DOJ Appoints Robert Mueller as Special Counsel - Jerome Corsi Rejects Plea Deal

1 minute ago, Crayola64 said:

What?  That I can be comfortable with some things I find wrong instead of being upset?  Get a grip.  If we made a list of 100 terrible things going on in the world, I doubt you are actively getting upset over each them.  

Dangerous and stunning?  Go back to drama class.

This is an incredibly stupid and naive opinion.

The line between republicanism and despotism is dangerously thin, and this exact place is where it lies.

The reason you're free to hold terrible opinions, and voice them on the internet, or anywhere else, is because the government is not free to throw you in jail, or "disappear you" for political dissent as happens so many other places in the world.  Freedom is fragile and delicate, and is easily violated by the powerful in the shadows is not checked very publicly.

20 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

I don't disagree with what you are saying.  I think as a general principle, what you said about allowing the government to do whatever it wants in an investigation is wrong (as in ethically/morally/philosophically/etc wrong, not that what you are saying is wrong!).  It is just this isn't an issue that bothers me much, though I get your view.  

Not every bad or wrong thing bothers me, that's all.  

I get that, it's why I find your perspective troubling.  Some things bother you, but a full-scale assault on the presidency, the rule of law, and the weaponization of our intelligence agencies to subvert the will of the people isn't one of them. 

I'd honestly feel better if you were a zealot, because I enjoy reading what you have to say. It's like going to a dinner party and speaking to someone who says "I love American values, but nothing make me happier than when I see that North Korean fella whack a couple of adversaries. He just gets $&$& done.".

30 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

This is an incredibly stupid and naive opinion.

The line between republicanism and despotism is dangerously thin, and this exact place is where it lies.

The reason you're free to hold terrible opinions, and voice them on the internet, or anywhere else, is because the government is not free to throw you in jail, or "disappear you" for political dissent as happens so many other places in the world.  Freedom is fragile and delicate, and is easily violated by the powerful in the shadows is not checked very publicly.

Use italics less.  Or spice up your insults with bold or something.

I think it’s funny that even though I agree with your opinion (to a degree, at least) you think it’s naive that I’m not actively troubled by the investigation.  Sorry, it doesn’t make my list of things to get angry about.

26 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I get that, it's why I find your perspective troubling.  Some things bother you, but a full-scale assault on the presidency, the rule of law, and the weaponization of our intelligence agencies to subvert the will of the people isn't one of them. 

You have to be realistic.  You can only have a enough passion/energy to get riled up on so many things.  This just isn’t one of them for me.  I can say it’s wrong though and that I am against it.  Though I think you’ve over-broadened my view to the rule of law and government subversion though.  

I'd honestly feel better if you were a zealot, because I enjoy reading what you have to say. It's like going to a dinner party and speaking to someone who says "I love American values, but nothing make me happier than when I see that North Korean fella whack a couple of adversaries. He just gets $&$& done.".

Oh, who wouldn’t want to see that!?  I’m watching sopranos currently and any whacking is getting a thumbs up from me

Edited by Crayola64

4 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

Use italics less.  Or spice up your insults with bold or something.

You have to be realistic.  You can only have a enough passion/energy to get riled up on so many things.  This just isn’t one of them for me.  I can say it’s wrong though and that I am against it.  Though I think you’ve over-broadened my view to the rule of law and government subversion though.  

Oh, who wouldn’t want to see that!?  I’m watching sopranos currently and any whacking is getting a thumbs up from me

I keep waiting for you to send me the "gotcha!" email, or for someone to knock on my door in to tell me I got punked. If the collusion angle is bogus, and if the FBI/CIA Obama admin/DOJ ran with it, and the SC is diddling around with it in an effort to subvert the president, I can't see where I'm overbroadening anything. 

But I'll tap out on this one, we'll have to just disagree on this issue. I mean I get that you don't have the energy to get riled up over global warming, or biggie v Tupac, or whether or not Cooper/Gaga were better than kristoferson/Streisand in A Star is Born, but a two+ year plot to overthrow....

ah, forget it. 

11 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I keep waiting for you to send me the "gotcha!" email, or for someone to knock on my door in to tell me I got punked. If the collusion angle is bogus, and if the FBI/CIA Obama admin/DOJ ran with it, and the SC is diddling around with it in an effort to subvert the president, I can't see where I'm overbroadening anything. 

