the situation clear: 

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4495940/michael-horowitz-grand-jury-documents

This is a really eye opening exchange - that again, no one saw, or covered, because Horowitz was very much fighting an uphill battle as an outsider. Not because he was politically motivated to do so, but because his job required him to do so.

And yet, the ability to do that job properly was being purposefully hindered by Holder and his interpretation of the IG Act. 

In August of 2014 other IG's begin to come to Horowitz's side: 

DROYiwMVoAA0X-V.jpg

Then in September of 2014, Horowitz is invited to testify about this problem to the House Oversight Committee. Here is his opening statement, listen closely: 

(Side note, but related: Think about how the wiretap issues relate DIRECTLY to the politico article today re Hezbollah and the DOJ https://www.politico.com/interactives/2017/obama-hezbollah-drug-trafficking-investigation/ )

This testimony lays out explicitly how this interpretation of the IG Act could potentially allow for massive corruption and cover up. 

Here's his full testimony to the House Oversight Committee entitled: "Obstructing Oversight: Concerns from the Inspector General". 

https://oig.justice.gov/testimony/t140910.pdf

This led to Issa introducing a new act in the House:

DROv-VoW4AAKJPE.jpg:large

In November of that year, 44 loses the Senate and the 114th Congress convenes. In February 2015, Grassley introduces a bill in the Senate, cementing Horowitz's alliance with Congress: 

DROx0kvXcAEdnau.jpg

In July of 2015, 44's administration makes one last attempt to block Horowitz. The DOJ Office of Legal Counsel issued a ruling against the IG:

https://www.justice.gov/sites/default/files/olc/opinions/attachments/2015/07/23/2015-07-20-doj-oig-access.pdf

(It's 68 pages of rambling legalese devoid of merit or logic.)

August 3rd, 2015 Horowitz responds, eviscerating 68 pages of nonsense with 2.5 pages of legal argument: 

http://1yxsm73j7aop3quc9y5ifaw3-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/CIGIE-Letter-to-HSGAC-HOGR-8-3-15.pdf

December 2016 - after four years of fighting the administration, and after an unexpected Trump win, Horowitz gets his victory as the bill becomes law: 

DRO9tElWkAA6Spw.jpg 

Then, in January, armed with the full powers of his job for the first time in his tenure, Horowitz announces the start of his investigation: 

https://oig.justice.gov/press/2017/2017-01-12.pdf

His investigation has had a wide berth and is now wrapping up - and if you've been following this thread you know we have already begun to see some of the fruits of its labor. 

So where does that leave us with Michael Horowitz as we await his report? 

Based on the panic we're seeing in DC about Mueller and Trump and the numerous deflections being deployed (cough - Tom Delonge - cough), I say there are a lot of people who are VERY nervous. 

Remember. "She was never supposed to lose". 

Image result for hillary clinton we will all hang by nooses if he wins

15 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/12/17/fire-mueller-democrats-attacks-301460

They continue to demonstrate they're WAY behind the curve on this story and understanding 45. If he was going to fire Mueller, it would have happened already. Instead, Trump has gone out of his way to speak well of Mueller personally. He slams the DOJ and FBI's handling of the Clinton case but not the Mueller investigation. 

When has 45 shown that kind of restraint? 

Mueller isn't investigating what Politico thinks he is.

You are incorrect about this.  Mueller is a lapdog just like Comey and the rest of them.  Going after the Trump emails by any means necessary should show you that.  There has nothing but speculation about him looking at Hillary.  No document grab, interviews...nothing.  She might not be Prez but she is still the queen of the hive in which Mueller is a drone.

Edited by 4merper4mer

6 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

You are incorrect about this.  Mueller is a lapdog just like Comey and the rest of them.  Going after the Trump emails by any means necessary should show you that.  There has nothing but speculation about him looking at Hillary.  No document grab, interviews...nothing.  She might not be Prez but she is still the queen of the hive in which Mueller is a drone.

Drones don't do any work.  Which makes that correct. 

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

That's because the accusations were silly against Hillary. The Republican Congress found nothing, why should the FBI of? 

