DOJ Appoints Robert Mueller as Special Counsel - Jerome Corsi Rejects Plea Deal

15 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Session's statement on the missing texts. 

DULmjzZX0AAthz4.jpg

They're good people, they just misplaced the texts and the dog ate them. Sounds like a perfectly innocent explanation to me as to why the text were lost.

They did nothing wrong.

- CNN

• Haha (+1) 1

I have a feeling the DOJ IG already has the texts. This is either a ploy to get the targets of their investigation comfortable, or to get the American public with the type of tomfoolery that's afoot within the DOJ/FBI. 

Either way, recovering SMS texts - even deleted ones - is a pretty straight forward job. The NSA and Military Intelligence have them, I'm almost certain. 

7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I have a feeling the DOJ IG already has the texts. This is either a ploy to get the targets of their investigation comfortable, or to get the American public with the type of tomfoolery that's afoot within the DOJ/FBI. 

Either way, recovering SMS texts - even deleted ones - is a pretty straight forward job. The NSA and Military Intelligence have them, I'm almost certain. 

They must have smashed their cell phones with a hammer before handing them over to the commissioner.

• Haha (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

I hope at the end of this top Democrats swing on a rope. That party is rife with treason.

Noooooooooooooooooo

I thought the Dems were American to the core and do right by its citizens. Illegal citizens that is.

Let's not forget the precedent that applies here: 

"Although we did not find clear evidence that [...] intended to violate laws governing the handling of [...] information, there is evidence that they were extremely careless [...]  [N]o charges are appropriate in this case."

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, GG said:

Probably got them through 702 collections

I believe he got them from Flynn and Roger's leak-killer network outlined way back. Which yes, used the powers of the mass surveillance state against them. Hence my schadenfreude with the way this cabal is being brought down: By the very tools of control they themselves built and implemented. 

The irony is fan-f'ing-tastic. 

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

LOL, the Clinton Campaign, the Clinton Foundation, the Obama Administration, and the Democratic National Committee literally conspired with the Russians to rig the election, then accused the Trump Campaign of everything they did.

It would be absolutely hilarious if it didn't mean that we've been being governed like a tin-pot dictatorship for longer than I care to think about.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

The tone of that statement tells you everything you need to know about what is going on.

The tone is that they have "top men" working on it. Top men.

12 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Maybe so.  If so, I think the current administration is trying to figure out how best to politically leverage the info. I think they'd rather preserve their places than seek actual justice. 

• Like (+1) 1

Without offering specifics, Mangiante said there is much more that has not yet been told publicly about Papadopoulos’ 10 months as an informal national security adviser to Trump and his interactions with a London-based professor who told Papadopoulos, according to court filings, that the Russians had “dirt” on Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton.

“There’s a lot to come,” she said. “He was the first one to break a hole on all of this.”

She said Papadopoulos was not a “coffee boy,” as he was once tagged by former Trump adviser Michael Caputo, a nickname she found especially galling. “I know what it means as a young person to do all the efforts you do to build your career and be dismissed as a coffee boy,” she said.

“I believe history will remember him like John Dean,” said Italian-born Simona Mangiante, referring to the former White House counsel who pleaded guilty to his role in the Watergate coverup and then became a key witness against other aides to President Richard Nixon.

Dean told Nixon in 1973 that Watergate was a “cancer on the presidency,” warning him that it was an existential crisis that could imperil his term in office.

“George is very loyal. And he is on the right side of history,” added Mangiante, who got engaged to Papadopoulos in September.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/george-papadopoulos-is-the-john-dean-of-the-russia-investigation-his-fiancee-says/2018/01/22/8e47b016-ff4d-11e7-9d31-d72cf78dbeee_story.html?utm_term=.a236ed34ed37

AFP_WP8MP.jpg?t=20170517a

As the attorney general tried to push Christopher Wray to make personnel changes, Wray became increasingly frustrated and conveyed that frustration to Sessions, according to people familiar with the matter.

Wray has a nice haircut. I might have to get mine like that :) 

39 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

AFP_WP8MP.jpg?t=20170517a

As the attorney general tried to push Christopher Wray to make personnel changes, Wray became increasingly frustrated and conveyed that frustration to Sessions, according to people familiar with the matter.

Wray has a nice haircut. I might have to get mine like that :) 

Please don't. 

We're fond of your current look.

troll-doll-aka-dam-doll-first-created-19

• Haha (+1) 2

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/23/us/politics/jeff-sessions-special-counsel-russia.html

Sessions Is Interviewed in Mueller’s Russia Investigation

WASHINGTON — Attorney General Jeff Sessions was questioned for several hours last week by the special counsel’s office as part of the investigation into Russia’s meddling in the election and whether the president obstructed justice since taking office, according to a Justice Department spokeswoman.

The meeting marked the first time that investigators for the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, are known to have interviewed a member of Mr. Trump’s cabinet.

The spokeswoman, Sarah Isgur Flores, confirmed that the interview occurred in response to questions from The New York Times.

• Like (+1) 1