But I'll tap out on this one, we'll have to just disagree on this issue. I mean I get that you don't have the energy to get riled up over global warming, or biggie v Tupac, or whether or not Cooper/Gaga were better than kristoferson/Streisand in A Star is Born, but a two+ year plot to overthrow....

ah, forget it. 

The rule of law is extremely broad, and certain parts of it care about a lot.*  For example.

And me thinking an overly broad investigation against the president, triggered by bias and politics isn’t the same as thinking there is a conspiracy.  I’ll read mueller’s “report” in detail and see what he has to say.  Even if it has bad intentions and is wildly inappropriate, I think the “report” will be able to be judged objectively.

I'll add.  The abuse of the law, expansion of the rules, playing dirty with the rules, is so common to me I just don't mind it.  In some circumstances I enjoy it.  

Edited by Crayola64

40 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

Whatever you say boss.  

Critiques of your positions are not personal attacks no matter how you feel about them.

47 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

I'll add.  The abuse of the law, expansion of the rules, playing dirty with the rules, is so common to me I just don't mind it.  In some circumstances I enjoy it.  

I'm of the opinion that folks who draw this particular sword deserve to die on it.

People who hold this view are the reason we are going to have a shooting war in the streets in our lifetimes, and when it comes, I hope you suffer dearly in it, as this particular kind of stupid deserves to be painful.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Critiques of your positions are not personal attacks no matter how you feel about them.

I'm of the opinion that folks who draw this particular sword deserve to die on it.

People who hold this view are the reason we are going to have a shooting war in the streets in our lifetimes, and when it comes, I hope you suffer dearly in it, as this particular kind of stupid deserves to be painful.

Such dramatic talk definitely builds a populist hype machine. There has never been a perfect law mechanism in the US, and yet it’s rarely been less corrupt than it is now. And yes, it’s still corrupt. 

The high drama moment you’re hoping for is not likely in our brief speck of a lifetime. That is the fallacy of the doomsday cult thinking, but the carnival barking on this sky is falling moment draws them in every time. 

The Russians ran an active campaign to help elect Trump. What collusion there may have been, or not, is something Mieller is investigating. What he has found or will find, or not, is something that I hope we get to read. To date, we know very little despite the many assertions on one side that we are ready to impeach and the other that it’s a witch-hunt. 

I would enjoy letting this run it’s course and worry about government in the interim addressing more pressing issues like deficit spending, healthcare, free trade, fraying ally relations, to name a few. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

Stone's history is really interesting. The Nixon library came out and distanced themselves all these years later for the dirty tricks he learned in CREEP.  Him and the Russian stooge Manafort have been friends for decades, which explains how he ended up running Trump's campaign. 

10 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Stone's history is really interesting. The Nixon library came out and distanced themselves all these years later for the dirty tricks he learned in CREEP.  Him and the Russian stooge Manafort have been friends for decades, which explains how he ended up running Trump's campaign. 

it all ties together so easily

10 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

That's what's so ***** annoying about this side of the site.  PPP might have someone saying something as you've said, calling out someones thoughts as ridiculous, immature, wrong, illogical or any other criticism. Then the pansies that drop in only believe they're being attacked or insulted because they're probably stupid anyway. But they were not. Of course, from their moral high ground they'll proclaim they can't argue or won't argue with someone who merely insuls their belief without wanting to discuss it. It's especially fun when it's a rehashed narrative settled 5 pages before or an outright proven lie.

But, yeah, Crayola,I'm on his side.  He could have been gentler and handled you with kid gloves but he's an ####### who thinks golf is a sport so understanding his primitive mind because he likes balls and sticks won't get you far.

We have reached the point in American life where we no longer have shared values.

It used to be that we agreed on the things we wanted but had differing ideas on how to achieve them, but now we have two stark and incompatible cultures opposing each other over every issue; with one side now demonstrating non only a willingness, but rather a desire, to undermine the concept of free and fair elections and self-determination in order to achieve their desired results.

The level of discourse has reached the pitch of Bleeding Kansas, and I'm of the belief that when one side of the debate has thrown away the notion of a peaceful transfer of power to a side they disagree with, then it's time to dispense with the veil all together, and start shooting them.