DOJ Appoints Robert Mueller as Special Counsel - Jerome Corsi Rejects Plea Deal

13 hours ago, B-Man said:

IT’S ALWAYS IN THE LAST PLACE YOU LOOK? Mueller’s Investigation is Missing One Thing: A Crime.

This week’s Key to Everything is Michael Cohen, the guy who lied out of self-interest for Trump until last week when we learned he is also willing to lie, er, testify against Trump out of self-interest. If you take his most recent statements at face value, the sum is the failed negotiations to build a Trump hotel in Moscow, which went on a few months longer than was originally stated, and that we all knew about already.

Meanwhile, the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York submitted a sentencing memo Friday for Cohen, recommending 42 months in jail. In a separate filing, Mueller made no term recommendation but praised Cohen for his “significant efforts to assist the special counsel’s office.” The memos reveal no new information.

Call it sleazy if you want, but looking into a real estate deal is neither a high crime nor a misdemeanor, even if it’s in Russia. Conspiracy law requires an agreement to commit a crime, not just the media declaiming that “Cohen was communicating directly with the Kremlin!” Talking about meeting Russian persons is not a crime, nor is meeting with them.

The takeaway that this was all about influence shopping by the Russkies falls flat.

We haven’t had a President this firm with Moscow since Reagan, which makes Trump the worst influence buy ever.

The only thing firm is Putin’s dick as he continues Putin it in Donald’s ass. 

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It'll be hilarious when the judge overturns the conviction - and then Flynn gets nominated to be CoS or National Security Advisor. 

:lol: 

That's a lot bigger than the "no lawyer present" headline.  That is outrageous malfeasance by McCabe.

Just now, DC Tom said:

That's a lot bigger than the "no lawyer present" headline.  That is outrageous malfeasance by McCabe.

Yup. Went back through my notes on McCabe last night and realized he testified to this, he confirmed it

There's no way the judge can NOT overturn the conviction with this information. 

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Yup. Went back through my notes on McCabe last night and realized he testified to this, he confirmed it

How many other cases has McCabe been involved in during his career?  Can't wait for that shitshow to hit the appellate courts...

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Of course there is much more nuance to this than the headline.

McCabe told Flynn it was his choice to have a lawyer present and Flynn agreed to meet with the agents without any additional participants. Flynn had a choice to speak with the agents alone, or with counsel and the DOJ. He chose not to have counsel and the DOJ involved.

McCabe, by his own account, urged Flynn to talk to the agents alone, without a lawyer present. "I explained that I thought the quickest way to get this done was to have a conversation between [Flynn] and the agents only," McCabe wrote. "I further stated that if LTG Flynn wished to include anyone else in the meeting, like the White House counsel for instance, that I would need to involve the Department of Justice. [Flynn] stated that this would not be necessary and agreed to meet with the agents without any additional participants."

6 minutes ago, peace out said:

Of course there is much more nuance to this than the headline.

McCabe told Flynn it was his choice to have a lawyer present and Flynn agreed to meet with the agents without any additional participants. Flynn had a choice to speak with the agents alone, or with counsel and the DOJ. He chose not to have counsel and the DOJ involved.

McCabe, by his own account, urged Flynn to talk to the agents alone, without a lawyer present. "I explained that I thought the quickest way to get this done was to have a conversation between [Flynn] and the agents only," McCabe wrote. "I further stated that if LTG Flynn wished to include anyone else in the meeting, like the White House counsel for instance, that I would need to involve the Department of Justice. [Flynn] stated that this would not be necessary and agreed to meet with the agents without any additional participants."

Which, knowing everything else we now know about how that meeting came together, looks even worse for McCabe. 

We know it the meeting was a set up, Stzrok and Page's texts make that clear. As does McCabe's own testimony to the IG. Taking the steps McCabe took is a violation of Flynn's rights - doubly so when the intent of the meeting was to entrap Flynn. The FBI cannot do that legally. And this is before we even touch on the forged 302s - which, in combination with the above move this into even more criminal territory for McCabe and Strzok.

The charges will likely be tossed... and McCabe is in big, big, trouble.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Wait...when was Flynn interviewed, again?  DoJ notified the White House that Flynn was a blackmail threat because of his "lies" to the FBI on January 25th, which was reported to be after the FBI interview.  So they got this rolling between the inauguration on the 20th and the Justice Department memo on the 25th...a half-assed interview, lies reported to DoJ and escalated to the acting AG, who notified the White House Counsel...in three or four days, including a weekend????  (As the 20th was a Friday.)

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Unlikely. What McCabe did in telling Flynn he didn't need a lawyer was scummy, but not illegal.

Remember: The feds can lie to you all day, but it's a crime for you to lie to them.

Edited by Koko78
  • Like (+1) 1