4 hours ago, Nanker said:

I wonder if Horowitz can investigate the Muller probe. 

On a side note, I’d love to see Schiff in cuffs and being frog-marched out of his office. 

Schiff's fall is coming. We'll see if they cuff him or let him resign.  

Horowitz absolutely can investigate the Mueller probe. I contend he has been, with the help of Flynn's Leak Killers. 

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

I understand that view on Mueller. I just disagree. I'll happily admit I'm wrong if it comes to that, but look at the bigger picture and it's hard to come to any conclusion but either:

1) Mueller is arrogantly stacking the deck against Trump to such a degree he's risking tainting the investigation with political bias

or

2) Mueller is playing his part and will, ultimately, exonerate Trump from Russian collusion while sweeping up several prominent lobbyists for FARA violations and corruption charges. 

Mueller is too smart to fall into the trap of #1 willingly in my mind. That leaves option 2. But we will see shortly which way Mueller will go. 

But there is evidence that Mueller is looking into corruption and not Russian collusion - Tony Podesta and the Podesta Group being shuttered is huge towards that end, as is the fact that all four indictments so far have ZERO to do with Russia or Russian collusion. 

5 hours ago, Nanker said:

I wonder if Horowitz can investigate the Muller probe. 

On a side note, I’d love to see Schiff in cuffs and being frog-marched out of his office. 

It won't be Schiff in handcuffs 

He isn't the one Trump is taking about obstructing justice for with issuing pardons 

You guys are sad 

...This is a weird LAMP, apologies, but since I've been so active in this thread (and because I think there will be developments between now and Christmas), I just wanted to let ya'll know I'm going dark for a few weeks starting tomorrow. I'll try to check in and update, but I'll be conducting more interviews for the next week and a half off the grid and won't have web or cell access. Then I'm headed back to NY to see the family for the Holidays.

Didn't want anyone thinking I was running away (in case it breaks the other way in that time) or that something happened to me for talking too much :P:ph34r: ...

Hope you all have a great, safe, and happy holiday season,  PPP. :beer: 

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

...This is a weird LAMP, apologies, but since I've been so active in this thread (and because I think there will be developments between now and Christmas), I just wanted to let ya'll know I'm going dark for a few weeks starting tomorrow. I'll try to check in and update, but I'll be conducting more interviews for the next week and a half off the grid and won't have web or cell access. Then I'm headed back to NY to see the family for the Holidays.

Didn't want anyone thinking I was running away (in case it breaks the other way in that time) or that something happened to me for talking too much :P:ph34r: ...

Happy holiday my man, hope you have a great Christmas and New Year 

21 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Let's also say that the power outage in Atlanta today is... suspicious. 

Supposedly the next 24 hours are going to shake the tree, rumors are some people are trying to get out of Dodge before that happens. Could this be connected? Could it be an attempt to keep certain soon-to-be-indicted folk from fleeing? 

Probably not... :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

...This is a weird LAMP, apologies, but since I've been so active in this thread (and because I think there will be developments between now and Christmas), I just wanted to let ya'll know I'm going dark for a few weeks starting tomorrow. .

Then I'm headed back to NY to see the family for the Holidays.

Coincidence ???

I think not............:lol:

Merry Christmas D.R.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

...This is a weird LAMP, apologies, but since I've been so active in this thread (and because I think there will be developments between now and Christmas), I just wanted to let ya'll know I'm going dark for a few weeks starting tomorrow. I'll try to check in and update, but I'll be conducting more interviews for the next week and a half off the grid and won't have web or cell access. Then I'm headed back to NY to see the family for the Holidays.

Merry Christmas DR, have a safe, happy, & healthy holiday.

But if Santa tries to get you into his sled, DON'T fall for it.  That's not going to be a Christmas list in his hands - it's a cook book!!! :P

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Then I'm headed back to NY to see the family for the Holidays.

You have not much future there.

It will happen this way. You may be walking. Maybe the first sunny day of the spring. And a car will slow beside you, and a door will open, and someone you know, maybe even trust, will get out of the car. And he will smile, a becoming smile. But he will leave open the door of the car and offer to give you a lift.

• Haha (+1) 2